Which other candidate ideas do you like

Moderator: oranges

Forum rules
Anyone can make a thread to ask all candidates a question.

ONLY CANDIDATES MAY REPLY TO A THREAD [details]
XivilaiAnaxes

Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Which other candidate ideas do you like

Postby XivilaiAnaxes » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:36 pm #592622

A question for you to crib ideas you like from the other candidates that you might implement if you win and they don't.

Also allows voters to see who else might implement their "single issue" stances.

(For example I'm intrigued by Arm's "transparency of admin conversations" and am interested in if anyone else might be down for that as well)
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.

Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin

Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: Which other candidate ideas do you like

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:30 pm #592988

I think some admin training updates are in order, I don't agree with all that nalzul suggested in his thread, but some stuff like changing the "5 investigative notes" Im open to.
Merging some important headmin rulings like namelessfairy suggested into the main rules page is also a very good idea. I can see how its a bit draconian in how it currently exists.

Timberpoes
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Timberpoes

Postby Timberpoes » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:37 pm #593037

iamgoofball - Hosting alternative codebases on unused servers? This is a wonderful idea if the infrastrcture could be put in place to support it. A great way to attract other players into the tg ecosystem by giving a classic tg ruleset twist on alternative codebases! Genuinely one of my top platform picks from the other candidates.
gogo9001 - Would love to work towards improving the rules and ruling pages. A sleeper important platform idea that deserves attention regardless of if gogo wins or not.
Nalzul - Would love to incorporate select improvements to the training and experience of new admins.
Naloac - Updated admin training notes? Yes please.
NamelessFairy - Would need to do more research, but increased playtime requirements for high impact station roles such as Captain, HoS and Silicons is something I'd be interested in advancing.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Admin: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship.

Gogodapogostick
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Gogo9001

Postby Gogodapogostick » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:00 pm #593044

I would like to update the training note as Blargety and Lepi suggested to make it more fitting for the general admin experience, using community polls more often from Melbert and Dezu's platforms, I would also like to improve our watchlisting as Alphonzo suggested, and Namelessfairy's ideas to revamp the events workshop sounds like something that interests me and is worth a try. These are all the platform points that stood to me, but there are many other points that I believe would be acceptable to carry out throughout the term.

NamelessFairy
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Postby NamelessFairy » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:36 pm #593618

Theres been a lot of incredibly good suggestions brought up this election, I'll bring up a few of my favorites.

Goof's alternate codebase campbell idea is really creative and could be a lot of fun. I'm not sure how feasible it would be but I think it would be nice to see.
Blargety and Naloac both brought up changes they want to admin training. In particular Blargety removing the 5 ahelp requirement is something I would be happy to see.
Coconutwarrior97's public ban concept is by far my favorite I've seen suggested so far and I'd be happy to see it implemented.

Return to Candidate Debates