I just coded forums perms for users that can post and only view their topics, how would you use it?

Resolved.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

I just coded forums perms for users that can post and only view their topics, how would you use it?

Post by MrStonedOne » #611887

The feature makes it so if a user has create topic permissions but not read forum permissions, they can still post topics and see the topics they created. if they have reply, they can reply to their topics.

The current headmin term is gonna use this to make an admin application subforum, but what other ways could you see it being used?
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: I just coded forums perms for users that can post and only view their topics, how would you use it?

Post by Armhulen » #611892

My first thought was "hey, lets move ban requests out of headmin dms and into these threads where you can leave topics only headmins would see, but maybe that isn't that useful when we have @supportmin. Just know it was my first and only real idea.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: I just coded forums perms for users that can post and only view their topics, how would you use it?

Post by Stickymayhem » #611933

Armhulen wrote:My first thought was "hey, lets move ban requests out of headmin dms and into these threads where you can leave topics only headmins would see, but maybe that isn't that useful when we have @supportmin. Just know it was my first and only real idea.
That's a cool idea

I think event applications would also be cool. One problem with trying to get traction for player run events at the moment is to sell it they basically have to spoil all the content publicly or go completely privately to an admin. A forum where you could post a really cool event idea for an admin to pick up on and run with you would be super fun.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman