A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Re: Colonial Marines Code Leak

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #200351

Bottom post of the previous page:

subtle
banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #200374

WJohnston wrote:From what I briefly looked over, I couldn't see any of the newer xeno sprites in the mob files. Unless these were stored somewhere else this might actually just be a much older copy of the code.

In any case I'm firmly against using any of their xeno sprites, I've bitched long enough about how I'm not okay with them using my sprites and it'd be absolutely horrible to take theirs in return.

Besides I like my sprites better.

But I'd like to check theirs out.

For comparison reasons.

Honest.
They're in there, you probably looked at MASTER and not DEV, their sprites are in a rar file where icons normally are.
私は完璧
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #200378

I actually do prefer WJohnson's xeno assets much more, while CM's mostly just clash with the entire game and don't even look that good, so... =D
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #200517

Well from what I've seen there's a large number of things to say about the xeno sprites.

The art quality is good, but is not at all designed for ss13. Here's why:

1. They do not follow the flat-in-front perspective mob rule correctly.
Many, if not all of their sprites, do not properly obey this rule. The front/back sprites are not aligned with eachother, sometimes by pretty wide margins. Arms that are pointing down in the front sprite may be pointing up in the back sprite, and neither of these are at all aligned with the side sprites which are shaped completely differently (leg and arm position, stance etc).

2. They don't actually fit in with the style of the rest of ss13, or what little style there is.
The current xeno and human sprites are pretty cartoony/shitty, as is most of the rest of ss13. The xenos they've made here however fit a very different game. I'm not sure if the fault lies with the sprites or ss13 itself, but the two just have completely different styles and personalities, and they clash.

3. Minor and not-so-minor gripes and nitpicks on many individual sprites.
So I'm just gonna rant here on many, many different sprites and point out errors, either on their own or because of rule #1 that came back to bite them in the ass.

-The queen's legs are supposed to have little spikes on the end of their heels, and the front sprites illustrate this, but the side sprites do not. The queen's back sprite legs are very odd, it's like it's a very big ass but it's also not and it really doesn't properly show the digitigrade nature of her legs.
-Hunters are the only ones with dorsal tubes in these sprites, yet they are only really noticeable in the sleeping sprite. Maybe it's because of how dark most of these sprites are with an almost comic-book style of "black for any kind of shading" but I can't see them on their front, back, or side sprites much at all. It's kind of too busy.
-Runner sleeping sprites are either too big or queens/praetorians are too small when sleeping, because they're almost the same size despite queens being 3x bigger.
-Praetorians and queens are the same exact size, even if praetorians are supposed to be a lot smaller (but still bigger than the average xeno).
-All xenos have milky beige blood for some reason, yet in almost every known illustration it's yellow/brown/green. This is too bright.
-The highlights themselves on many, many of the xenos are beige instead of a very light blue or off-white grey, which kinda clashes with all the blues/blacks they have. I get they're shiny but not THAT shiny.
-The larvae have their tails sort of hanging around in the air, and I get that in Alien the larva did this when rushing through the table in that one scene, but it just sort of looks odd. Might be a case of rule #1 where it's supposed to be on the ground but because of how I currently view things flat-in-font it's not.
-1x1 xenos have a bizzare pose, their arms are forward but their back is straight while their legs are very long and spread out. It does not come off as terribly aggressive. Furthermore, this also means that they are not at all aligned with human inhands (not a necessary requirement, but a thing of note, and something I resolved when doing a major cleanup/resprite of xenos here).

4. Good things I really like and are very well done.
-Larvas, despite their weird tail, are actually very nice looking. I like the mouth and shape of the head and there are good details on the skin.
-Eggs are top notch, great work.
-I can't say anything on resin floors because they seem to have many variations, but from what I've seen it looks nice.
-Overall good color palette, nice noticeable contrast between colors.
-Queen front sprite looks very nice, very imposing and fits the wide-hips-and-leg-stance style of Aliens. Accuracy to the films there is nice (but I don't personally like that leg stance in the movies, may just be a limit of the technology used in the film).
Apparently I was an director or something.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #200529

Come on wj, you're not even going to go on how their purple sacs that spread resin look LITERALLY like a penis?
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #200546

Davidchan wrote:Come on wj, you're not even going to go on how their purple sacs that spread resin look LITERALLY like a penis?
I'd hope so given Geiger.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
The Ultimate Chimera
Byond Username: The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #200577

CM stole a lot of stuff from other codebases.
Your sins are not to be forgiven. Pain and regrets are waiting for you.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #200579

The Ultimate Chimera wrote:CM stole a lot of stuff everything from other codebases.
FTFY
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #200584

They plan on sending a C&D to anyone who uses stuff from the leak.

What if Fox sent them one?
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #200616

the worst codebase in space station 13, with the worst admins and the worst rules. literally the server that people raid for keks because of how dumb it is
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #200617

DrPillzRedux wrote:They plan on sending a C&D to anyone who uses stuff from the leak.

Given that they don't have the power to back it up with a lawsuit, it's doubtful that a C&D would do anything.

Maybe I'll set up a colonial marines server just to make their host cry.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #200619

Skorvold wrote:the worst codebase in space station 13, with the worst admins and the worst rules. literally the server that people raid for keks because of how dumb it is
Clearly player counts are proof otherwise, right? Cause if there are many people on a server, it automatically means it's good, right?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200622

Please do Dryn, the colossal assblast would be worth it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #200625

DrPillzRedux wrote:They plan on sending a C&D to anyone who uses stuff from the leak.

Source please, that's hilarious.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #200633

The Ultimate Chimera wrote:CM stole a lot of stuff from other codebases.

Can anybody find me stuff they stole, like the actual code and a link to the code on the stolen from repo, preferably anything taken in the last year and a half.

if they took it from an agpl codebase the codebase they took it from would have cause to sue them to get them to open source their code.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #200641

Kor wrote:Source please, that's hilarious.
It was in the shoutbox with admins circlejerking, gone now.
Sligneris wrote:
Skorvold wrote:the worst codebase in space station 13, with the worst admins and the worst rules. literally the server that people raid for keks because of how dumb it is
Clearly player counts are proof otherwise, right? Cause if there are many people on a server, it automatically means it's good, right?
Well I mean it is fun for me, but some of the rules are dumb and the admins do whatever they want.

Like last night, the Commander was RPing as a Hitler knockoff. Marines had to do a full retreat back to the ship but he refused to listen, launched the dropship back up way early, leaving marines stranded down there for 8+ minutes. Lost over half the men that were retreating because of him. So me and other marines break into the bridge and I get told I'm looking at a ban for not following mutiny rules (I didn't adminhelp why, or have 5 other marines do that as well).

Eventually over a dozen people ahelped and they were forced to let us stuff Hitler commander into a locker.

a correct post by pillz
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #200755

There's a rumor around that they're paying a license fee to Fox in order to use Alien IP. Any way to confirm that?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #200756

I highly doubt they can afford the likely fucking gargantuan fee required to license a popular franchise such as Aliens, there is no fucking way.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #200761

There is absolutely no way Fox would license the franchise to a third party when a 5th alien movie is in the works. Plus the fee would easily be 5 digits. Basically people are spreading shit and 'din du nuffin' camp at CM is trying not to look like hypocrits for calling people out for stealing or misappropriating code.
The Ultimate Chimera
Byond Username: The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #200768

MrStonedOne wrote:

Can anybody find me stuff they stole, like the actual code and a link to the code on the stolen from repo, preferably anything taken in the last year and a half.

if they took it from an agpl codebase the codebase they took it from would have cause to sue them to get them to open source their code.
Not good with looking through code and comparing it, but I know for a fact they have stolen from bay, tg, unbound travels and some others.
Your sins are not to be forgiven. Pain and regrets are waiting for you.
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #200773

The Ultimate Chimera wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:

Not good with looking through code and comparing it, but I know for a fact they have stolen from bay, tg, unbound travels and some others.
you say that but what have they stolen. otherwise it's just rumors without keywords to look shit up with
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #200793

Just more reason to run your code open source. I believe in honest secrets with coding but there's better ways to do that (serverside) than fucking making your whole codebase closed source. What goes around comes around. This should be a lesson the rest of the downstreams.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Isratosh
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Isratosh

Post by Isratosh » #200827

Feedback
Bartholomew Martins
Spoiler:
conrad wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:22 pm Image
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #200967

That must of been the reason.

They wanted to remain a special snowflake and keep all the users in one server.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #200974

I just want to point out that even they admit they can't code well.

For example, if you empty a revolver, you have to clear the last round out of the chamber. Except revolvers use a cylinder, not like a semiauto where one bullet goes in the slide.

a correct post by pillz
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #200990

I think you mean they are too busy trying to code in their third faction whitelist only totally not adminbus predator faction to be bothered to fix actual bugs and balance issues.
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #201107

Their predator sprites are noice tho.
. /|
. / |
. / |
. | [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
. \ |
. \ |
. \|
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #201133

MrEousTranger wrote:Their predator sprites are noice tho.
. /|
. / |
. / |
. | [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
. \ |
. \ |
. \|
we're not using the snowflake adminbus predators
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #201150

I went to go poop on the CM server a while ago and just tried to get back on

"Banned, Reason: Shitlord"

Isn't that like, a triggered tumblr word or something.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #201161

Turns out, even the loophole they used was completely invalid. Hilariously enough, they deleted the link to that comment when I linked to it in their chatbox.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #201162

Sligneris wrote:Turns out, even the loophole they used was completely invalid. Hilariously enough, they deleted the link to that comment when I linked to it in their chatbox.
Not surprising given that the CM people suddenly stop responding when you ask "well what about the Alien IP" after they've given their big "it's legally and ethically okay because it was a loophole!" defense.
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #201170

posting images in case people don't care to go on leddit

"HELP"
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #201181

I'm not sure if that is the next level of autism or the next level of shitbaggery, but damn what a faggot.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #201184

DemonFiren wrote:I'm not sure if that is the next level of autism or the next level of shitbaggery, but damn what a faggot.
To keep in line with lore, the third image is from him being upgraded to trialmin and spawning 300 spiders in the clone server after the leak.
Hence the backdoor comment where he allegedly gives himself admin to grief the clone server.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #201531

I prefer their dumbed down bay medical system. If you get fucked up enough you need surgery instead of meds. Surgery is then, as a doc, treating exterior wounds quickly with a shot or pill quickly to maximize health, then doing surgery to fix bones/pull fragments/etc. Not too time consuming and punishes you for getting hurt so bad.

a correct post by pillz
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #201574

DrPillzRedux wrote:I prefer their dumbed down bay medical system. If you get fucked up enough you need surgery instead of meds. Surgery is then, as a doc, treating exterior wounds quickly with a shot or pill quickly to maximize health, then doing surgery to fix bones/pull fragments/etc. Not too time consuming and punishes you for getting hurt so bad.
I do love their medical system, yeah. I remember the first time i tried it, I didn't wear gloves or wash my hands between patients so I was slowly murdering everyone in medical with the cheese touch.
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #201671

Exactly how is a complex-ass medical system literally designed to be slow and punish combat (in favor of actual roleplay like bay which doesn't HAVE much combat) in a GOD DAMNED PERPETUAL PVP MODE a good design decision?

Like the cognitive and design dissonance here is stunning. I don't know how they're doing so well. There are many more things like this I could point out and I don't even play on there.
Apparently I was an director or something.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #201678

It's not slow. All I do is hypospray with a med, do the surgery. Takes me 3 minutes for the most complex one max. People just way overcomplicate it like thinking they need to wash hands when you just give them an antibiotic pill in advance.

a correct post by pillz
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #202153

Repositories with the leaked code got taken down. DMCA takedown.

This level of hypocrisy is actually kind of funny.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #202157

A dmca is worthless unless it is backed in court, and no court would seriously entertain the case of a game built on stolen Fox ip being plagerised
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #202169

I meant this. They need GitHub alone to acknowledge it.
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #202170

The downloads are already done. New hosts are (allegedly) improving code, there's not much they can do now.
Is it entirely logical to continue working on a private project even if the source you obtained it from is publicly available now?
What exactly is the gray line here?
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #202253

Just submitted a counter notice:
I have read and understand GitHub's Guide to Filing a DMCA Counter Notice. I am filing a DMCA Counter Notice to work removed at the following URLs:

https://github.com/ColonialMarinesRelea ... HA-DevTest
https://github.com/ColonialMarinesRelea ... PHA-master
Original DMCA:
https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/mas ... Marines.md

I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled. It is my belief that the person(s) transmitting the material in question at the internet locations in question has a license to transmit that material. I should also note that I am not the user in question, but I have a good faith belief that I am a stakeholder and partial copyright owner of the copyrighted worked as it contains contributions made by me to the material in question, and such, have standing to submit this counter notice.

The material in question is a fork of GPL licensed work released under license located at: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... -GPLv3.txt and under Section 5 Subsection(c), it clearly states: "You must license the entire work, as a whole, under this License to anyone who comes into possession of a copy. This License will therefore apply, along with any applicable section 7 additional terms, to the whole of the work, and all its parts, regardless of how they are packaged."

The use of the phrase "anyone who comes into possession of a copy" is key, even if the matter in which this user came into possession of the copy is under question, the terms of the license are clear, and this '~0xCSRF' user, has a license to distribute the work in question.

I consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which my address is located (if in the United States, otherwise the Northern District of California where GitHub is located), and I will accept service of process from the person who provided the DMCA notification or an agent of such person.

Signed:
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #202257

When was the last time anyone wrote "based MSO"?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #202260

The hero ss13 deserves, but maybe not the one it needs.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #202268

Did you type that shit all out on your own mso?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #202278

The way it looks I'm pretty sure it's a form.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #202280

Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #202309

MSO holy shit man, fucking throwing down. Colon mareen babbies blown the fuck out
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #202322

I really hope that DMCA gets reversed, the amount of screaming CM is doing over this when they are the ones who stole the code in the first place is nothing short of astounding. If you want to be a closed sourced SS13 then you should start from the ground up and not use code from other sources.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #202358

We need a highlight reel of it, someone get to work
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz