[Bounty] Service borg feature(s)

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Dawnseer
Byond Username: Dawnseer

[Bounty] Service borg feature(s)

Post by Dawnseer » #684019

Alright first things first, there will actually be two bounties. This is for features I wanted to add in my service borg upgrades PR, https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/74938 but I couldn't figure out myself.

The first part is for the new service apparatus to be able to pick up food that has been placed on an oven tray, plate, griddle, or an oven tray on the oven itself, or the soup pots on the range. Or anything that makes the object 'attach' to the other object. I reckon it's the same kind of issue running along them all preventing it.

Secondly it is to give the service borg a way to access the food and drink sections of the crafting menu so it can actually cook. This can be done by either giving the borg the crafting menu button upon switching to service module, or making it something like alt clicking the kitchen toolset opening the cooking menu. I was advised it was something about having to call ui_interact on the /datum/component/personal_crafting. But I couldn't figure it out, so I leave it to someone with more brain cells than I. If it turns out it was something really simple, then so be it. preferably, the service borg would only be able to access the food and drinks parts of the crafting menu, and not the other crafting section.

As for why it's good for the game, it will allow the service borg to actually prepare food dishes, and not just be an ingredient preparation machine.

The price tag will be 40 euro if you do just one, while if you do both, 45 euro a pop, so 90 euro total.
I am not paying for the merge, but rather the coding of it and the attempt at a merge. If it doesn't end up merged for some reason despite being completely reasonable features, then woe is me, and the bounty is still yours.

I can be contacted on discord via Dawnseer#1269, So please do tell if you plan to make an attempt and update me on progress. Or stay completely silent and surprise me with a link to the merged pr. Though I'd prefer being informed.
I will of course also be keeping track of this thread in case any questions or updates gets posted here.
Dawnseer

Re: [Bounty] Service borg feature(s)

Post by Dawnseer » #692955

Both parts of the bounty has been claimed by Fikou!
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/76590
Dawnseer

Re: [Bounty] Service borg feature(s)

Post by Dawnseer » #693342

And it's even merged now. Think I can go ahead and lock this.