[Sawrge] - Nilons - lol

FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: [Sawrge] - Nilons - lol

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #364445

Bottom post of the previous page:

Ispiria wrote:The initializing event here was the abrupt, unannounced removal from Bagil of a cosmetic gameplay feature that a vocal majority of players are in favor of keeping.
Just quickly, why does anybody need or deserve prior warning of this if its so inconsequential & cosmetic, especially since it has caused a enormous backlash and soured public opinion of TG.
oranges wrote:That's the dumbest shit I have ever heard, I have fucked up the server with buttons and taken my lumps for it, but you can't diminish my comments because I enjoy making fun of people too stupid to realise when I'm doing it.
Like honestly, i don't blame oranges for their actions in discord since swarge & "vocal majority" of players already caused the destruction of a round just by being triggered themselves over something inconsequential, and hence this was waiting to happen one way or another for your consideration upon applying for a punishment (which i see has now been upped) and will likely happen again.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #364452

Has it not been established that the 'vocal majority' is in contention due to the lack of vetting with the votes and that there is a distinct possibility many of the votes were from people who either never returned to the server or don't play in some regard?

On topic, a 2.5 week ban seems around fair give or take, I'd also suggest demotion to Trial Admin if not for Sawrge to step down as a admin for abusing their position to destroy the station as some kind of political statement.

Also I would ask that, if applicable, all the antagonists of that round be given an Antag Token to make up for the round being ruined by a admin.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #364456

Steelpoint wrote:Has it not been established that the 'vocal majority' is in contention due to the lack of vetting with the votes and that there is a distinct possibility many of the votes were from people who either never returned to the server or don't play in some regard?
I've only ever seen this point raised by people who have no way to verify that fact, and with no source pointing back to MSO/Atlantaned, so I'm inclined to say its not true until someone actually proves it to be so.

Also why is this thread still opennnnnnnn
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #364457

Arianya wrote:I've only ever seen this point raised by people who have no way to verify that fact, and with no source pointing back to MSO/Atlantaned, so I'm inclined to say its not true until someone actually proves it to be so.
Bypassing the point that the system was not verified in the first place leaving it open ended to democratic fraud, it is impossible to substantiate whether lists of newly joined players stretching across the timeframe of the vote (or before) who have never posted on the forum or contributed (sort them out by date on the list) affected the result because it was not private or application based.

Two minutes filling out a emailed form to your forum account before being sent a link to a website with yes or no where the stats are collected afterwards by the statsbus & applied info of who voted for staff to see would be a solid system and more transparent.
Pascal125
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal125 » #364458

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Ispiria wrote:The initializing event here was the abrupt, unannounced removal from Bagil of a cosmetic gameplay feature that a vocal majority of players are in favor of keeping.
Just quickly, why does anybody need or deserve prior warning of this if its so inconsequential & cosmetic,
Because some people utilize the feature. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's been proven time and time again that for all the ignorant manchildren who want it removed for petty reasons, there is an equal if not greater amount of people who enjoy the feature or acknowledge their reasoning as petulant and thus vote to keep it. Because it is pixels in a videogame.
FantasticFwoosh wrote:especially since it has caused a enormous backlash

The only "Backlash" caused by it is people going through a process of voting and rallying against the one who, once again; decided to attempt to remove something for non-issues and petty reasoning.
The issue is not the feature, or the players. The issue is the one trying to go against the playerbase and stir shit for the sake of stirring shit or fulfilling their personal agenda.
FantasticFwoosh wrote:and soured public opinion of TG..
That's your personal opinion, and i'm sorry to say; it's irrelevant. You don't play here anyways.

Regardless, this is an Admin complaint regarding Admin behavior. Not Catpeople.
My personal opinion is that while what Sawrge did was wrong. And while it did affect uninvolved people.
His intentions weren't to do bad. He's acknowledged this, apolagized, accepted responsability; and explained himself calmly. Something people seldomly do.

Regardless, the decision here was already decided by HeadAdmins. There's little point in continuing the thread.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #364462

Keeping myself brief, my statements on pubic opinion & backlash could well be seen as opinion i concede but it does bear note that literally everyone is aware of this series of events now and it has already affected the attitudes of senior figures in the SS13 communit(ies).

However attempting to abstract the admin's behavior from the cause of a response to catpeople is the wrong course of action and skewers any from of discussion on the background reasoning of the incident which is important to determine things like if Swarge can be trusted to hold their title again, and risk of re-offence over a similar incident or motive.

Officially while your statement is correct, the 80 odd people affected besides Nilons have yet to come forward with a personal account of what happened. Official serious discussion thread separate to here pending.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #364563

@steelpoint

We applied the same voting filter to cat ears as we do headmin elections and the results remain unchanged.