[Deleted] the INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower of INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS towers

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

lmwevil

Byond Username: Lmwevil

the INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower of INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS towers

Postby lmwevil » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:06 am #478226

yes it's that time of year again to bring up the most juicy and divisive bit of content /tg/ admins complain about

as a headmin would you change the nature of tgs leads, keep it the same, or remove it?

PostThis post was deleted by Rustledjimm on Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:13 pm.
Reason: wait am I even allowed to talk here, I don't know. Deleting for now.
View this post

BeeSting12
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: the INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower of INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS towers

Postby BeeSting12 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:07 pm #478341

It's useful to have a channel to gain insight from people who have been headmins in the past on something. I probably won't change it, but I also don't plan on blindly taking advice from the channel.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))

hows my driving?

Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Hulkamania

Postby Hulkamania » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:38 pm #478351

Reposting this from another thread:

'm not entirely sure I'd even want tgsleads to stay around if I had any say in the matter. I appreciate having a platform for a new headmin to ask questions on the technical end (how do I do X) but I don't like it existing for policy questions (what do you guys think about X).

I don't personally believe it was ever used in an ill-advised or unwelcome way, but we can't know that as players nor as administrators without being in the group, and that's something that can definitely be off putting.

iamgoofball
Github User

Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:35 pm #478381

As much as I'd love to go full transparency, it's clear that won't fly in full, so #tgsleads on irc will have to remain invite only.

subject217
Github User

Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Postby subject217 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:54 pm #478387

I think the vast majority of concern that admins have with #tgs-leads is that it's used to exclude them from conversations where their input is valuable, which has been the case on multiple occasions in the past. But I don't think the answer is to remove it entirely. I think the answer is to handle it correctly and rationally as a headmin and keep the bigger picture in mind, and the wishes and concerns of the admin team. That being said, I can absolutely understand why it's valuable to have a channel exclusively of former headmins when it comes to dealing with things like admin drama, wherein it obviously can't directly be discussed with the entire admin team.

Also as a side note IRC #tgs-leads is fully dead, we are talking about the Discord channel.
thankfully former admin
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20553

iamgoofball
Github User

Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Postby iamgoofball » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:07 pm #478391

Oh, we're moving back to IRC for it when I'm elected. Discord is a shitty, unstable, insecure, literally owned by the chinese and Tencent platform. I give it a year before they accidentally leak all our info.

D&B

Byond Username: Repukan

Postby D&B » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:23 am #478433

A fresh source of different perspectives. It should be treated as nothing less, and nothing more.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?

J_Madison wrote:that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you

ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.

Nervere

Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Postby Nervere » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:41 am #478509

For context to those who don’t know: #tgs-leads is the channel where GameMasters (former headmins) give advice to current headmins.
I maintain that #tgs-leads is a good place to gain valuable insight from past headmins.
However, headmins should realize that the channel has its DO’s and DON’Ts:

DO:
• Use the channel to gather advice for something that requires the perspective of a former headmin.
• Confer with your admin team and other headmins before making any decisions based on the advice.
• Contextualize the advice you receive given what period the GameMaster was most active during.

DON’T
• Keep your team in the dark about what you’ve discussed in the channel. It will inevitably affect your judgement so disclosure is needed.
• Make decisions based solely on the advice in the channel. Use your own judgement and the advice of non-GM’s, too.
• Decide on something in the channel without consulting the admin team first.

I’m guilty of the last one. In the beginning of my term, I appointed the project leads for DMCA without consulting my admin team. I was lucky enough where Rohesie and Francinum ended up doing an excellent job on the project, but it doesn’t make it any better that I didn’t consult my admin team.

Return to Archived/Deleted