tgstation mod

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
dottonecioni
Byond Username: Dottonecioni

tgstation mod

Post by dottonecioni » #179040

Hello.
I would like to modify the tgstation code to make a Steven Universe mod.I have read the guides that are on the wiki and some byond guides.I have downloaded the tgstation source code form github,and i would like to know,where are the procs that control what happens when a player logs in?I'd like to add a few races.Where do i find the files taht controls the races and their sprites?Thank you.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Re: tgstation mod

Post by MMMiracles » #179059

I too are a stiven universe fan and would like help make mod with the amemethesis and krystal fox.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #179060

Cantwakeup.jpg
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #179106

code/modules/mob/living/carbon/human/species_types.dm is where you define new species

icons/mob/human.dmi is where the icons are for simple things like golems or skeletons
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #179109

dottonecioni wrote:Hello.
I would like to modify the tgstation code to make a Steven Universe mod.I have read the guides that are on the wiki and some byond guides.I have downloaded the tgstation source code form github,and i would like to know,where are the procs that control what happens when a player logs in?I'd like to add a few races.Where do i find the files taht controls the races and their sprites?Thank you.
Hop on irc.rizon.net channel #coderbus sometime tonight and I'll walk you through finding this stuff if Kor wasn't specific enough
dottonecioni

Post by dottonecioni » #179132

I love you guys.Kor,goofball,thank you.Nice memes MMMiracles and Wyzack.Also,what do you mean with "tonight"?Cause we probably live in different time zones.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #179138

Don't mean to poke fun, you clearly have the drive to code something you want for this game which puts you above most of the whiney shitposters, myself included. Good luck and godspeed
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #179223

this is a cute thread
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #179269

hey man at least it's not another vore mod, more power to you
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
The Ultimate Chimera
Byond Username: The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #179422

What even is Steven Universe?
Your sins are not to be forgiven. Pain and regrets are waiting for you.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #179580

The Ultimate Chimera wrote:What even is Steven Universe?

+

MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
dottonecioni

Post by dottonecioni » #179657

Well this got out of hand quickly
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #179658

This proves tg is still worth playing.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #179885

this can't be real
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.