[Atlantaned] Fishes-For-Work - Pulls me on killing an antag

Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

[Atlantaned] Fishes-For-Work - Pulls me on killing an antag

Post by Reece » #313834

Byond account and character name: Reece1995 and Fishes-for-work

Admin: Atlantaned

Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: 10:40pm UK time, on server Sybil.

Detailed summary: Caught a perp for assualting people in the brig, breaking cryo. Walked on the guy murdering a lizard doctor, expected it to be a simple scan and wander off because I took ages getting there (was the detective). I shot the guy down, went to grab him and use cable ties when I realised he was in crit, thought 'ho hum can't let this nerd die' and took him to medical in brig, giving CPR every so often, warden cuffed him, I revived him and upon getting back up he starts screeching about how everyone was trying to murder him, tell him I only saw that he was attacking others and then said we'd need to go back and fact check. He was in cuffs, I had a gun and pepperspray and there were two doctors, no real issue.

Took the guy back the medical area, sat down with the doctor he had an issue with and the CMO, the doctor punches him once so I pepper spray him, no further incidents; got them to tell their side of the story, doc and CMO were fine, perp was swearing and screeching and repeatedly trying to break out, informed him three times that if he keeps doing that his sentence is just going to get worse and that as it stands it's a verbal warning once this has been done, he then continues and eventually unbuckles himself from the chair, he rockets off because the Doc opened the door and I give chase, corner him in escape and knock him down again, then back to brig medical for a heal and proper interrogation.

He refuses to co-operate yet again, tries to escape yet again, keep batoning and spraying him down. All standard; then this happens.
https://ibb.co/io3eKa
(there are a few screenshots, so for brevities sake I'll just link them like this, if they aren't coming up due to me being cheap and using free hosting please do say and I'll re-host them somewhere else and re-link them)

Think 'fuck it why not, this guys a cunt' and begin murdering him, he then, as if by magic is revived from the dead without cuffs, I am teleported into a cell and Atlanta begins asking me questions.
https://ibb.co/iDj8Cv
https://ibb.co/dspVQF

After the second message it petered out; the guy had by that point been freed, since he lacked an ID I can only assume that Atlantaned did this. I whine a bit, tell Atlanta that I still need to go and arrest them (completely forgetting that I'm a antag at this point.) and go off on my merry way, i try and tase them when I see them and get immediately murdered because sleeping carp lol. Admin message the guy more out of sheer blind frustration than anything else and get this back
https://ibb.co/fzJeKa

I ask him 'what the fuck, did you pull me on pulling an antag and then heal the antag from the dead' to which he goes 'no, it was before that' which is bullshit seeing as I was killing the guy after I was an antag, all of the station then became antags at what seemed to be the same time. The entire situation seems very shitty from start to end on the part of Atlantaned when the worst thing I did to this guy was pepper spray him for trying to break his cuffs after he tried murdering someone.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: [Atlantaned] Fishes-For-Work - Pulls me on killing an an

Post by onleavedontatme » #313835

Round number would be helpful if you have it
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #313836

How about you post links that don't look phishy
Reece

Post by Reece » #313837

Kor wrote:Round number would be helpful if you have it
How do you get that?
IrishWristWatch0 wrote:How about you post links that don't look phishy
What do you mean? They are links to a free image hosting site. Would it be better if I embedded the images
Last edited by Reece on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #313838

Kor wrote:Round number would be helpful if you have it
https://atlantaned.space/newSS13tools/r ... ound=72732
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #313842

Just use imgur dude, like literally everyone else.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #313845

IrishWristWatch0 wrote:Just use imgur dude, like literally everyone else.
or embed them like jesus
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #313854

but in a spoiler tag like so
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

[spoiler][img]https://file.house/SDj3.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
Last edited by oranges on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #313937

Round ID: 72732
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #313958

Did I really get a board warning for putting an example image in the post to indicate what it would actually look like? What kind of kafaesque moderation style is that, you don't have to enforce a rule just because it's there, apply it appropriately.
Reece

Post by Reece » #313959

Tried embedding them but the board tells me it's impossible to determine the size of the images.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #313967

i will do it.

I advise you install and use ShareX, it's a godsend.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #313971

I'd like to hear from Ned before continuing.

Just from your side of the story,
in the future, if you are bwoinked as an antag, clarify your antag status first thing. Unless you're raping somebody or exploiting glitches, most ahelps against you are automatically invalid if you just say "I'm an antag"
in the future, Ned should be a lot slower on the revive button, even if the case looks like outright grief. Confirm that it actually IS outright grief first. Ned really should have checked for antag status before doing anything here.

Again, I ask that what I've said is taken with a grain of salt by Ned until he can reply with his side of what happened.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #313986

I think that in all cases, an admin should be held responsible to check the antags before doing something like this anyway
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #314084

I was aware of everyone's antag status. I pressed the "make everyone a traitor" button shortly after you and I began our conversation.
I pulled you out to the admin prison to prevent you from taking advantage of the situation and vice versa.
My only concern was that you were overstepping your bounds as a non-antag detective with a non-antag assistant. EDIT: Your actions pre-antag, that is. Everything that happened after that was me trying to make sure everyone was on a level playing ground.
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Reece

Post by Reece » #314149

Atlanta-Ned wrote:I was aware of everyone's antag status. I pressed the "make everyone a traitor" button shortly after you and I began our conversation.
I pulled you out to the admin prison to prevent you from taking advantage of the situation and vice versa.
My only concern was that you were overstepping your bounds as a non-antag detective with a non-antag assistant. EDIT: Your actions pre-antag, that is. Everything that happened after that was me trying to make sure everyone was on a level playing ground.
However once you ascertained that I was not in fact overstepping my boundaries and was being extremely lenient to the point of letting a man go for attempted murder you still healed him after he'd been made an antag and let him go?
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #314251

>admin says they won't follow the rules and that they will enforce the game their own way
>Be surprised when they do exactly that
Wtf
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #314303

I personally think that any admin who revives someone killed by sec who ahelps "HELP GRIFF'D" before investigating deserves to be put back on their trial.

Who the hell just revives someone and uses admin powers before even asking any questions to the other party?

Investigate, Action, Remedy, in that order.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #314441

TheColdTurtle wrote:>admin says they won't follow the rules and that they will enforce the game their own way
>Be surprised when they do exactly that
Wtf
I was the one who said that though
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #314565

Just to reiterate, they, you, and everyone else was made an antag at the same time, after the events I was initially talking to you about had already transpired. At no point was I questioning you about your actions as an antag.
Reece wrote: However once you ascertained that I was not in fact overstepping my boundaries and was being extremely lenient to the point of letting a man go for attempted murder you still healed him after he'd been made an antag and let him go?
I never said you weren't overstepping your boundaries. Granted, you didn't get a ban (or even a note!) about this, but your behavior was borderline unacceptable. The main point of contention here was your dragging them back to medbay so you could get a witness statement or whatever you call it.

You were sent to the admin prison because as soon as you got your antag status you started beating them to death, while they were bucklecuffed. I literally watched you do it. The issue here was that I was still in the middle of sorting all of this out over ahelps, and that didn't seem fair to the other person.

So I moved you, finished up our conversation and healed the other person, taking care to make sure I wasn't going to plop you right back next to them. In theory, everyone in this event should have started off on an even footing and this was my attempt at making sure that happened. I regret having to massage it as much as I did.
Reece

Post by Reece » #314620

Atlanta-Ned wrote:Just to reiterate, they, you, and everyone else was made an antag at the same time, after the events I was initially talking to you about had already transpired. At no point was I questioning you about your actions as an antag.

I never said you weren't overstepping your boundaries. Granted, you didn't get a ban (or even a note!) about this, but your behavior was borderline unacceptable. The main point of contention here was your dragging them back to medbay so you could get a witness statement or whatever you call it.
How is that borderline unacceptable? I took the guy down, dragged him back to the brig for healing, then to medical so that the Doc and CMO could explain what was going on and the guy coukd do it at the same time, this was in fact explained to you s shown in the other screenshots above. You went completely silent after that.

No harm came to the prisoner in medical except a lizard punching him, and said lizard was removed from the situation immediately after doing that. I had a gun, an enclosed enviroment and control over the situation. What exactly about that was borderline unacceotable? Should I have lit him up then dumped him in the gulag for five hundred points?
You were sent to the admin prison because as soon as you got your antag status you started beating them to death, while they were bucklecuffed. I literally watched you do it The issue here was that I was still in the middle of sorting all of this out over ahelps, and that didn't seem fair to the other person.
I killed him because I was allowed to at thag point and he'd cheesed me off. But he was already caught for an actual crime, you know this. Regardless of me taking him for a two minute chat with the Medical staff in the name of fair treatment he was caught redhanded trying to murder people and medical caught him sabotaging cryo. Him being in cuffs to a chair was ground level. Did you perhaps teleport everyone else to new positions or were the inherent advantages and disadvantages of everyone elses positions ignored? And regarding the prison.
"Stop killing him for a second" I can't not stop killing him at that point.
So I moved you, finished up our conversation and healed the other person, taking care to make sure I wasn't going to plop you right back next to them. In theory, everyone in this event should have started off on an even footing and this was my attempt at making sure that happened. I regret having to massage it as much as I did.
Why'd you heal him? I caught him by the book, he was already a prisoner, at the brig he was healed, then taken to medical for a statement, then he escaped, got caught again, healed at the brig and taken to the interview room. I talked for a while, then got antag status, then killed him.

At what point did his Ahelp come? And at what point there did you decide to intervene? If it was at the first brig then he was in cuffs being healed, at medical he was contained and Myself and the CMO were between the lizard who wished harm, at the final brig he was unharmed after being healed and being talked to, when I was an antag he was dead.

At what point did you feel your intervention was needed and why? The situations in all three locations were either deescalated by dint of the prisoner being in cuffs and being given medical aid, or by myself removing the prisoner from the situation. The only point he was in danger was when he unbuckled himself and ran away, and he was in danger by dint of me lacking a taser (a situation I had remedied upon entering the brig) and that danger was removed once he was knocked down because I took him to the brig and patched him up.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #314642

Atlanta should have questioned Javon- as far as I can tell Javon started most of this shit and complained when the consequences started swinging back. Javon's story should not have been taken for granted. Questioning what he said may have avoided this.

A detective bringing a suspect to the scene of the crime to get witness statements is inefficient but not abusive, sec do dumber things without admin intervention.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.