[IcePacks] thatreallygoodsodaflavor

Soda_Flavor
Byond Username: That REALLY Good Soda Flavor

[IcePacks] thatreallygoodsodaflavor

Post by Soda_Flavor » #311156

Byond account and character name: thatreallygoodsodaflavor / Lou Joyce
Admin: IcePacks
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: ~6:30 EST 21/06/2017 on Sybil
Detailed summary:

I spawned as a nuclear operative and went on the shuttle. I noticed that I soon started to get rad bursts. I realized it was coming from the nuke and decided to ahelp why this was happening, wondering if it was a new feature. As it turns out, this seems to have always been the case, and I was just noticing it for the first time since I had an elite hard suit on. I do admit that this was a stupid question after further investigation. You might think that an admin would have told me this, but I had to do the research myself -- rather than answering my question, (or at the very least telling me that my question was stupid, which would have been a much more mature response) I was smited with brain damage. Usually, I would not have cared. However, I was playing as a nuke op and this stupid abuse of power not only affected me, but it also affected my teammates. I think that even if I was not a nuke op that this would still be an abuse of admin power (though I'm sure people would debate that.) In this case, IcePacks negatively impacted an entire antag team because of his petty, impulsive behavior.

PM to-Admins: why is the nuke radioactive
Lou Joyce (as Unknown) gibbers, "SOTP IT#"
" -- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-IcePacks: initially i wasn't going to respond to this but then i saw the smite button and decided to make your character retarded
Click on the administrator's name to reply
PM to-Admins: you're a cunt
-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-IcePacks: excercise caution on airlocks okay they might stun you
Click on the administrator's name to reply.
Soda_Flavor

Re: [IcePacks] thatreallygoodsodaflavor

Post by Soda_Flavor » #311161

It seems that other people were concerned about the nuke letting off radiation as well during the next round in OOC. I couldn't find the change on github, but if that is true, then my question was even more legitimate and there was absolutely no reason to smite me over it and screw up my round.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #311162

I don't think the nuke should be radioactive by default, so I can see why your question would be genuine

I'd like to hear from icepacks before addressing him directly but it sounds like he messed up here
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #311200

Hi, this might have been a bug introduced by me, if I remember correctly there *was* code there at least for the station self destruct, but I could also be full of shit
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Soda_Flavor

Post by Soda_Flavor » #311210

Yeah, it was definitely from changing plutonium cores to Initialize(). The vault does it too if you go near the door. It probably should not start processing until it is opened/removed. Anyway, I'm not crazy and I shouldn't have been smited.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #311397

I banned Icepacks for a day, the standard for random murder. I've already spoken to one headmin about this but if another thinks this was a poor decision you are of course welcome to unlock the thread.