Atlanta-Ned presents: Dumb Tricks With The Station Map

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Atlanta-Ned presents: Dumb Tricks With The Station Map

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #86741

Hiya.

I built a thing. It takes the(manually split) station map .dmm file and renders it to a <canvas> element. You can check it out right here. The red highlighted points are mostly error checking myself (coordinate systems are screwy), but also a proof of concept. Those tile definitions are logged to the browser console. The end goal is to be able to render the map as it appears in-game, using just the game code and some javascript.

Right now, the link I posted is TERRIBLY INEFFICIENT(please be gentle) because it's loading the contents of the map .dm file and running a bunch of expensive operations. Once I've got a better idea of functionality, I can work on optimizing it a bit.

OTHER COOL THING: I can make a death heatmap. If someone who has database access can run this query and send me the data (JSON preferred, but I'll take whatever ya give me), I can get a working proof of concept up.

Bare essentials:

Code: Select all

SELECT coord, tod
FROM death
WHERE tod BETWEEN NOW() - INTERVAL 30 DAY AND NOW()
More data, more fun:

Code: Select all

SELECT pod, coord, tod, job, bruteloss, brainloss, fireloss, oxyloss
FROM death
WHERE tod BETWEEN NOW() - INTERVAL 30 DAY AND NOW()
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
RocKeD
Byond Username: Rocked

Re: Atlanta-Ned presents: Dumb Tricks With The Station Map

Post by RocKeD » #86864

This would be really cool post round. I can imagine all these stats with a link at the end to see how the round went. Is it possible to implement time data to get kinda like a overview on how things progressed?
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #86895

I think we used to have a death heatmap once, way back in the day. It's probably gone now, though.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #86900

Errorage was apparently working on his stats stuff again, but hey, haven't seen them active recently.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #86918

http://ss13.eu/tgdb/tg/latest_stats.html is the stats page that erro's recently brought back, and there WAS a death heatmap, but it currently doesn't work. The underlying statistic of "where people are dying" is probably still being collected though.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #86924

The stats are hilarious, like the fact that wizards that mulligan into traitor or ling always fail, and that the crew has never lost Ragin Mages.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #86930

mulligan doesn't really interface with stats yet, traitors seen in wizard modes on the stat page are usually apprentices (because they're unfortunately classed as traitors) and wizards seen in traitor modes are admin spawned.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
RocKeD
Byond Username: Rocked

Post by RocKeD » #86933

Incoming wrote:http://ss13.eu/tgdb/tg/latest_stats.html is the stats page that erro's recently brought back, and there WAS a death heatmap, but it currently doesn't work. The underlying statistic of "where people are dying" is probably still being collected though.
I have seen this before! Although I can not remember when or where, why is this not currently in the game? In my opinion all those stats are pretty epic.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #86952

RocKeD wrote:Is it possible to implement time data to get kinda like a overview on how things progressed?
That's definitely in the realm of possibility.
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #86953

Miauw wrote:I think we used to have a death heatmap once, way back in the day. It's probably gone now, though.
Are death stats not being tracked? The queries I posted are based on the SQL in the project repo.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #86963

Incoming wrote:mulligan doesn't really interface with stats yet, traitors seen in wizard modes on the stat page are usually apprentices (because they're unfortunately classed as traitors) and wizards seen in traitor modes are admin spawned.

So over the last 30 days, 14 wizards got adminspawned in traitor, a bunch more in ling, and even more in traitorling?

Dem buttenz mang
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #87143

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Incoming wrote:mulligan doesn't really interface with stats yet, traitors seen in wizard modes on the stat page are usually apprentices (because they're unfortunately classed as traitors) and wizards seen in traitor modes are admin spawned.

So over the last 30 days, 14 wizards got adminspawned in traitor, a bunch more in ling, and even more in traitorling?

Dem buttenz mang
No context, though. Those were probably stalled-out or stalemate rounds.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #87180

I've reached out to MSO re: the death table and have yet to hear back :( :( :(
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #87374

MSO has a lot on his plate at the moment, I'm sure he'll get to you when he can.
私は完璧