Colonial Marines Code Leak

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Re: Colonial Marines Code Leak

Post by Davidchan » #202322

Bottom post of the previous page:

I really hope that DMCA gets reversed, the amount of screaming CM is doing over this when they are the ones who stole the code in the first place is nothing short of astounding. If you want to be a closed sourced SS13 then you should start from the ground up and not use code from other sources.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #202358

We need a highlight reel of it, someone get to work
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #202368

How about stealing the blinking red sprite when you take damage?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #202386

holy fuck mso is a god
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #202463

Apparently we now have direct evidence that content was taken from tg's possession.
The anti-DMCA should be successful since they cannot claim content for MSO stating he has partial copyright all the same.

The free world is a mad world. - Some dick.
banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #202528

They are telling me that i can't counter unless its my repo, so i'll host a new one and publicize it.

edit: https://github.com/ColonialMarines-Mirror

Now CM will have to DMCA me, and if they do, i can actually respond.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #202544

Anyone tell you how damn based you are MSO?

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #202550

Can we run it on server 3 so i can see all their supposed coveted features?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #202552

Wyzack wrote:Can we run it on server 3 so we can rub salt into the wound?
fixed
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #202555

Yes also that. It is funny because now they must know you plan a counter DMCA and they know they cannot do dick about it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #202556

what a fantastic idea.
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #202571

Davidchan wrote:I really hope that DMCA gets reversed, the amount of screaming CM is doing over this when they are the ones who stole the code in the first place is nothing short of astounding. If you want to be a closed sourced SS13 then you should start from the ground up and not use code from other sources.
Read the thread big man, MSO already set up his own.
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #202702

Alipheese wrote:Anyone tell you how damn based you are MSO?
DemonFiren wrote:When was the last time anyone wrote "based MSO"?
Way ahead of you fampai.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #202744

Ok heres the lowdown of what i know about the leaked OSE CM server.

Been playing on the new CM:OSE server and its pretty alright. Was considering applying for administration so I could whip them into shape but ill leave that on the cards for now until its position is more clear with lawsuits etc so im not infringed or caught in anything. The CM format with low-pop means that people do get bored with the long continuous rounds that are never force-ended and usually the outcasts of CM shore up meaning plenty of griefing and shitters (which is a two sided blade)

Other modes besides the normal CM mode are popular on the server though CM default is the regular (its a older model of CM as i've recently observed from recently playtime on the CM regular server, probably just a month behind or so in development). Everyone seems pretty chill anyway and the admins are humorous in how they approach things without being dickish, likable almost.

This byond hub for the OSE has the statistics, as you can see its pretty empty during the GMT when the host is not awake and its not on a server. Yes they have been discussing fixing it up and their forums already is accruing suggestions, a russian group approached them asking about making their own exlusively russian branch of CM (no more data on how that happened or is developing, apprently a github is in the works).

The biggest issue is that its literally a backyard operation, therefore the server only runs on the host's PC and the admins dont take the responsibility of the server or the forums seriously (site is literally called 'dankassmemes'), I myself had to actually create a forum post detailing where the ACTUAL BYOND LINK to their OWN SERVER is on the site (which naturally got stickied by the local admin) the time difference between detroit (where its hosted) and the GMT in europe and other time zones means that the server is often off in the GMT morning and picks up in the afternoon.

For impartiality's sake i've put links inside this spoiler. What you do and where you choose to play is your own decision, the above content is my observation and opinion.

Spoiler:
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #203145

wat
who cares about this
it's just baycode with some extra shit built for TDM
if you don't want the sprites then what good is any of it
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #203151

danno wrote:wat
who cares about this
tbh if they'd opensourced it in the first place then nobody would give a shit in all likelihood.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #203155

Yeah I just want to run it on serb 3 to witness the assmad
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #203182

Im seeing lots of identical cases of disspleased admins across midlevel servers. Recently as some of you in /TG may recall, i visited the 'absolution' server (a warhammer 40k themed gig) that is running on ANCIENT stolen TG code. All the admins there which make up 50% of the players in triamins etc are all extremely unhappy. They are ripe to leak or gripe at their developers to release the code into open source so people can poke at it.

For impartiality i have entailed a review of the absolution server within the spoiler below.
Spoiler:
Absolution server critique

A well fleshed out (yet buggy) game server with lots of unique mechanics and rightly applied warhammer 40k lore verging on the edge of being obstructive, it is obvious that the station is DIRECTLY based on metastation with only a small amount of changes (such as space replaced with snowy ground etc, and some bigger changes like room layouts changed but essentially the station plan is the same) some jobs are retained the same, while others take up EXTREMELY lore centric names that can be confusing.

Mechanically its great and very similar to current TG SS13 with some 40k object additions however the spriting is DIRE, it is argueably the ugliest server i have come across to date, the antags however are pretty predictable (xeno tyranids, cultists, 'traitors' etc) but there are some stand out ones (orks particularly) but are often unbalanced and the administration doesn't handle antags very well (given the 'wizard' mode firing in the near constant status quo of lowpop), the administration as i have mentioned before are dissentive and dont handle anything well.

6/10 playable but requires improvement and would run better with a larger active community rather than the dying one it has.
2016 is the year of the great copyright-rupture in which dissent will leak servers across the land

Spoiler:
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #203184

Screemonster wrote:
who cares about this
tbh if they'd opensourced it in the first place then nobody would give a shit in all likelihood.
this is hilariously true
no one would give a SHIT
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #203185

danno wrote:
Screemonster wrote:
who cares about this
this is hilariously true
no one would give a SHIT
Selfquoting your own point.

Nah i disagree, OSE helped increase the popularity of marines IMMENSELY, even just from the negative media coverage of it being leaked. If other serverbases got their stuff nicked everything would even out and it'd be a WIN-WIN.

Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #203283

it looks ugly as fuck.
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #203336

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
danno wrote:this is hilariously true
no one would give a SHIT
"I can't agree with myself because people are gonna make fun of me"
Fuck off, Fwoosh.
The most likely thing happening is coderbus or github trying to improve the incredible flaws like "Numpad 5 to Z Level" or just letting it rot on server 3 for a temporary time.

Since the privatizers of the code insist that they haven't stolen anything and would go as far as to put up a DMCA when evidence has already been provided that the like has actually occurred, that's what brings so much entertainment value out of this.
It's more or less the equal of a child saying they didn't trace the poor unshapely Naruto picture they put on DeviantArt because they colored it alternatively.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #203354

A3STH3T1CS wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:
danno wrote:this is hilariously true
no one would give a SHIT
"I can't agree with myself because people are gonna make fun of me"
Fuck off, Fwoosh.
The most likely thing happening is coderbus or github trying to improve the incredible flaws like "Numpad 5 to Z Level" or just letting it rot on server 3 for a temporary time.

Since the privatizers of the code insist that they haven't stolen anything and would go as far as to put up a DMCA when evidence has already been provided that the like has actually occurred, that's what brings so much entertainment value out of this.
It's more or less the equal of a child saying they didn't trace the poor unshapely Naruto picture they put on DeviantArt because they colored it alternatively.
Ok, calm down social justice warrior, we're all friends here, im sure danno's skin is thick enough to take the punishment of a normie nobody pointing out things on the internet.

That server i mentioned a little while ago the 'absolution' 40k one. It runs off TG code but until it leaks from its closed code, we wont know whether it applies our brand of ban evasion or not. We could nab two servers and force them to go open code at once. Its quite old so whether we could file a valid claim and split that one open too is up on the cards given they may have accidentally/deliberately stolen our predecessor tech or whatever else claim.

It'd be interesting to spill its guts and update the sprites of it, not to mention some of its unique code.

Topple all the closed code servers!

Spoiler:
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #203546

>topple all closed servers
Including lifeweb? Because im pretty sure the only way to get the code is to do a raid on randy's house and im pretty sure faggots who play ss13 wont do that
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #203551

TheColdTurtle wrote:>topple all closed servers
Including lifeweb? Because im pretty sure the only way to get the code is to do a raid on randy's house and im pretty sure faggots who play ss13 wont do that
Well we could always crowdfund a PMC to do it for us. (in hindsight dont do that because that would be highly unethical & illegal)

Mmm, lots of server devs keep their code very close to their chest. What are they hiding?
Last edited by FantasticFwoosh on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Spoiler:
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #203552

Frankly Archangel or what ever the 40k server goes by these days is the only code I wanna look at, and mostly so I can expunge the cheap ass Eldar from it.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #203553

Davidchan wrote:Frankly Archangel or what ever the 40k server goes by these days is the only code I wanna look at, and mostly so I can expunge the cheap ass Eldar from it.
As a /tg mole, i can tell you they are literally wizards with noclip leaping. Not that special.

Spoiler:
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #203743

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
A3STH3T1CS wrote: Fuck off, Fwoosh.
Ok, calm down social justice warrior
kys my dude. you wanna insult me, you need to at least do it in relevancy to that of which can be taken as one relating to the topic that I'm calling you out on.
also i mainly thought you were making a hypocritical point from your implied meme arrows.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #203766

A3STH3T1CS wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:
A3STH3T1CS wrote: Fuck off, Fwoosh.
Ok, calm down social justice warrior
kys my dude. you wanna insult me, you need to at least do it in relevancy to that of which can be taken as one relating to the topic that I'm calling you out on.
also i mainly thought you were making a hypocritical point from your implied meme arrows.
Literally starting on me and derailing the thread for no reason.
Spoiler:
Funnily enough, nobody seems to care about CM now that fallout thing has gone up, its been brushed quietly to the sidelines which is suprising.

Spoiler:
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #203771

ah well you know it was just a TDM drafted into a triggerfest with the original hosts
then again Fallout could be a flavor of the month and fizzle out

these things we don't know yet and just have to accept the possibility of, but the idea of /tg/station expanding is very exciting and opens up incredible opportunities for the community.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #205934

Fallout actually has potential. Too bad the populated server has shit admins who spawn gear for themselves then threaten to ban you when you dunk them and take their shit as a raider. They also have friends who just RDM as non-raider roles and get free passes.

CM is a whole other tale of admin shittery. Everything bad you hear people say about CM admins is true.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #206150

DrPillzRedux wrote:Fallout actually has potential. Too bad the populated server has shit admins who spawn gear for themselves then threaten to ban you when you dunk them and take their shit as a raider. They also have friends who just RDM as non-raider roles and get free passes.
they do events WAY to fucking often, to the point where I think these """events""" are just a thin facade of "I'm going to give myself gear and fuck around with people"