[mimicfaux]theunlovedrock - incredibly petty self revive

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

[mimicfaux]theunlovedrock - incredibly petty self revive

Post by confused rock » #263835

Name is theunlovedrock, character name is Andrew Mitchell.
Admin is mimicfaux
This was on basil and according to the logs march 1st.
Alternate readible version because this is horribly worded:
Spoiler:
>gang round for some reason
>regular gangster
>mimicfaux is a derelict drone on the regular station with visible phat loot
>try to kill them but get arrested
>find them in arrivals later toting a janicart
>kill them
>voice in head says "rude" and discover mimic has revived themself
This is the pettiest complaint imaginable and I forgot to write this up because public logs were down at the time but I feel though this is petty this is a pretty legit complaint.
So I am a gangster I don't know why it was a gang round but it was and I see a derelict drone (literally has derelict in the name) and it has a syndicate toolbox and helmet. both things are useful (especially because that toolbox starts with gloves) so I try to kick its ass, and it runs into research. I get arrested for trespass, and later on I encounter the drone again in arrivals, about to spacewalk with a firesuit to break somebody out of perma, so I decide to actually kill it this time. (from log https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... Attack.txt)
3 hits is all it takes for a drone and afterward I discover that at the time it did not have the helmet or toolbox which I couldve used at the time as I was about to go for a spacewalk to rescue somebody from perma in a firesuit, and am leaving for space when I get a voice in my head saying "rude"
then I find the drone alive and well. (log https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... nesday.txt)
I argue and they say that its fine because derelict drones have the exact same lawset as regular ones (while true, they also have fucking derelict drone in the name) but either way its a self revive because they were killed by an antag who wanted their stuff. petty as hell, but still not good.
Last edited by confused rock on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: [mimicfaux]theunlovedrock - incredibly petty self revive

Post by Qbopper » #263910

Just an FYI, I'm not involved, but it took me a few tries to parse the entire post, you didn't really format it very well

It's not like it's unintelligible garbage, but you may want to edit it for clarity
Limey wrote:its too late.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #263932

I don't really get what you meant but I edited the part that seemed the least clear at least.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #263971

does seem both petty and legit
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #263992

I mean it's hard as fuck to read, it's got a lot of run on sentence going on
Limey wrote:its too late.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #263998

Reminder that drones are valid, and while it's lame to kill them for no reason, it's totally fine to go for it if they're being shitters/have phat loot.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #264049

Added legible version which also mentions the fact that they had the pussy wagon which I forgot earlier.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #264100

Tl;dr: Confused Rock attacked a drone controlled by Mimicfaux, Mimicfaux healed/revived himself.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #264218

If this had happened to any other admin I'd just close this as a successful complaint and talk to them about not abusing their admin tools for themselves and move on with our lives.

However, this happened to Mimicfaux who has been already warned and punished for misuse of admin tools previously; including a demotion for abusing the bomb verb while playing. While this is quite petty as it's just a drone; this shows that may have not learned the lessons from their previous error.

As such, this unfortunately is going to lead to Mimicfaux being removed from the .txt due to previous infractions and this incident. While Mimicfaux was a good admin and liked by most folks, the administration team can't have administrators abusing their tools for their own personal reasons when they're playing; can't have it continually keep happening either without any repercussions.

This was decided between current headmins with input from the known incoming headmins for next term.
Freedom