[Deleted] community meetings

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

lmwevil

Byond Username: Lmwevil

community meetings

Postby lmwevil » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:46 am #478577

would you as the new headmin anon continue to do these meetings in discord? additionally how often would be best, and what kind of information should be discussed?

MortoSasye

Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: community meetings

Postby MortoSasye » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:59 am #478586

I consider the community meetings are important and would love to continue them. It would be good if it was ran twice per month with the issues the community have being presented on the discussion.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
DICK PILLS HERE
NSFW:

Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Hulkamania

Postby Hulkamania » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:03 am #478590

I think the community meetings are SUPER important and I said as much in my candidate thread. I think once a month is a solid amount of time, the server doesn't really get that much going on if it was to be a weekly or even bi-weekly occurrence. Topics would largely depend on what was currently going on amongst the playerbase and I think Nervere did/does an excellent job of nailing down the important bits. This is also a great platform to discuss things that the headmins were considering changing around before fully implementing them, or at least getting opinion on the state of a current policy before they set about the task of radically changing it around.

subject217
Github User

Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Postby subject217 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:25 am #478610

I attended both community meetings led by Nervere. The first one was a lot of code questions and specific people talking way too much. The second one was a lot of complaining about escalation policy with no actual ideas on how to solve it and specific people talking way too much.

I'm not opposed to continuing it but I'm really not a fan whatsoever of the current format. I'd really prefer to see something like people submitting questions ahead of time which are then brought up and discussed. As far as frequency, the amount that Nerv ended up doing (I believe he basically ended up going for one every two months) was fine, any more frequent than that and it's going to start getting stale. As for what sort of info should be discussed, I'm down to talk about pretty much anything directly related to the game, it's rules, or the community.
thankfully former admin
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20553

iamgoofball
Github User

Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Postby iamgoofball » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:34 am #478616

this is a yes from me chief

BeeSting12
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Postby BeeSting12 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:56 pm #478931

I was busy during both meetings so I could not attend. No idea how they went, but I'd like to continue them.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day

[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))

hows my driving?

Nervere

Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Postby Nervere » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:59 pm #479280

I've had an awesome time hosting the first two ones and definitely look forward to keep them going.

Return to Archived/Deleted