Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Shadowflame909

Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Changing the Rotation

Postby Shadowflame909 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:44 am #477871

Any plans to touch this?

If not, would you be willing to? Or do you think its fine the way it is?

Not limited to removing and adding modes, you could change the percentage that a mode appears. Like raising extended or lowering revs, for example.
ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.

Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.

BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909

Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

subject217
Github User

Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: Changing the Rotation

Postby subject217 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:31 am #477895

To clarify, I believe you mean changing the current antag rotation. This is something that was tinkered with a lot during Citrus/Rustled's term and it's mostly been untouched for the past term.

I'd like to run polling explicitly on how much people enjoy Blood Brothers. It's an antagonist that I know a lot of people have just turned off, so I'd like to run a poll to see if it should remain in the game, and make a decision based on that. Otherwise, I think Wizard is a bit too common during low-er pop, around 30 ish people. It's a very memey OOC game mode that has a very different pace compared to how Traitor usually goes, very centered on a single person oftentimes to the great expense of basically everyone else in the round.
Last edited by subject217 on Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
thankfully former admin
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20553

iamgoofball
Github User

Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:49 am #477908

The mode rotations will be reset back to the Codebase Standard, as this is a game balance feature and therefore should be left to the actual fucking game designers.

MortoSasye
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: MortoSasye

Postby MortoSasye » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:00 am #477919

If the player base likes more a gamemode than others, i will run a general vote to get feedback and change the percentages according to the results.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
Give sweet feedback here or go ''admin man bad'', pick your poison: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20661&view=unread#unread
NSFW:

RogueSteampunker

Byond Username: RogueSteampunker

Postby RogueSteampunker » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:08 am #477923

Any plans to touch this?

I have no immediate plans to.

If not, would you be willing to? Or do you think its fine the way it is?

I personally think we're fine at the moment, more or less needing to touch up the mode we have rather than switch em about. However, if enough players to to request we do, it would be considered seriously.

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Arianya

Postby Arianya » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:25 am #477938

iamgoofball wrote:The mode rotations will be reset back to the Codebase Standard, as this is a game balance feature and therefore should be left to the actual fucking game designers.

Which game designers are you referring to? Because so far as I'm aware there's no design lead in the maintainer team anymore, and the closest thing in terms of power are the headcoders, cyberboss and oranges, both of whom are unelected and unaccountable to the democracy you claim to hold dear.

Are you saying that if, for example, the headcoders opted to set the rotation to 99% extended and 1% traitor, you would do nothing, especially given that you are banned from the github site and so wouldn't even be able to open a (extremely doomed and short lived) PR to change this?
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

Darkgenerallord
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

Postby Darkgenerallord » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:39 am #477951

I plan to completely annihilate changeling from the rotation, because it's a formerly bad antagonist that was slightly improved, and then powercreeped back to being incredibly unfun to play against. Changeling hasn't been truly fixed in the years since, so the only solution is to remove it until that day.

Hulkamania
In-Game Head Admin

Byond Username: Hulkamania

Postby Hulkamania » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:12 am #477992

I think the rotation is pretty okay right now. I'd have to look at all the specific chances, but my main stance is that traitor should always be the most prominent game mode.

D&B

Byond Username: Repukan

Postby D&B » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:57 am #478083

Traitorchan and blood brothers belong in the thrash can.

Ideally if a gamemode is too unpopular it should be deactivated following a server ban until someone reworks it so players don't suffer through those rounds or it is just removed.

And I use the phrase suffer through rounds because this happened a lot during Gang and Clockcult rounds.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?

J_Madison wrote:that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you

ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.

Nervere
In-Game Head Admin

Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Postby Nervere » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:27 pm #479297

I believe I addressed this in another thread, but since changeling is still awful after the balance changes, I'd talk to the other headmins about lowering the odds on it slightly.
Keep in mind that the addition of new gamemodes has slightly lowered the chances for it already, also factoring in that its odds were lowered last time as well.

Return to Archived/Deleted