You win the election, now what?

Resolved.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

You win the election, now what?

Post by Agux909 » #613040

Polls are now open, the excitement and anticipation is immeasurable. Fast forward to their closure.

You win and you're already headmin alongside Nameless and the other elect. Now what? What's the very first thing you do/ try to push forward?

kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Re: You win the election, now what?

Post by kieth4 » #613042

The first thing that I would try to do is push my policy role. I want more players chiming in on what happens during the term. This is incredibly important for me.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #613050

On victory, get to work learning headmin day-to-day processes. Set up charter. Ensure clean house.

Consult election platforms for all 3 elects. Agree common ground. Discuss no-go policies.

Negotiate effective procedures for appeals, complaints & policy threads. Ensure handling expedient from stage 1. Formulate policy to prevent issues piling up. Important part of own platform.

Discuss new admin recruitment standards. Discuss recruitment needs. Work on long-term plan for term re: admin recruitment & training as per own platform.

If Mothblocks not headmin elect, aim to continue delegating dynamic config to him. Agreement on this need to be done early so Mothblocks able to continue work with proper mandate.

If Tattle not headmin elect, despair. Fight to give Tattle all support needed to transform wiki. Also need to be done early so Tattle have support of headmin team for longest time. Get most done.

Once settle in fully, get to work on rest of platform, support other headmins in their platforms, work as team. Long-term goal realisation for entire team.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #613056

Spoiler:
Jokes aside day one is going to be a vibe check with the other headmin elects to figure out where points of contention are, what we can generally agree on and thus figure out what issues we're happy to have one headmin decide as opposed to waiting on all three.

I've already discussed the anarchy server with the existing headmin elect, and setting up that experiment with the other two headmin elects and MSO would be my first goal.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #613100

Very first thing I do is to learn as much as I can, both about headminship and my fellow headmins. As Timber brought up, establish a charter (how many "Yes"es do we need for things like promotions?), set up a new training calendar for promotions, share my expectations of potential candidates (do I require them to have a certain amount of activity, etc.) with trainers, and encouraging the other headmins to do the same.

From there I want to put forward my rules wiki changes to the rest of the team to gather feedback. I want to get that ball rolling so that while people think about it I can start getting the ball rolling on other things. Getting more players into policybus is another good starting place.

Getting up to speed, establishing expectations, and keeping up momentum are my #1 priorities.
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #613169

yo i gotta figure out how i want this new admin applications forum to go, lotta possibilities for how to handle new apps

mostly about getting up to speed namean