Role Colors

Resolved.
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Role Colors

Post by Fikou » #612207

What do you think about the current role colors on the discord? Should they be changed? To what?
Arcanemusic
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ArcaneMusic

Re: Role Colors

Post by Arcanemusic » #612267

Uniformity is an important part of what makes sorting through channels easier, and it helps to keep the individual colors distinct from each other.
Admins, game-masters, and trialmins are practically indistinguishable until you click their icon on discord to tell.
Maintainers, being under Oranges Purview, have a similar problem, but I recognize are out of my hands.
We have like... a handful of bonus roles and colors that we have that are intentionally all extremely similar, and when event season rolls around nobody can tell whose a retired admin, an event code, spriter, maintainer, or senior mapper.

Here's my preferred breakdown, supported by color theory.
Completely uses the color wheel, keeps all rolls visually distinct, and shows a progression of rolls between trial-admin and head admin in terms of experience along from light blue to royal blue-purple.

I am also willingly admitting here that this is something that only wierdos like myself would get upset about.

Edit: I have also drafted up a secondary version of this chart with less soul after the first one stopped loading for a few hours today:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Arcanemusic on Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Broke: Economy, Hydroponics, Trading Cards, Mice, Civilian Bounties, the BEPIS, Techwebs, Newscasters, and MORE EVERY DAY
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #612362

give pkp a site admin role on discord so they can be pinged for shtuff involving forums thank you
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #612954

I'm1000% in favor of Arcane's color work and would like to see it implemented.