SS13: The Wrath of Nar-Sie.[WIP]

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
kazeespada
Byond Username: Kaze Espada

SS13: The Wrath of Nar-Sie.[WIP]

Post by kazeespada » #152142

To long have we struggled in the darkness. To long we spent yearning to learn the power our dark god can give us. Now, no longer do we seek out mortals for our ranks. We are the few, we are the elite. We are the six chosen to bring forth Nar-Sie into this world!

SS13: The Wrath of Nar-Sie
AKA The cult spell change.

Goal:
To cult better at being a magical team antag, and give them more chances to win without resorting to white ship cheese.

Primary Change:
The closer the cult is to winning, the stronger they get. The reason for this is that as Nar-Sie gets closer to breaching into the dimension, Nar-Sie rewards its followers by granting them more and more power.
What this means for gameplay is:
The more orbs Nar-Sie's shell has in it, Cultists get access to stronger runes and spells. Those spells get stronger as the countdown to Nar's arrival into the universe gets closer to 0.

The spells:
Manifest ghost is being removed. It currently does nothing.
Instead cultists will get:
Bind Soul: A cultist binds the soul of a ghost to himself, allowing him to manifest that soul as a guardian.
Bind Self: The cultist binds his soul to a blood rune, allowing him to return to life after death at the location of the blood rune. Destruction of the blood rune through any method destroys the cultist.

Minor fluff change:
Due to the Cult of Nar-Sie despising the Wizards federation as magic wielding assholes. Saccing a wizard will give extra summoning orbs. This won't apply on other Z-levels(no saccing the wizard teacher over and over).

The nerfs:
Cult can't build a base on the white ship.
Wizards will lose constructs.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: SS13: The Wrath of Nar-Sie.[WIP]

Post by ShadowDimentio » #152149

kazeespada wrote:Wizards will lose constructs.
Why.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #152172

Yeah if you're removing wizard constructs get out.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #152177

Wizard in general needs pruning

it suffers from the sixth law of tgstation development

law 6) wizard will eventually acquire a means of spawning, utilising or otherwise gain access to every single area of the game.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #152205

oranges wrote:Wizard in general needs pruning

it suffers from the sixth law of tgstation development

law 6) wizard will eventually acquire a means of spawning, utilising or otherwise gain access to every single area of the game.
Constructs were originally a wizard item, newfriend
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #152207

Just because X can have Y does not mean it needs to have it.

Wizard does need item pruning as it's got a lot of sub-optimal spells that it only haves because "I learned to code so I'll make something random for the Wizard".

---

The problem with going with a "elite" Cult is the average player is bad, hell I'm bad at Cult. However we already have our team antag fix with Rev so I would not be against this...
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #152230

kazeespada wrote: Goal:
To cult better at being a magical team antag, and give them more chances to win without resorting to white ship cheese.
Remove security and assistant maint then so there are actually places on station that you can hide iwithout 30 people stumbling into your base
Primary Change:
The closer the cult is to winning, the stronger they get.
Snowballing antags are dumb, snowballing stealth antags are even worse. It actively punishes people for not metagaming and hunting down the badguys before they can do anything.
Bind Soul: A cultist binds the soul of a ghost to himself, allowing him to manifest that soul as a guardian.
Bind Self: The cultist binds his soul to a blood rune, allowing him to return to life after death at the location of the blood rune. Destruction of the blood rune through any method destroys the cultist.
Liches with stands sounds odd, but maybe.
kazeespada

Post by kazeespada » #152246

Wizards lose constructs in favor of necromantic stones and possible necromancy ideas in the future.
kazeespada

Post by kazeespada » #152247

Kor wrote:
Primary Change:
The closer the cult is to winning, the stronger they get.
Snowballing antags are dumb, snowballing stealth antags are even worse. It actively punishes people for not metagaming and hunting down the badguys before they can do anything.
Hmmm, so would it be better to front load them?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #152253

YES jesus christ YES

Cult is already fucking snowball central, they can spawn CONSTRUCT ARMIES. But do they? NO because their early game is ASS and they can get wiped by one flashbang and some batoning
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #152287

Is it really "lets radically alter cult to try and make people like at the expense of the few people who enjoyed the current version" time again already?
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
kazeespada

Post by kazeespada » #152305

Incoming wrote:Is it really "lets radically alter cult to try and make people like at the expense of the few people who enjoyed the current version" time again already?
Im sure you just love sitting around in maint waiting to ghetto baton people and then soul stone them.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #152334

Revert to old cult and then fix the few problems it had. One person screaming about stun papers resulted in just a horrible game mode that is completely different from the original
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #152339

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Revert to old cult and then fix the few problems it had. One person screaming about stun papers resulted in just a horrible game mode that is completely different from the original
this please
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #152342

Do you guys play sec? If you played sec even a few times in the reign of oldcult you'd know why it was cancer. If you stayed, you got quietly ggnore'd somewhere in maint, drug off, and killed. If you called the shuttle, you made everyone mad because of the short round.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #152358

Zilenan91 wrote:Do you guys play sec? If you played sec even a few times in the reign of oldcult you'd know why it was cancer. If you stayed, you got quietly ggnore'd somewhere in maint, drug off, and killed. If you called the shuttle, you made everyone mad because of the short round.
muh balance! if i cant have fun as a sec officer then the rest of the crew doesnt deserve fun either! remove cult! balance > fun! remove fun, give balance! reeeeee!

at least it was more fun than the shit that we have now
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #152360

There's a difference between not fun and being completely anti-fun. Oldcult was anti-fun for sec, to the point where if it was ever confirmed many officers would just flt out kill themselves.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #152381

Zilenan91 wrote:There's a difference between not fun and being completely anti-fun. Oldcult was anti-fun for sec, to the point where if it was ever confirmed many officers would just flt out kill themselves.
hella fun for the rest of the crew though, which i'd argue outweighs the saltiness of a select few security officers
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #152386

Or we could just stick with current cult which is mostly fun for everyone and doesn't make sec want to kill themselves irl
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #152405

Zilenan91 wrote:Or we could just stick with current cult which is mostly fun for everyone
Do we exist on the same dimension because this is straight up not true
Spoiler:
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #152429

I play sec regularly and old cult was easy to deal with since I don't make a habit of letting people hug me with papers in their hands.

The only real complaint I have about old cult is that stunpapers weren't obvious enough, and water conversions were horrible and it was more efficient just to cull cultists.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #152515

That too yeah, it was either killing EVERYONE even worse than rev or somehow holding that many people in the brig while they stutter for like 5 minutes.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote: