Selectable Profiles for Chat Highlights (I WILL PAY MONEY FOR THIS)

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Selectable Profiles for Chat Highlights (I WILL PAY MONEY FOR THIS)

Post by AwkwardStereo » #675626

I like to play a few different jobs in a few different departments. However, not all of the words I have highlighted apply to all of the jobs I play. I don't need to hear about Cargo related shit when I am playing Medical or Sec. I also can't be fucked to have these profiles just written up in a word doc to copy paste into the box because in the long run that wastes so much of my fucking time across a thousand rounds. I will not stand for my time being wasted. If there is one thing I want to see it is this; The ability to just quickly swap chat highlight settings without having to fuck around outside the game maintaining my own highlights.

I will pay the collector of this 25 USD. PayPal is pretty easy for me but if that doesn't work I'll try to make whatever works for you work for me.

Bonus points (because I KNOW this shit will piss me off later): Being able to assign these highlight profiles to characters. That way once I've set them I never have to fuck with them again.

double bonus points: include a video of it working in the PR because i am very retarded, can't read code, and like pictures
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Re: Selectable Profiles for Chat Highlights (I WILL PAY MONEY FOR THIS)

Post by Striders13 » #675797

doesn't say anything about making highlight profiles not delete themselves at random...
► Show Spoiler
PengisBungholius
Byond Username: PengisBungholius

Post by PengisBungholius » #676493

Striders13 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:30 pm doesn't say anything about making highlight profiles not delete themselves at random...
that's intended behavior (please someone fix this it's so annoying)
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #677722

The only reason that would happen is you're clearing your internet explorer local storage
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #677782

let it be known that disappearing chat highlights is not a concern of this bounty (works on my machine, don't care)