[Deleted] RP standards

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

lmwevil

Byond Username: Lmwevil

RP standards

Postby lmwevil » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:47 am #478463

as a potential future headmin anon, what would you say your ideal of rp would be on the servers and do you have any ideas as to help encourage your vision?

iamgoofball
Github User

Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: RP standards

Postby iamgoofball » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:59 am #478468

stop putting in rules to "encourage rp" that stifle it

for example: forcing everyone to use western names

Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Hulkamania

Postby Hulkamania » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:04 am #478475

I would like a little bit more roleplaying to go on than does right now. As it currently stands the only time people interact with each other is when they can't break in and steal what they want in the first place. Medbay is a big example of that, where people will force themselves into the storage instead of just waiting for someone to chuck them in a sleeper.

I think the biggest way to fix this is to address the people who just take what they want in the first place, and that starts with escalation policy, namely when it's okay to initiate a conflict as the aggressor. As I've mentioned this isn't some decision I'd want to make lightly though and would heavily rely on the discussion I had with the the players, admins, and other headmins.

Nervere

Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Postby Nervere » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:55 am #478523

There will always be candidates saying, “I want to encourage roleplay!” but realistically there are few ways to do that.
Roleplay is largely dependent on the community. While you can alter its level slightly with stricter IC/OOC enforcement or rule 1 enforcement, ultimately you cannot change the community.

A good example of this is /vg/, which has a light roleplay ruleset, but feels like medium roleplay because that’s their culture.
/tg/ will always be a light roleplay server. If you try to change that, you will fracture the community and drive people away.
Last edited by Nervere on Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: comma

subject217
Github User

Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Postby subject217 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:11 am #478532

My "ideal level of RP" is wholly irrelevant to /tg/ station.

/tg/ station is by and large a light roleplay server and that is what the majority of people come here for. There isn't really any changing this unless you want to fracture the community like Nervere says. The only thing that would maybe be helpful to the server right now would be to cut down the number of people engaging in very low/no RP behavior on things like grey tiding, especially in non assistant roles.
thankfully former admin
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20553

MortoSasye

Byond Username: MortoSasye

Postby MortoSasye » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:40 am #478548

Personally, I would like if players interacted more between each other and rped their characters instead of self inserts. But what I like doesn’t matter in this case since the general player base enjoys more the current level of roleplay we have and i respect that.

Therefore, I don’t have any plan to execute the ideas I have and enforce something that will be disliked.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
DICK PILLS HERE
NSFW:

BeeSting12
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Postby BeeSting12 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:45 pm #478973

Every headmin candidate that ever says they will increase RP standards is lying to themselves and others with that. There is no way to do it through policy, and if it's attempted then the community will be fractured. People come here for a light roleplay experience. There are other servers that appeal to higher roleplay standards if that's your kinda thing.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))

hows my driving?

Return to Archived/Deleted