[Coiax] Trialmin abusing smite on people reporting rules violations

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

[Coiax] Trialmin abusing smite on people reporting rules violations

Post by iamgoofball » #463534

Byond account and character name:
Admin: Coiax, ratted out by another admin online but I had my suspicions after they threatened me when I asked if they could just clarify what was going on with naming policy
Time and Server incident occurred: Bagil, 5:30 AM PST
ROUND ID HERE: 98930
Detailed summary:
After reading Naming Policy and adjusting my character names accordingly, I joined bagil for a good round of being a sleazy HoP. Flipping through security records, I quickly found a bunch of names that violated the new policy. Obvious-puns, immersion breaking, etc. Shit that doesn't pass as "standard western name". Someone had apparently decided to name themselves after Santa but also included "the Jolly" at the end, which is a violation of naming policy as it doesn't allow titles and shit.
Not pictured here, the missile that almost landed on my face.
Someone targeted me with a missile from smite, but it didn't land. Thinking at this point Santa's title may have been an admin rename, I decided to report the other three examples of obvious immersion breakers. I received a thunderbolt to the face, something disabled all my limbs, and I got some weird voice thing where I could only say one word at a time.

When I reiterated that my requests were serious and not "an epic meme", and asking why I was abused for reporting a rules violation, I found myself told to "stop abusing ahelps". When the abusing admin refused to communicate, I stated my intention to file a complaint and demanded the ckeys involved.

The round has just now ended, I will pull logs and attach them to this post below:

game.txt: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... 0/game.txt
Coiax putting themselves inside mobs

Code: Select all

[2018-12-20 13:10:43.493] ADMIN: Coiax/(Braxton Cherry) stuffed Coiax into Experiment 35b.
The aformentioned missile

[2018-12-20 13:21:05.842] ADMIN: coiax/(Experiment 35b) punished Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb) with Fireball.
The mentioned brain damage, likely caused the 1-word trauma or whatever.

[2018-12-20 13:22:31.312] ADMIN: coiax/(Experiment 35b) punished Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb) with Brain damage.
The lightning bolt

[2018-12-20 13:23:04.965] ADMIN: coiax/(Experiment 35b) punished Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb) with Lightning bolt.
I can't find whatever it was he did to disable the limbs. Later on he did something to fuck with my hands, but I'm not seeing it in here. I have a picture of it though, when it happened:

If someone could find the section where he does this in the admin.txt, that'd be great. It also looks a lot like he was taking action against me because I reported his snowflake admin spawn character he made. Not fucking cool.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: [Coiax] Trialmin abusing smite on people reporting rules violations

Post by Dax Dupont » #463552

The limbs are probably due to limb damage, excessive damage to limbs will disable them.
coiax
Byond Username: Coiax

Post by coiax » #463562

The two traumas rolled by the brain damage smite were severe cerebral paralysis and communication disorder. Unluckily for their character, it was a full body paralysis. Brain surgery would have fixed both of those.
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #463579

iamgoofball wrote:Coiax putting themselves inside mobs

[2018-12-20 13:10:43.493] ADMIN: Coiax/(Braxton Cherry) stuffed Coiax into Experiment 35b.
Wow, goof. Do you know which mob Experiment 35b is? It's the 'creature' mob inside of the wizard den, sealed behind indestructable glass. Do you know why he could have possibly taken control of a random mob sealed inside of an inescapable container inside the WIZARD DEN, while there was someone named Santa Claus the Jolly in the round who DIDN'T violate naming policy? I'll give you a bit to think about this one for yourself.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #463644

Logs about goofball from asay and admin tickets
source:
https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/basil/ ... 0/game.log

All irrelevant data trimmed and hrefs snipped out, my notes in bold

[2018-12-20 13:01:37.721] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #1: Iamgoofball/(Iamgoofball): hey so before you get on my case about name policy this next name I'm using was literally given to me by an admin so toss off - heard by 4 non-AFK admins who have +BAN. (Goof your name is shit and you should change it)
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:01:53.022] ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: Coiax/(Coiax) "I thought goof disappeared" (start area (8, 174, 1))
[2018-12-20 13:01:57.015] ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: Coiax/(Coiax) "after he got gitbanned" (start area (8, 174, 1))
<snip>Inside spoiler is a bunch of tickets being rejected (trying to keep the post from being too long)
Spoiler:
[2018-12-20 13:20:55.675] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #5: Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb): hi im reporting Santa Claus the Jolly for name policy violations, thats not a western name its got 4 sections and shit like of/the/von is explicitly refused in the naming
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:21:27.657] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket <href>#5</A> rejected by <href>coiax</a>/(Experiment 35b)
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:22:24.024] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #6: Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb): okay well Feathers McGraw, feathers isnt a real first name, clearly done as a joke, Chris Cream is clearly a pun, Tyrone Black is intended to be racist. - heard by 3 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:22:34.264] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket <href>#6</A> rejected by <href>coiax</a>/(Experiment 35b)
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:22:56.485] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #7: Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb): >naming policy is serious business guys >abuse me for reporting naming policy violations after I got dinged for the same exact type of pun names - heard by 3 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:23:07.199] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket <href>#7</A> rejected by <href>coiax</a>/(Experiment 35b)
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:23:52.764] ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: coiax/(Experiment 35b) "wow, goof got full body paralysis" (Medbay Central (90, 100, 2))
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:24:01.752] ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: coiax/(Experiment 35b) "I didn't even pick that, he just rolled unlucky" (Medbay Central (90, 100, 2))
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:25:03.533] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #8: Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb): no seriously is naming policy just not a thing now or is it a super heavy thing because your headmins and also you made it out to be this big thing and I just want clarification outside of le epic admin abuse - heard by 3 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:25:42.347] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Coiax/(Experiment 35b)->Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb): Ahelps are not a place for policy discussion. Please stop abusing ahelps. (Finally you decide to explain yourself poorly)
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:25:47.434] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket <href> closed by <href>coiax</a>/(Experiment 35b).
<snip>
More epic ticket closing
Spoiler:
[2018-12-20 13:26:27.639] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb)->Coiax/(Experiment 35b): How is it abusing ahelps to report what I think are naming policy violations going by the thread I just fucking read on the forums detailing how naming policy is stricter now, and also question why I got fucking blasted with 3 fucking smite things? You could at least fucking explain why
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:26:55.164] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket <href>#2</A> closed by <href>coiax</a>/(Experiment 35b).
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:27:51.682] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #9: Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb): okay so if you're not willing to talk like adults then I want ckey names so I can file an admin complaint over this in game behavior, thanks - heard by 3 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:28:06.001] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket <href>#9</A> marked as IC by <href>coiax</a>/(Experiment 35b)
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:28:18.346] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Lmwevil/(Thorium LXI)->Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb): hi it's lmwevil, i'll give the ckeys
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:28:36.902] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb)->Lmwevil/(Thorium LXI): thanks, was it you or one of the trialmins, need to know who to address the complaint to
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:28:51.670] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Lmwevil/(Thorium LXI)->Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb): wasn't me, i'm getting off actually, hold on let me check
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:29:08.333] ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: coiax/(Experiment 35b) "are you gonna sell us out" (Central Primary Hallway (88, 135, 2)) (Not very funny)
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:29:23.185] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb)->Lmwevil/(Thorium LXI): alright because i'm guessing this was Coiax going by his snarky shit-tier "reply" but I'd like to not make assumptions
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:29:28.466] ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: Lmwevil/(Thorium LXI) "he can literally just look at the logs, plus not being open when someone asks" (Chapel (81, 69, 2))
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:29:33.443] ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: Lmwevil/(Thorium LXI) "is shitty" (Chapel (81, 69, 2)) (Only adult online apparently)
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:30:08.850] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Lmwevil/(Thorium LXI)->Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb): it was coiax looking back on it, have a good one and make sure to stay hydrated ok goof?
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:30:33.782] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb)->Lmwevil/(Thorium LXI): thanks m8#coiax: go fuck yourself, have fun explaining yourself in the forums douchebag
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:30:53.736] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Lmwevil/(Thorium LXI)->Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb): try to avoid throwing insults though
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:31:04.194] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb)->Lmwevil/(Thorium LXI): he chose his fate
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:31:14.048] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket <href>#10</A> resolved by <href>Lmwevil</a>/(Thorium LXI)
<snip>

[2018-12-20 13:37:23.788] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #12: Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb): Continuing to abuse me isn't helping your case and is instead giving me more ammunition. I don't think you quite understand what you did, so I'm going to spell it out for you and give you a chance to apologize before this goes to the forums. You abused me with the smite verbs and variable editing because I reported a violation of naming policy. Instead of acting like a mature adult and telling me "its ok, that name isnt violating", you chose instead to try to hit me with lightning, a missile, disable all my limbs, and make it so I can only say one word at a time. You are now also disabling all my limbs, and also seem to have deleted parts of my inventory hud. As soon as the round is over, I will have access to text logs to back all this up along with your thinly veiled threat of "abusing ahelps" because I asked for clarification on a rule, since you chose to harass me with smite verbs instead of replying like an adult. I'd like an apology, right now. Otherwise, we're going to the forums, and I'm going to dum - heard by 2 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
<snip>

Small bonus round, lmwevil checkign in on goof via IRC
Spoiler:
[2018-12-20 13:39:36.066] ADMINPRIVATE: IRC PM: 159775729519689728 -> Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb) : hi it's Lmwevil from discord relay, just making sure you aren't FNR banned like someone thought from back when i pinged you about discount lightbulb
<snip>
[2018-12-20 13:40:17.184] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Iamgoofball/(Patrick H. Etic-Weeb)->IRC: I'm not allowed to discuss that at this time as per headmin directions. I'd rather not give them more ammo. I've got an avenue to complain.
Anyway, I don't know what anyone expected?

Goof shouldn't be minimodding, but spam rejecting someones tickets without explaining why is not going to help anyone and people are just going to get angrier and angrier and then you smite them? The only place this trashfire was going to end up was the complaints forum.

Frankly the attitude of the online admins in asay was a little more dismissive than I'd like, but shout out to lmwevil for being an adult (and anyway that's up to the headadmins to decide)
Last edited by oranges on Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #463654

hi goof, you got unlucky with brain traumas there and not much more i can say on that front

as i was half afk doing some late night stuff like running my bath i saw the very first ticket that got rejected because it was a wizard (though to be fair it was a wizard pretending to be santa complete with outfit so there's a reasonable degree of confusion on that point) and then i saw the very last two(?)

probably would have been easier to say 'making a big deal out of naming policy is annoying' when the name he was running that round was in clear violation too, but i wasn't handling the tickets until he asked for related ckey

don't really have much investment but as coiax admitted themselves they were perhaps a bit too liberal with the smite button

also @oranges i sent a discord relay message to ticket 12 after it was posted in adminbus, for completeness you may as well attach that too
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #463728

Thanks to lmwevil for remaining mature about this
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #463960

So is anything going to be done here or are you going to keep pretending if you ignore it, it didn't happen?
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #463974

iamgoofball wrote:So is anything going to be done here or are you going to keep pretending if you ignore it, it didn't happen?
We'll get to it when we can. It has only been a day, and it's pretty close to christmas so people tend to be busy. We're not ignoring it, please be patient.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #464712

Coiax has still not either apologized or resigned from their position in shame. They have refused to acknowledge their fuckup in any way. This is Joan and Ausops behavior.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #464714

TribeOfBeavers wrote: We'll get to it when we can. It has only been 5 days, and it's pretty close to Christmas so people tend to be busy. We're not ignoring it, please be patient.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
coiax
Byond Username: Coiax

Post by coiax » #464742

I was wrong in using the Smite button in response to a good faith adminhelp, and should have explained that the names in question were valid under our naming policy.

I misinterpreted the adminhelps as trolling, and thought it was appropriate to respond in kind, and that was a mistake.

I will not be resigning as Trialmin.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #464772

Verdict: Uphold complaint, speak to Coiax about admin conduct and ensure they have improved by the time of their review.

Reason:
The smite button isnt really meant to be used on anybody who you happen to dislike or think might be trying to start an argument. Its there as a mild IC punishment or it can be used in a joking sort of way if both the admin and involved parties are in on it (someone making a dumb prayer, ahelping memes, meme announcements, etc.).

This situation was neither. Admins should never smite a player for a legitimate ahelp. Im aware that goofball is a bit of a meme within the community, but you shouldnt be using using admin tools to abuse players ever. If your only reasoning for doing something is "its just (goofball, etc)" you shouldnt be doing it. You also shouldnt assume intent behind an ahelp just because of the one making it, especially when the ahelp is otherwise perfectly normal.

Next, the (lack of) conduct within ahelps. When someone ahelps something it's important to realize that something that may be obvious to you isnt obvious to them. Yes, the santa guy was a wizard, but they likely didnt know that and you cant just assume an ahelp is in bad faith or trolling from the start. Just saying something like "Yep, normally that name wouldnt be allowed for a crew member but this is a special case for this particular round." is much better for the player than just mashing the reject button. Same goes for the other ahelps. Dont reject someone's legitimate ahelps just because you dont like them or think they might be joking. If you cant be unbiased when dealing with a particular player, let another admin handle the ticket instead.

Due to all this, we'll be upholding the complaint. While no further punishments will be administered, we'll be talking to coiax about their conduct, and this incident will be taken into account during their trialmin review.