[Sawrge] - Nilons - lol

Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

[Sawrge] - Nilons - lol

Post by Nilons » #364001

Byond account and character name: Nilons - Ostrava of Nanotrasen
Admin: Sawrge
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: Dont' know I just saw people posting about in discord and was surprised to see no complaints so I decided to make one on principle
ROUND ID HERE: 79778
Detailed summary: Blew up the station and killed up to 80 players because of cat person drama, got a 2 day ban. Someone made a digg post about it thats floating around

ADMIN LOG: MrStonedOne/(Elric Baskett) has added a ADMIN_TEMPBAN for sawrge (2880 minutes) with the reason: "(MANUAL BAN) I get your point, but not why you made it the way you made it. needless this isn't a convo we should be having over asay while you ruin the game for 70-80 of players because your mad about how some cosmetic features are being handled" to the ban database.

https://www.digg.com/r/SS13/comments/ ... rry_admin/

If players are expected to not maxcap the station for IC reasons under penalty of permaban, why is an admin allowed to do it for OOC reasons and get a 2 day ban slap on the wrist. He doesn't even play the game. Wouldn't an 80 day ban for all the players he killed be more appropriate as well as taking into account the fact he acted like a literal child. I saw this and thought he was actually trying to get himself deadminned due to burnout in a spectacular way.

Admins have been deadminned for significantly less shittery and all he does is cause drama on the forums. He logs on 15 times a month, doesn't take ahelps (afaik), and does this type of shit 1/15 of his connections
Last edited by Nilons on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Re: [Sawrge] - Nilons - lol

Post by feem » #364002

2. If you are not an admin or directly involved with the complaint (You are the guy who was banned, you saw what happened, you were his victim, etc.) then do not post in the complaint.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #364003

feem wrote:2. If you are not an admin or directly involved with the complaint (You are the guy who was banned, you saw what happened, you were his victim, etc.) then do not post in the complaint.
feem wrote:then do not post in the complaint.
It says nothing about not creating one, a little reading comprehension goes a long way.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #364012

while we appreciate/tolerate players making complaints on behalf of things they see in discord, we don't actually give out permabans for maxcapping the station unless there are some extenuating circumstances, usually involving evasion from a griffer, stupidity in ahelps, or it's been the nth time it's happened. Just so everyone doesn't get mislead by the well-meaning OP.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #364030

The real surprise is sawrge still being an admin after this.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #364034

The real surprise is that oranges is still allowed to intentionally troll the playerbase from a position of authority.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #364042

Did he use his admin powers to explode the station or did he do it as a player?

I also saw him handle an ahelp yesterday so you can't really say he doesn't handle them when hes online
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #364047

BeeSting12 wrote:Did he use his admin powers to explode the station or did he do it as a player?

I also saw him handle an ahelp yesterday so you can't really say he doesn't handle them when hes online
He pressed the meteor buttons.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #364048

oranges wasn't behind this and sawrge felt righteous anger since a large chunk of the playerbase got, "fucked with" for no provocation nor rhyme or song.

Just like Arm once used admin powers to self antag on the face of headmins since they carried out it too, why should an admin be restricted if the consensus is reached that the players are free game?

It's not something desirable nor an excuse, but that line was broken a long time ago by one headmin and to back out now would be hypocritical.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #364049

If a player caused this much destruction and death, they would, at very LEAST, get a week ban + an extra day for each death.
If they were shitty in adminhelps, they’d probably get a permaban pending appeal. (I bombed the station because catgirls!!! Yeah okay enjoy the perm.)
I’ll keep my opinion to myself because I’m not involved and I don’t want this deleted, I simply wanted to bring this up.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #364053

D&B wrote:oranges wasn't behind this and sawrge felt righteous anger since a large chunk of the playerbase got, "fucked with" for no provocation nor rhyme or song.

Just like Arm once used admin powers to self antag on the face of headmins since they carried out it too, why should an admin be restricted if the consensus is reached that the players are free game?

It's not something desirable nor an excuse, but that line was broken a long time ago by one headmin and to back out now would be hypocritical.
This, pretty much.

It wasn't about being buttmad over removing cats. I was frustrated over the lack of communication and the host making star wars memes over and over before finally providing a brief explanation and then going back to being inflammatory with a maintainer.

Spamming meteors was not the action to take. It wasn't fair to those 70 players online. It was a clumsy way to make a point because I was pissed off at having this catgirl drama happen for the third(?) time in recent memory.

If config changes, especially ones the majority of the server was polled in being in favor of, I would like honest communication as to why, even if it's just a simple one sentence explanation. I would not like to see our host join and enable a maintainer in trolling and mocking people upset that the config was changed out of nowhere with no given explanation.

I got my discussion out of arm and MSO. I will acknowledge that I did the wrong thing here and that it was completely unfair to use the players online to prove my point.
Last edited by captain sawrge on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #364072

Probably just going to leave the two day ban at that
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #364081

Only a little related to this thread but a better measure is the 90 day time frame when talking about admin connections rather than 30 days (especially during finals)
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #364084

Kor wrote:Only a little related to this thread but a better measure is the 90 day time frame when talking about admin connections rather than 30 days (especially during finals)
I have had an incredibly heavy semester and an usually only home and awake for a couple hours a day anyway, either way I will have a relatively low connection count recently.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #364102

Qbmax32 wrote:nilons this is goof-tier scorched earth shit. you're acting just as petulant and childish as the admin your making a complaint against
How is it petulant and childish to expect an admin to be help to a higher standard than this. You're equating making a thread to using admin powers to blow up 70+ people over dumb bullshit.

Also petulant and childish mean the same thing you inbred
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #364104

Nilons wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:nilons this is goof-tier scorched earth shit. you're acting just as petulant and childish as the admin your making a complaint against
How is it petulant and childish to expect an admin to be help to a higher standard than this. You're equating making a thread to using admin powers to blow up 70+ people over dumb bullshit.

they are, that's why they were banned. what do you even want here?
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #364108

Armhulen wrote:
Nilons wrote:

they are, that's why they were banned. what do you even want here?
More than a slap on the wrist?
Qbmax32 wrote:going out of your way to get someone deadminned because they were acting stupid and very frustrated is very childish. I don't really know what else to say to you other then grow up
Expecting those with power to act responsibly and not be prone to things like this is childish? Come back when you have a real argument or a rule to cite holy shit qbmax
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #364114

Qbmax32 wrote:guess it's time to literally make up an argument thats way out of proportion because I can't find anything to say but grow up!
Why do you people assume I have some kind of deep seated grudge against sawrge and the only reason I see fault with him doing something multiple other admins have been deadminned for is because of this presumed dislike.

@ariyana Has nothing to do with this, oranges calling you mean names is no where near the severity nor is the argument of bringing enough complaints to share with the class valid. Again, petulant and childish mean the same thing.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #364115

This thread sucks.

Administrative decisions are final. This also regards administrative decisions regarding parts of the administration by the headmins. You can be upset about this, but given that 1) the ruling has been made 2) you have literally no standing to make this complaint in the first place 3) the remaining content of this thread is devolving into an endless "but more" discussion that we got all too used to seeing in Ban Requests, its probably time to close this thread.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #364118

i like sticking with keeping what we have now, ausops should say what they think though as the veteran headmin
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #364119

but cedar is right this kinda turned into a petulant and childish (lol) fight and i'm locking it until they post
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #364219

OK. The gravity of what happened was rationalized to me and I'm going to take another look. I know I keep switching sides or whatever but I'm just trying to do something I won't regret for the rest of my time here

We do count a day for unfair killing so I'm just trying to think about whether a really long break or just deadminning will do but I think this is what I'm gonna stick with for now and hopefully till we wrap it up

Finally, I know I'm going to regret this somehow but I'm gonna unlock it for DISCUSSION. This isn't about Nilons and I don't want to hear about him. Just stuff about what happened and reasoning behind what you think would be a good punishment
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #364222

I think some people are confused as to exactly what happened. Here's an album of some of the events being triggered: https://m.imgur.com/a/RxVYj

Jud was deadminned for something similar a while back, which I guess could count as precedence, but he also had a history of abusing rods which probably played into it.
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #364237

Many admins have done as bad, if not worse, in the name of "events" with no punishment or questioning. The only difference is sawrge did it to make a point as a one off thing. If you want to treat this as an admin situation then you can punish someone who basically has no intent to react maliciously again unless people decide trolling a majority of the server by 380 in favour to 194 would happen again, which should probably incur punishment as well. You should outright punish sawrge or do nothing as leaving this open just stokes the fire for no reason. Being weak now will just cause more drama and hurt in the end.
churchgrimm
Byond Username: ChurchGrimm

Post by churchgrimm » #364241

>Sawgre basically fucks 80 players and the station just because catgirls were removed.
>Only deadminned for two days.

????
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #364243

Karp wrote:You should outright punish sawrge or do nothing as leaving this open just stokes the fire for no reason. Being weak now will just cause more drama and hurt in the end.
Ispiria
Byond Username: Ispiria

Post by Ispiria » #364245

At the risk of being trolled (again) I'm going to offer my thoughts as one of the people, if not explicitly stated, then at least in spirit represented by Sawrge's actions.

The initializing event here was the abrupt, unannounced removal from Bagil of a cosmetic gameplay feature that a vocal majority of players are in favor of keeping. This led to a natural correlating of this sudden removal with the same having happened on Sybil, and felt, in the utter absence of any communication that this was a planned or calculated move for the sake of bolstering Terry's population (confirmed by MSO himself after all was said and done (too little too late)), like an unwarranted and malicious attack against anyone using the cat accessories. It's a long-standing controversial feature, and this felt like just another suckerpunch with no way of retaliating.

A conversation was sparked surrounding the move in the official /tg/Station13 Discord, and the response from those believed to be responsible was inflammatory and belittling at best, outright mocking and jeering at worst. It felt impossible for legitimate concerns that this was another unprovoked attack to be heard, and the frustration grew quickly into anger.

This, I believe, as one of those attempting to be heard, was what led Sawrge to his actions. It wasn't the specific removal of the cat accessories, or some closeted desire of his to be a furry. It was his distaste for the way anyone with an opinion to share was being browbeaten for feeling the way they did. An inability for the playerbase to communicate with those holding the switches, and a general consensus that anyone attempting to do so was worthy of mockery.

The precise actions Sawrge took may have been too extreme in their nature, but the inspiration behind his actions - that is, making the point that the players are not meant to be the playthings of those in power over us - and his goal of taking a stand for those unable to stand for themselves is, in itself, something to be respected and admired.

If Sawrge's specific actions in getting this point across were too severe, and punishment is deemed necessary, then so be it. But as a player who feels he was attempting to do the right thing in speaking for us when nobody would listen otherwise, he's cemented himself in my mind as one of the fleeting few in our graphical text murder atmos xenomorph simulator truly worthy of remaining an admin.

p.s. goofball pls dun trol my, ignored ur b8 on porpoise 1ce alredi
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #364252

The vocal majority you're referring to, that is, polls in favour of including cat features I'm fairly certain have been re-looked at multiple times and found that most of the votes for cat features were hit and runs, either not joining ever again or had joined for the first time to vote. The same type of filtering system that's used on headmin elections.
Last edited by Nilons on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #364253

I don't know about admin precedents, but I caught a 2 day ban once for releasing plasma as a drone and killing 2 people, as well as a month-or-two drone ban. I have no complaints about this ruling - what I did was dumb, I knew it could kill people, and it was pretty clear that this was not what I was supposed to be doing with drone powers.

What I'm getting at is if the issue is that he killed people for no reason (mad because cannot play furry is not reason), then standard precedent would be like a 2 month or so ban - the standard 1 day per person.

If the issue is that he used his mod powers in a way that was dumb and clearly wasn't what he was supposed to be doing with them and resulted in a bunch of deaths, then it seems like at least a month or two without said mod powers is pretty reasonable.

If there is no issue and he was totally justified in using his mod powers to spawn a bunch of events to ruin a round because he was mad that he couldn't play a furry then I don't see why you would ban at all.

A two day ban though? I just cant see the reasoning for that.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #364254

To preface, I'd like to say that I like sawrge. But Nilons has made an excellent point. Nobody who bombs such as large area of the station will get two days. A week or two, bare minimum. Why should an admin get any less than a player? Especially if they used admin powers to cause it. Two week ban at a minimum in my opinion.

If I bombed the station, right now, to make a point, would I get a two day ban and a slap on the wrist? I sincerely hope I would get a good sized ban and deadminning. Making your "point" should stay in the channel of communication you're arguing over. It should not extend to fucking over a server of 70 people.

I do think it should be taken into consideration that he apologized and all that. He does legit regret it, I can tell. But I still think it should be more than a slap on the wrist.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #364255

If you, the person that controls the server and policy, and those that control the code and how it is applied, both agree in keeping both players in the dark as to why controversial changes and your contributors to maintaining the peace in the dark and jeer at them when they are confused and ask you why you did the thing, how can you complain of insubordination?

How is it possible that someone can directly grief and mess with players (characters were deleted due to the removal of the cat parts, people lost characters, and so on) then demand and turn around and treat the backlash from one of these contributors as the worst possible grief? In the largest scale of fucking up with players, he ruined what I can guess was a small, limited number of rounds compared to the time the cats were disabled.

The contributor in topic has agreed that their punishment was fit to the crime, they have understood what they did wrong, and the stupid feature was reenabled and the players placated. Why are you treating him to the same level Jud was treated when these are both wildly different circumstances? Jud was punished one kill per day due to their continuous abuse of buttons, and you're treating this one rage fueled exclusive moment as months of abuse and irresponsibility.

If you're going to treat your contributors like this, then deadmin him because he doesn't deserve this treatment, and you need to grow a fucking spine and brain and stop letting people move your rationale like a leaf in the fucking wind. You only exacerbate drama and shitposting by first deciding something, then later changing it because someone might be right lol! then locking it and unlocking it again. Nobody deserves this kind of shitshow.
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #364258

I don't get it. If a player obliterated the station because of catgirl parts being removed, they will most likely get permabanned within an heartbeat.

Sawrge is an admin; he should not just be upholding the rules of the server, he should be following them as well. A 2-day day ban is a slap on the wrist for taking out his frustration out on an entire server. I'm not asking for a deadmining, but he should take a short break if he is letting his view on catgirls interfere with the round of 70~ people on a whim.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #364259

I don't think what I did was okay.

I don't think there's anything to be said about it beyond it was clumsy, stupid, an abuse of power and trust and unfair to the players online.

I also don't think it's ok to try and maintain some semblance of democracy on the server your community funds, and then disable a feature the majority has voted in favor of on at least 3 occasions without any sort of publicly communicated explanation. Have at least enough respect for the people that keep the server alive to communicate with them.

When I see this happening for the third or fourth time in recent memory, and here the host is joining with our opportunist maintainer troll to fuck with people and mock them for being rightfully upset over an abrupt, uncommunicated change after we've gone through the exact same situation several times in the past, I got a little upset. oranges was talking about their plans to excommunicate "furries" from the server, MSO was giving joke explanations, and players that were genuinely upset at how little respect they were shown were being mocked. The people most vocally in genuine favor of removing the stupid fucking cat thing are a bunch of whiny children posting about how we're stumped cucks and degenerates and what-not, and many of them don't even play on this server. It frustrates me to no end that people keep making a show of capitulating to trolls and generally unfriendly and intolerable people. It frustrates me even further that we keep coming back to this same subject, treating it as drama bait, then acting smug when people take the bait as if it proves a point.

MSO could have activated a player cap. He could have just killed the server for a few hours to let the population spread out. He could have enabled the config on every server. Instead he chose to do something that's been proven time and time again to cause a shitton of drama, and so I concluded he's either amnesiac or was looking to get a rise out of people. I was frustrated that we were going down the same path again of trolling the playerbase over a stupid cosmetic option. I don't personally give a shit if I can have fucking cat ears or not, but lots of other people do and I don't think it's fair to them to arbitrarily take it away and refuse to give an explanation for it.

What I did wasn't fair or acceptable. I still don't think baiting and trolling the playerbase with the config is either, though.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #364260

EagleWiz wrote:(mad because cannot play furry is not reason).
simplifying this to a "but furries!!" strawman is not an argument and I guarantee you 90% of the people who will post in here will conflate this with some shit about furries or something

sawrge should be punished, yes, but ignoring WHY he did it is equally ridiculous as letting him off scot free

this thread being reopened is likely a mistake and will go nowhere fast

sawrge replied above me but i typed this before seeing his post
Limey wrote:its too late.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #364261

TrustyGun wrote:I don't get it. If a player obliterated the station because of catgirl parts being removed, they will most likely get permabanned within an heartbeat.

Sawrge is an admin; he should not just be upholding the rules of the server, he should be following them as well. A 2-day day ban is a slap on the wrist for taking out his frustration out on an entire server. I'm not asking for a deadmining, but he should take a short break if he is letting his view on catgirls interfere with the round of 70~ people on a whim.
This really. I don't want him deadminned or demoted, I'd just like to see a fitting punishment for the crime. Two day ban is just like really? If I did it as a player over an argument or to make a point, I'd be banned for a couple weeks at very least.

I also agree that what MSO did was unacceptable. I'd like to see a separate complaint for him.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #364263

cedarbridge wrote:
Administrative decisions are final.
Yeah I dunno Joe there's ban appeals, admin complaints, and policy discussion that have successfully challenged admin decisions
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #364264

MSO making fun of people overreacting isn't complaint worthy. Did he faceroll buttons? No, he didn't. He just laughed at oranges making a good meme while people overreacted and believed the first thing they heard from some random guy.
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #364265

Qbopper wrote:[
simplifying this to a "but furries!!" strawman is not an argument and I guarantee you 90% of the people who will post in here will conflate this with some shit about furries or something

sawrge should be punished, yes, but ignoring WHY he did it is equally ridiculous as letting him off scot free
Ok fine. He did it because he was mad about a change to the code that made a bunch of people upset and that the majority maybe probably didnt approve of.
I do not like techwebs. I think techwebs are dumb. I have seen many science players both IC and OOC complain that techwebs are dumb.
My guess is that most players that have to interact with this system think it is dumb
I have not toxins bombed the science department, but I have a feeling that if I did toxins bomb science because I was mad at techwebs none the above would count much in my favor.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #364266

iamgoofball wrote:MSO making fun of people overreacting isn't complaint worthy. Did he faceroll buttons? No, he didn't. He just laughed at oranges making a good meme while people overreacted and believed the first thing they heard from some random guy.
Making config changes without giving the playerbase a decent reason why is complaintworthy in my opinion.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #364267

BeeSting12 wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:MSO making fun of people overreacting isn't complaint worthy. Did he faceroll buttons? No, he didn't. He just laughed at oranges making a good meme while people overreacted and believed the first thing they heard from some random guy.
Making config changes without giving the playerbase a decent reason why is complaintworthy in my opinion.
It's his server that he hosts and pays for. He can do what he wants.

Take it to policy discussion.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #364269

he hosts and pays for
uh, no my dude, at most he is at risk for paying for it if the cost exceeded the incoming donations
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #364271

oranges wrote:
he hosts and pays for
uh, no my dude, at most he is at risk for paying for it if the cost exceeded the incoming donations
Then surely we should give remote to the donators who front the most cost
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #364273

Techwebs was a good faith effort to improve the game, though it may have fallen short.

Telling people that the things they like are being removed to purge them from the community (after we had like four votes on it) for the express purpose of riling them up is not a "code change"

Sawrge got upset people were having a laugh at the expense of his friends/a large number of players and he overreacted to try and make a clumsy point that admins fucking with people for fun degrades the server.

I think intent is important and it wouldn't be very fair to come down super hard on someone for getting mad when the goal was to make them mad in the first place

But as everyone is aware I am gaming pals with sawrge so I am leaving this with arm and ausops to decide
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #364274

how can you even claim it was the point to make swarge mad, even I have no idea why MSO made the change

besides swarge has been an admin long enough to know how to fucking bring issues up with the headadmins and MSO and it's not by turbo fucking everyone elses round, as it is it's made your admin team into a laughing stock so good job I guess
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #364277

oranges wrote:besides swarge has been an admin long enough to know how to fucking bring issues up with the headadmins and MSO and it's not by turbo fucking everyone elses round, as it is it's made your admin team into a laughing stock so good job I guess
from what i understand he did it because he felt going to higher powers like that didn't work and he was tired of going unheard
Limey wrote:its too late.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #364279

If he is that far at odds with the administration and has so little faith in the system, why should the system entrust him with any powers and responsibilities? I don't understand how it can get to the point where he feels his only option is to throw meteors about instead of just talking with MSO, and believe me, I've been at odds with MSO before, but we've always managed to get past it.
Last edited by oranges on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #364280

oranges wrote:
besides swarge has been an admin long enough to know how to fucking bring issues up with the headadmins and MSO and it's not by turbo fucking everyone elses round, as it is it's made your admin team into a laughing stock so good job I guess
Yeah no shit that is why he is getting a ban of some length I am arguing against deadmin forever
oranges wrote: how can you even claim it was the point to make swarge mad, even I have no idea why MSO made the change
The change was not to make people mad, it was to lure people to the empty server. But playing along with you about why it happened was to make people mad.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #364281

I don't think MSO needs a compliant either this entire thing is being taken way too seriously and people are agitating for long term consequences and punishment for a stupid joke followed by an overreaction in a videogame
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #364298

Punishments are, in purpose, meant to be applied towards an individual to punish them for doing something wrong. However, the intent behind this punishment is to discourage a certain behaviour or reinforce something. The intent and reasoning behind why someone does something is an integral part that we've always kept in mind and should always continue to do so when regarding administrative dealings.

As specified, while I believe some manner of professionalism is important, and I think we could all get along better if we tried to be more patient and understanding of eachother. If someone does something on the server with the express reason of angering or enraging other players (ie: spamming, griefing, so forth) we're often less inclined to be harsh on the individuals who respond in such force or escalation that might be greater than we usually allow.

While being angry is no excuse, at times it is something that just happens; we get angry and do things we regret for reasons that very well may be valid. To my understanding, Sawgre has been an admin for some time and I don't know of any considerable scratches on their records or complaints and issues that come to mind, though I haven't done my research. I have no quarrel with them taking a break for the server, but it seems like a pitiful trifle to actively deadmin them for this when they've been primarily a reliable and enjoyable administrator.

At the end of the day, this is a video game and we're all allegedly here to enjoy ourselves. While I'll redouble in my point that yes, I believe punishments should be used, they should have all factors of a situation considered when deciding their severity, type, and length.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #364302

I can be an admin, bomb the whole station because I believe in administration miscommunication (something that isn't new since just last month we have kor vs mso in secborg control), then get off with a 2 day ban and continue being an admin?

I got a fucking week ban for attacking a monkey with a welder as a drone.
Fuck you greytide-mins and your kiss ass "let's just been friends" meme.

Why wouldn't anyone be pissed about this?
Everyone has a part to play, at this point.

edit: i have no real side on, just listing important double standards that happen sometimes
Last edited by A3STH3T1CS on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.