Changing Maps on a VPS

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
vladthemad
Byond Username: VladtheMad

Changing Maps on a VPS

Post by vladthemad » #145055

Greetings, hopefully this is the right place to ask this question. I've been monkeying around a bit with a /tg/ server on my linux vps. Everything compiles fine, I'm able to run it and get in, but I can't seem to find any information on how to change the map to one of the other stations while running via a linux command line server. I assume I just need to edit one of the map cfg files, but I thought I'd join up and ask here before I started randomly digging through files. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: Changing Maps on a VPS

Post by MrStonedOne » #145070

to change you have to edit the dme file and change what map file is selected, and re-compile.

I have some windows based bat files to let you do map rotation and map changes for the next round and shit, in tools/tgstation-server but they won't be too much help for somebody on linux.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
vladthemad
Byond Username: VladtheMad

Re: Changing Maps on a VPS

Post by vladthemad » #145197

Thanks for the heads up, found it right away once I opened the dme! I saw your post about map rotation while trying to find the information I was looking for. Sounded great, but as you noted not much use for what I'm playing around with...at least not yet. :) Thanks again for the help!