[Deleted] How do you feel on running experiments/test weeks?

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Karp

Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

How do you feel on running experiments/test weeks?

Postby Karp » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:35 am #478021

Something that I thought was creative from HG's term back in the day was test weeks, are you interested in any?(In a more controlled fashion, unlike some of HG's tests like no common chatter chaos)

Is there anything in the game you want to run a weeklong or a few day long test on? Any sort of gameplay change or server rule change?

Personally I'd be interested in testing out medium rp week from /vg/station for a short while on the lower pop server with "semi strict" rules in the sense that any medium and above infraction against the spirit of the medium rp week would get you banned from the server for the period of that test (be responsible, numbnut)

iamgoofball
Github User

Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: How do you feel on running experiments/test weeks?

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:41 am #478029

Only if it's 100% the same shit HG did.

You assclowns also removed HG because he whistleblew about a fucked up falsified evidence ban.

MortoSasye

Byond Username: MortoSasye

Postby MortoSasye » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:11 am #478051

While it's a good idea, i'm not a fan of banning people during a test week when they're used already to our current rule set (and even have trouble following this one).

I would much prefer it if it would be a one day per week thing and would approve for the admin to do so as long as it was carefully planned.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
DICK PILLS HERE
NSFW:

Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Hulkamania

Postby Hulkamania » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:12 am #478054

I personally wouldn't want to run anything like that unless it was something we were seriously considering implementing on a more permanent basis. Plus I mean it'd always be fun to see secborgs come back to the station :^)

subject217
Github User

Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Postby subject217 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:20 am #478061

I'd be interested but I think the best way to do it is on a separate server. It might be harder to garner pop that way but it seems a little silly from the perspective of someone who just logs onto the game and plays that the rules could suddenly be drastically different. At any rate, I think enough people would hop on for a weekend thing or something along those lines that pop wouldn't be a huge issue.
thankfully former admin
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20553

iamgoofball
Github User

Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:21 am #478062

MortoSasye wrote:While it's a good idea, i'm not a fan of banning people during a test week when they're used already to our current rule set (and even have trouble following this one).

I would much prefer it if it would be a one day per week thing and would approve for the admin to do so as long as it was carefully planned.

Or, you know, don't ban people during a test week over first time infractions on a new rule that they might not be informed about and might not even be fucking sticking around?

modedit:relax dude

MortoSasye

Byond Username: MortoSasye

Postby MortoSasye » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:53 am #478080

iamgoofball wrote:
MortoSasye wrote:While it's a good idea, i'm not a fan of banning people during a test week when they're used already to our current rule set (and even have trouble following this one).

Or, you know, don't ban people during a test week over first time infractions on a new rule that they might not be informed about and might not even be fucking sticking around?

What are you, fucking retarded? Use your brain, this is why the admins have a shit reputation. Do your fucking job properly, dipshit, and don't demand we make it easier for you just because "oh I might have to exercise judgement before hitting the ban button :cry: "

You seem to not have understood what i said. When i said, ''I'm not a fan of banning people during a test week'' i mean i wouldn't approve of people being banned during a test week when they have trouble already following our rules.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
DICK PILLS HERE
NSFW:

D&B

Byond Username: Repukan

Postby D&B » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:55 am #478081

I think it would be fine so long as it is clearly outlined a test is going on both in advance by all three mediums (Forums, Ingame notices, and Discord) both in advance and during the testing period.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?

J_Madison wrote:that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you

ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.

BeeSting12
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Postby BeeSting12 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:02 am #478088

Sounds fun, should be advertised well in advance on all three platforms, the game servers, etc. If it's something major like a rules overhaul, I'd like to only do it on one server so we can still give people who want the regular tg station experience that.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))

hows my driving?

Karp

Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Postby Karp » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:36 pm #478919

I meant on a seperate server for really huge ones, to elaborate on my point on the bans relates to uh what /vg/ did for a week on their medium roleplay event, they made it so anyone breaking any moderately big stuff would get put in the can for the event after a blatant 2 week long period of them warning everyone

It'd be interesting to see what might work better, lighter rules or escalation, heavier rules or escalation, less/more admin involvement or a change in some core game feature or another to see if it's really interesting. The other server seemed like the most logical option to not shit on everyone's experience with things like medium roleplay or lighter/higher escalation, less or more of something etc just to check out the genuine interest the playerbase might have in it

Always seemed like a cool concept which is what made me raise the question, thanks for the answers!

Nervere

Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Postby Nervere » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:13 pm #479287

This could definitely be a good solution to testing out new forms of escalation and how they're applied to situations we typically see on the server, without disrupting the experience of the majority of players.
That way, when we do roll out a new policy, it will be smooth and well-tested upon deployment.

Return to Archived/Deleted