[daturix] awesine - shit behavior, possible metagrudge

Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: [daturix] awesine - shit behavior, possible metagrudge

Post by Okand37 » #368558

Instead of pressing an administrator for an answer for something you may have inadvertently caused, you should just stop and try to contact another admin on the #supporbus or discord to help you out instead of continuously sending adminpms.

If you'll refer to rule 6:
In-game administration rulings are final.
If the admin mutes you from adminhelps, the last thing you should do is immediately take it into OOC unless you're also expecting to be muted from there.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #368559

As I will be going through the rounds logs for various other issues. What I say was one person as an agent drugging and attacking others, i dont remember the name, I deleted and bwoinked them to not do that shit. Later on I get an ahelp from either you or the comms agent or both, I told you both to knock it off or so. I later get an ahelp you murdered an agent, I check your logs and you did. I then deleted you. Issue was over with at that point.

Edit: I'll put the logs here in awhile.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #368564

awesine wrote:
Okand37 wrote:Instead of pressing an administrator for an answer for something you may have inadvertently caused, you should just stop and try to contact another admin on the #supporbus or discord to help you out instead of continuously sending adminpms.

If the admin mutes you from adminhelps, the last thing you should do is immediately take it into OOC unless you're also expecting to be muted from there.
I had to ahelp three times to *get a response*
Sorry but we had over 70 ahelps that round and I was trying to clean up the ball area too, I apoligize for being slow to respond.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #368567

awesine wrote:
Alipheese wrote:As I will be going through the rounds logs for various other issues. What I say was one person as an agent drugging and attacking others, i dont remember the name, I deleted and bwoinked them to not do that shit. Later on I get an ahelp from either you or the comms agent or both, I told you both to knock it off or so. I later get an ahelp you murdered an agent, I check your logs and you did. I then deleted you. Issue was over with at that point.

Edit: I'll put the logs here in awhile.
agent drugging and attacking others - I ahelped that.
second ahelp - I ahelped that.
Murdering an agent - They had stunned me, fed me alcohol, space drugs, and morphined me for the past 15 minutes. They were valid salad, and then you deleted my body. I had to ahelp three times "Why did you delete my body?" to actually get an answer, and you answered shittily and then muted me from most/all forms of chat when i complained about how shittily you answered that ahelp.
muted me from most/all forms of chat when i complained about how shittily you answered that ahelp.
I probably did answer in a way I shouldn't have and I'm sorry. If you please I'll kindly take a week off of adminning and reevaluate myself, but that'd be after this holiday season (after the 27th)
But complaining about it in ooc was not a good response.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #368571

awesine wrote: But complaining about it in ooc was not a good response.
There wasn't any other way to talk to you as you muted me from ahelp.[/quote]
I apoligize. Although I can't change what I did.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #368585

I can vouch that the round was just really hectic in general, largely due to having such a dense server population and having them basically all go into one room (chat logs were flying). This was handled poorly and there was indeed some misinformation and difficulty in getting a response to ahelps which makes this complaint valid, but the chaotic nature of things should be taken into account.
Okand37 wrote:Instead of pressing an administrator for an answer for something you may have inadvertently caused, you should just stop and try to contact another admin on the #supporbus or discord to help you out instead of continuously sending adminpms.

The #supportbus/discord bit is good advice just in general, but the second part about rule 6 is sketchy. Admins can be wrong, and getting a second opinion is a major part of the whole point of the admin complaints board. Don't be so quick to dismiss this, it's definitely a very frustrating situation to be in from OP's perspective.

I think mistakes were made and while I'm not in a position to make a call on this I don't think significant action should be taken. Sometimes shit just goes south, especially with all the chaos, and it's really nobody's fault. Misinformation is just something that happens when there's so much information to take in. (I do think the deletion of bodies was a bit harsh, though.) Sorry it went so bad for you, awesine.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #368616

Issue number 563419782 that could have been avoided with the appropriate application of the admin prision button.

=P
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #368857

PKPenguin321 wrote:I can vouch that the round was just really hectic in general, largely due to having such a dense server population and having them basically all go into one room (chat logs were flying). This was handled poorly and there was indeed some misinformation and difficulty in getting a response to ahelps which makes this complaint valid, but the chaotic nature of things should be taken into account.

The #supportbus/discord bit is good advice just in general, but the second part about rule 6 is sketchy. Admins can be wrong, and getting a second opinion is a major part of the whole point of the admin complaints board. Don't be so quick to dismiss this, it's definitely a very frustrating situation to be in from OP's perspective.

I think mistakes were made and while I'm not in a position to make a call on this I don't think significant action should be taken. Sometimes shit just goes south, especially with all the chaos, and it's really nobody's fault. Misinformation is just something that happens when there's so much information to take in. (I do think the deletion of bodies was a bit harsh, though.) Sorry it went so bad for you, awesine.
I apologise, to elaborate a bit on the latter I'm making a general statement that it will generally only make the situation worse if you bring a situation into OOC after an admin mutes you from adminhelps. I don't stand for or against the specific matter though as MrStonedOne mentioned it could have been avoided with the use of the admin prison!

My comment was by no means intended to dismiss or dismay the poster from their complaint but rather to explain a bit about the thought process and to provide them with an alternate and proper route incase they find themselves in a similar situation in the future! : )

In relate to the actual complaint, while I think it could have been a little excessive and I can understand the agitation from the individual who made it I can also relate to the situation with the round. It was rather hectic and having around 120+ players on the server tends to make it hard to actively administrate, especially when the individual admin was also trying to attend the event which may factor into their brash decision regarding it. In essence, while I agree that the complainer has all rights to be upset but additionally I think the administrator had reason to be stressed. I do not think the complaint itself is actionable, but I would like Daturix to take it into heart to try to pace their decisions in the future but we'll have to wait for the head administration team to weigh in!
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #369147

as punishment I move that all ahelps for a day are sent directly to daturix and he is not allowed to mute them
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #369153

oranges wrote:as punishment I move that all ahelps for a day are sent directly to daturix and he is not allowed to mute them
Bring. It. On.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #369249

handled not so well, please handle better in the future etc
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.