the antagonist poll

Resolved.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

the antagonist poll

Post by nianjiilical » #612881

i want to be cool and make a headmin questions post too and i dont think ive seen anybody talking about this, so

1. what do you think of our current roster of antagonists?

just in general, are you satisfied with the antags we have now? do you think we have a good, diverse, balanced spectrum?

2. are there any antagonists you think should be changed, reworked or removed, either policy-wise or code-wise?

i know headmins dont have sway over the codebase but in general do you think we have any problem antags that need to be looked at

3. do you think tg should/could/will add additional antags in the near future?

if i remember correctly the last totally new antags added were heretic and families and that was a while ago. should tg strive to add more types of antags or are all our bases covered
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: the antagonist poll

Post by Mothblocks » #612882

1. Fairly weak. I think Indie has done a good job making our midround roster diverse, but I still feel our big shows aside from traitors and revs make rounds feel samey or uninteresting compared to the raw creativity traitors provide.

2. Fun fact, head admins ARE the ones who can disable antags, like when blood brothers and families were disabled. That being said, I would not disable any antagonists we have now. My personal opinion is that a lot of them blow, but that they don't constrain design enough to where I think it's a pressing issue.

I think the most problematic antag in terms of policy is undoubtedly post-victory revs. I have been taking serious steps into figuring out how to help players understand the policy behind them and make it more intuitive.

It's also important to note that I am the de facto leader of Dynamic and its systems, and have spent the past year working with head admins on fine tuning everything about it, which has shown to me to be a great success.

3. Will we? Yeah, probably, though we're more likely to dedicate efforts into existing antagonists, like with the recent work on Biddle traitors. Goof also plans on reworking families again, but I am skeptical.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Re: the antagonist poll

Post by kieth4 » #613043

1. what do you think of our current roster of antagonists?
I'm happy with them, I love the freedom something like traitor gives to our players and I love seeing the amazing things they can do with it. Team antag game-modes push us away from this normality ever so often and the chaos is appreciated.
2. are there any antagonists you think should be changed, reworked or removed, either policy-wise or code-wise?
I'm personally pretty happy with the current pool and see no issues myself other than wanting revs to end the round. HOWEVER, a lot of players have an issue with cult so If possible I would love to have a look at it to make it more fun.
3. do you think tg should/could/will add additional antags in the near future?
I would love more antags and I think a good start would be enabling some older antags, like devil, on mrp as those are places where some disabled antags may shine and add more freshness.