On death and deadliness

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: On death and deadliness

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #650151

Bottom post of the previous page:

I think that death and deadliness are more fun when recovering from harm is not too *time consuming*, even if it is also not *easy*. Spending 20 minutes being medically harassed by some very slow pracitcioner reading each step off the wiki one line at a time for moderate injuries like burning yourself setting up the SM is extremely anti-fun. Likewise one of the only advantages of the old cloner system was that you knew if you were going to get to come back and from then it didnt take too long. The problem with that wasn't that coming back from the dead was too quick, it was that it was so easy for med staff that they preferred it to the increasingly advanced medical systems. Finding ways for death and injuries to be dealt with in a manner that is both quick but challenging/restricted is probbably quite hard, but I think it's the right way.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
VexingRaven
Byond Username: VexingRaven

Post by VexingRaven » #650323

ITT people acting like people should want to die randomly and spend the next hour waiting for the next round.
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #650384

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:24 pm I think that death and deadliness are more fun when recovering from harm is not too *time consuming*, even if it is also not *easy*. Spending 20 minutes being medically harassed by some very slow pracitcioner reading each step off the wiki one line at a time for moderate injuries like burning yourself setting up the SM is extremely anti-fun. Likewise one of the only advantages of the old cloner system was that you knew if you were going to get to come back and from then it didnt take too long. The problem with that wasn't that coming back from the dead was too quick, it was that it was so easy for med staff that they preferred it to the increasingly advanced medical systems. Finding ways for death and injuries to be dealt with in a manner that is both quick but challenging/restricted is probbably quite hard, but I think it's the right way.
Which is why wounds suck
retired ss13 coderman