How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Re: Dismemberment & Organs

Post by Ricotez » #99094

Bottom post of the previous page:

Razharas wrote:Thats a nice dismemberment implementation attempt you have here
I hope nothing bad will happen to it
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #99212

Razharas wrote:Thats a nice dismemberment implementation attempt you have here
I hope nothing bad will happen to it
Not again Razh!
Come one everybody, shout at him and he'll go away!

Not again Razh!
Not again Razh!
Not again Razh!
私は完璧
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #99216

NOT AGAIN RAZH
NOT AGAIN RAZH
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Fr05tByt3
Byond Username: Fr05tByt3

Post by Fr05tByt3 » #102144

Any updates on this?
Just curious. No rush or anything.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #102215

Sorry, first the cat thing cost me much more time than I anticipated (it should have been a small side project to get my mind off things), and then I got kinda caught up in my end-of-semester work. Fortunately the only thing I have left before this semester is truly over is an essay about template cyber attacks and the deadline is tomorrow.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #102225

Ricotez wrote:Sorry, first the cat thing cost me much more time than I anticipated (it should have been a small side project to get my mind off things), and then I got kinda caught up in my end-of-semester work. Fortunately the only thing I have left before this semester is truly over is an essay about template cyber attacks and the deadline is tomorrow.
For what it's worth, I think you're an awesome coder for even attempting to mess with Dismemberment stuff, and the limbtypes/whatever-it's called system is really cool, even if I dislike the implementation example for the latter.

Just saying.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #102252

Latest merge with the Master branch went off without a hitch. I'm always surprised when that happens, with how fundamental some of the code is I've had to edit I'm always afraid I'll get a merge conflict somewhere down the road. I think it really speaks for Git how well it is able to automatically merge changes even to the same file.
Spoiler:
Krutchen
Byond Username: Krutchen

Post by Krutchen » #119448

tfw no updates in 2 months
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #119449

RICO WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Krutchen

Post by Krutchen » #119450

pls i want 2 b nigel nolimbs ;(((
Krutchen

Post by Krutchen » #119451

also
Ricotez wrote: [*]IN PROGRESS - Update existing surgeries to accomodate the new system (this includes abductor). Add three new surgeries: one to amputate limbs, one to seal up open wounds caused by dismemberment, and one to install new limbs. Existing augmentation surgery will continue to exist.[/list]
limb aug is pretty much installing a robo limb, so shouldn't they need to have the current limb removed for it?
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #119461

ah yes, funny story... I suffered from a terrible depression for a few weeks, then had to put that depression on hold to catch up a huge amount of work for college (working hard is like the only way I can snap out of depressions), and then the new academic year began and I am doing almost two semesters' worth of classes in a single semester

so I have absolutely no idea when I'll be able to finish this, especially considering that the branch grows increasingly desync'd with the master and I'll have to probably resolve a ton of conflicts

I do not want to say "I will pick it up again" because frankly I am not sure I ever will. all I can say for now is "I did not forget about this but right now I really don't have the time"

Krutchen wrote:limb aug is pretty much installing a robo limb, so shouldn't they need to have the current limb removed for it?
Yeah, that is what even the current surgery does, it literally drops the limb item. I actually use those exact items as the physical representation of your limbs in my data structure.
Spoiler:
Krutchen

Post by Krutchen » #119466

could you post what work you have on your repo so that somebody could hopefully pick up where you left off, or at least take a look at it for reference?
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #119470

>another person dies to Dismemberment

Join the club Rico~ there's biscuits and tea~!
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #119490

https://github.com/Ricotez/-tg-station/tree/organsystem

most of my additions are in code/modules/organs

the organsystem data structure is there, including all the helper methods that propagate changes up and down the data tree. I cannot remember if I tested this particular version of the data structure, but I tried to make sure that everything I had already rewritten to use it would still work even after the major rewrite I sent it through

all code related to dismemberment itself is found in dismemberment.dm, but I distinctly remember that it does not work properly yet. nothing gets dismembered even if a weapon has its probability set to 100% and its damage threshold to 0. I have yet to find the bug there.

also I've written documentation in Javadoc style, not because BYOND supports Javadoc but because I am used to it and it's a good way to document what methods do

by the way, there is another branch in there called Dismemberment, but you should ignore it because its vastly outdated. I should delete it anyway.
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #119498

RIP. How did NT have working dismemberment, but now all it does is dismember coders?
What changed to make it so difficult?
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #119502

looking back on it now... I really should...

damn it. I'll look into at least resolving the conflicts when I have time. maybe it's not so bad.

lumipharon wrote:RIP. How did NT have working dismemberment, but now all it does is dismember coders?
the main problem is doing it properly, inserting a robust dismemberment system into all the other systems that never accounted for dismemberment being possible. I desperately tried to make the system as robust as possible right from the ground up, which is why I borrowed Bay's dual datum-object system and converted it into my own data structure.
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #119608

lumipharon wrote:RIP. How did NT have working dismemberment, but now all it does is dismember coders?
Because, and I can say this on two fronts (One as the Dev of NT-Dismemberment and the other as one of the Headcoders of NT), NT's standards were much more lax, and on top of that, in general (not targetting anyone as it's noone specifically) we had less skilled people working on BIG things, so when my then 2nd (3rd?) dismemberment PR got put up on NT, nobody conflicted with it, it was able to survive long enough for one of the other maintainers at the time to merge it, and while it was a *little* bit broken on the first few days, it was cleaned up and it worked.

That's MUCH harder to do on /tg/, since there are lots of people doing big sweeping improvements to large parts of the codebase (or people completely going against the established trend of procs dammit Razharas!!!) so p.much every PR conflicts with atleast 1 other, and the review period tends to drag on and on to the point the PR dies.

tl;dr it was a different time, a simpler time.
私は完璧
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #119621

That's why you petition cheridan to start a feature freeze then use the power of "holy shit they made dismemberment" to get it merged despite the freeze.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #119624

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:That's why you petition cheridan to start a feature freeze then use the power of "holy shit they made dismemberment" to get it merged despite the freeze.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #119627

Pretty sure there was a semi-freeze last time around, do we have dismemberment? we do not.
私は完璧
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #119644

Might be one of those things that needs a freeze specifically for it, and a team of people coding for it, before it'll go anywhere. With multiple people working on it the whole project doesn't just die because real life decides to get in the way.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #120045

As a regular player, I'd be perfectly fine with a temporary feature freeze if it meant dismemberment
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #120158

looking back on the code, one of the things I tried to change is how DNA is stored. it makes sense that every limb stores a copy of your DNA, right?

and that would also mean that limbs can use the DNA to render themselves, at which point you might as well have the human rendering algorithm pass calls to all limbs, and use what image they create to render them (which in turn means that if you sew someone else's limb on and they have a different skin colour, you have one limb with a different skin)

but that causes problems for genetic superpowers. how big a part of your DNA has to have the power for it to manifest? should it be restricted to limbs? for example you can have x-ray vision anywhere you want but only if it's in your eyes you actually can use it

basically the deeper you look into stuff the more complicated it gets and the more you have to change. for the first iteration it's probably best to just ignore the DNA problem altogether and keep storing DNA directly in the mob.
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #120164

>cutting out the eyes of a guy with xray and having them implanted to yourself to steal his power

Oh what might have been
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #120191

xray was too easy of an example. how would TK work?

or *shudder* Hulk? I spent days trying to figure out how to do Hulk with a system like that
Spoiler:
Krutchen

Post by Krutchen » #120238

HULK ARMS ON A REGULAR BODY

NEVER SKIP LEG DAY.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #120239

I figure those ones would be non-transferrable. In fact TK should go with the brain, so if you get moved to a different body you would keep that one.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #120273

the genomes are in the DNA anyway, what's important is in which body parts they should manifest. so my issue is: say your body and legs have hulk, but your arms are someone else's. how does that work? should hulk only check your torso and apply the effect to your entire body if it finds it?

also if the brain is where TK is active, then that would allow for some amusing possibilities like TK brains zooming around the station
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #120279

I'd make it simple and make it your torso that carries the main DNA, since torso replacement surgery seems improbable, and involves removing every limb including the head anyway.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #128194

It's still impossible for me to make any promises at this point - but I am taking another look at my old code and my old design.

One of my main realizations is that I might have been going at this from the wrong direction. Rather than start with a barebones dismemberment system and slowly expand it, I think I should start by adding in details here and there (such as human rendering using icons generated by its limbs, so later down the line those limbs can use that same code to generate their own icons once they're separated) and then later tie them all together in a proper dismemberment system.

I'm also still working on a good way to distinguish between body and mind. In my old system, your chest is the core of your body that everything else is attached to, and snowflake code moves your mind to your head upon decapitation. But there has to be a better way to do this. I'm thinking of having the data structure keep track of a CORE and a MIND organ right from the start (which can be the same organ), and using standardized code to deal with mind movement if the MIND organ is removed from the CORE. But this is still in the design stage.

So yeah. No promises, I am still very busy for uni, but this project is back on my radar.
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #128237

I BELIEVE
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #128247

I kind of used the "bodyparts visually being built on top of a base sprite" trick when I implemented all of those lizard features. I don't know if you could throw some of that into this to make your life easier, but the basic pieces are already there.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #128272

the main reason why I want to move icon generation to the limbs themselves is because it then makes sense to save appearance data and DNA in organs too, so the effect of that is that if you sew a lot of other people's limbs on you look like Frankenstein's fucking monster
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #128277

Ricotez wrote:the main reason why I want to move icon generation to the limbs themselves is because it then makes sense to save appearance data and DNA in organs too, so the effect of that is that if you sew a lot of other people's limbs on you look like Frankenstein's fucking monster
I wonder how many limbs a lizard needs to replace to be considered human.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #128326

DemonFiren wrote:
Ricotez wrote:the main reason why I want to move icon generation to the limbs themselves is because it then makes sense to save appearance data and DNA in organs too, so the effect of that is that if you sew a lot of other people's limbs on you look like Frankenstein's fucking monster
I wonder how many limbs a lizard needs to replace to be considered human.
Lizard doing ghetto surgery in maintenance, capturing and dismembering assistants to make a human suit?
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #128881

Is a lizard a human if they're fully human except for their head
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Asd396
Byond Username: Asd396

Post by Asd396 » #133295

Hey Ricotez, do you mind if I port this over and try to finish it on an other codebase?
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #133302

I strongly recommend that you don't, the data structure is unfinished and a bit of a mess, and the code has fallen horribly behind current revisions. you're better off starting over
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #166018

Dismemberment test PR is up

help with testing is appreciated
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #166073

I'll chop YOU up motherfucker.
Spoiler:
It's april 2nd too ;_;
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #166147

Ricotez wrote:Dismemberment test PR is up

help with testing is appreciated
what the FUCK BRO :x
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #166168

that wasn't even a joke, that was just plain cruel.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #166219

april fools
Spoiler:
Septavius

Post by Septavius » #166450

why you gotta play us like that, man?
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #169721

Dismemberment

Note:This will require a crawling mechanic

What is the core?

The core is a simple hierarchy starting from the body

Body -> Limbs
Head

You can add to every limbs if you'r autistic enough.

Body ->

Head ->
eyes
tongue
mouth
ears

Arms

Crotch ->

Legs
Genital

For the Head - Body situation, if the characters head gets cut off, the head will act like a brain and the body will still be a body.

Every limb will have a 'cut damage' variable that is seperate from the normal damage variable.

Lets say each limb has a threshold of 40 damage. If the damage goes greater than or equal to 40, the limb will be severed.

What happens when the body loses a limb?

Every limb has a 'stub' variable that starts at 1.

If you lose a limb, the game will reduce this variable to 0. If you do have it at 0, you will have a permament damage of 30 brute damage and will be bleeding for each limb.

To increase this 'stub' variable back to 1, you will need to either cauterize it, which will stop the bleeding, set the brute damage to 5, and deal 15 burn damage but lowers, or you will need to perform surgery on it, which will reduce the brute damage to 0 and stop the bleeding.

If you are missing a limb, the game will check which limb you are missing.

For arms, you will drop whatever you are holding in that arm immediately. Afterwards you will be equipped with a cursed 'nothing'.

For legs, if you are missing ONE leg, then you will be 'buckled' to the ground. You can crawl around and such, but you will be moving slower than standard walking.
If are missing BOTH legs, you will be forced to equip a cursed 'nothing' in your leg slot.
You can have a crutch in one arm and will be fine if you are missing the opposite leg.

To make this SS13 like, you can equip TWO crutches and walk/run around without legs.

Or use a wheelchair like the unrobust shitter you are.

The head if decapitated acts like a brain. You can carry it around and the person who controls the head will be forced there. You can still loot the body and such.

EXAMPLE

Lets say Greytyde McTraitor has a double esword and he attacks the Sec Goodman's right arm, which has a taser.

A double esword deals 40 'cut damage' on top of its 36 brute damage.

Sec Goodman loses his right arm, which he drops his taser, and is 'cursed' with 'nothing' in his right arm.

Sec Goodman also only have 15 burn and 5 brute damage overall since his right arm is gone, but the esword cauterized the arm too.

Extras

You can have a crutch in one arm and will be fine if you are missing the opposite leg.

To make this SS13 like, you can equip TWO crutches and walk/run around without legs.

Or use a wheelchair like the unrobust shitter you are.

Heavy guns blasting off limbs

Sharpening stuff increases 'cut damage'

Surgeries

Removal of limbs

Replacement of limbs

Cauterizing 'surgery' (You just use a lighter or a blowtorch on a missing limb, no need for a blanket)

Mending of an artery

Problems

the problem with the decapitation is that you'd have to do some complicated shit with the clothes or re-sprite every clothes to separate parts of the clothes. A simple jump suit would have 5 seperate sprites just to wear.

Most likely it's going to be a buggy mess with the first two months or so of testing

Not all of this is my idea. I just cobbled a bunch of shit together from this thread.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #169799

er what
Spoiler:
yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #170106

Ricotez wrote:er what
It's to give the coders something to follow because I'm bored at work.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #170263

why did you post it in my thread though
Spoiler:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #170279

just a prank bro
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #170387

Ricotez wrote:why did you post it in my thread though
Unless you want to make a whole new thread on this.

Also you even said that if someone wants to take over they should write their own
:honk:
NSFW:
Spoiler:
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access