[NecromancerAnne] Geist Dangerous | Murderbone Butthurt - Goes out of his way to Red Text

srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

[NecromancerAnne] Geist Dangerous | Murderbone Butthurt - Goes out of his way to Red Text

Post by srifenbyxp » #520430

When and where this incident occurred: (Sybil | 10/22/2019)
Round ID: round-121944
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: (Myself) Geist Dangerous & (Brother) Charlie Wolfe
Admin: NecromancerAnne

The tl;rd version of this formal complaint is: "Low pop murderbone - no green text for you."

So it was Bloodbrothers and lowpop, with no opposition me and my Brother very swiftly achieved our objections. Planning to end the round quickly because of ggez me and my Brother went on a spree, planning to call the shuttle and literally on my way NecromancerAnne had a bad case of the hypertension from eating too much salt. And Dingged me in round saying I'm a bad person, well low pop murderbone is a sybilian past time and in past experience when an Admin is on you generally call it before shenanigans. This man Constantly spawned a Big Angry Spider with a fuck ton of HP and basically two-hit KO attacks by me and my brother FOUR times. Once? Sure the difficulty has been raised and met nice try.

Should had been the end of it but nah this man kept spawning it and kept making it stronger which eventually gave it slaughter-demon powers which this is after I had Red Alert call the shuttle. Now what prompted this was the fact that he spawned the fucking thing a fourth time - this time on the escape shuttle juuuuuusssstttt as it's about to take off hoping to get an easy kill when we fell down or buckled ourselves to a chair. I've been the victim of low pop murderbone and yeah it sucks but I dealt with it. But boy oh boy I've never seen admins go this hard to fuck with players since my time on Goon many moons ago. If NecromancerAnne is going to rage this hard; he shouldn't be admin and reduce his sodium intake.
Spoiler:
Initial Message and Reply

Shinanigans - notice how Gooto said over comms "I'm not recalling, too risky"
2. Image

Combat with Big Angry Spider round 1
3. Image

Big Angry Spider - this isn't my final form
4. Image

Lol I don't care - get fuck you lose!
5. Image
Reading material for NecromancerAnne
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20373410
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [NecromancerAnne] Geist Dangerous | Murderbone Butthurt - Goes out of his way to Red Text

Post by bobbahbrown » #520450

Relevant materials: (src, statbus, scrubby)

Edit: as clarified by OP, actual logs from round 121972 -- (src, statbus, scrubby)
Last edited by bobbahbrown on Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
srifenbyxp

Re: [NecromancerAnne] Geist Dangerous | Murderbone Butthurt - Goes out of his way to Red Text

Post by srifenbyxp » #520456

Alright, I had the round ID wrong - and did not know about Scrubby which makes it hella easier to see stuff but the right one is here: https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/121972
Spoiler:

An angry spider with 5,000 HP for some reason.

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #520462

Have you considered not murderboning on a server with a population of less than 10-15 people because you got given all access and raided the armory with your blood brother?

We have every right to step in and alter rounds to make them more enjoyable for the sake of those spectating, and since you depopulated the station with no intent of even obtaining greentext, as you literally ignored your other objective of the nuclear authentication disk, you weren't going to greentext to begin with. You just wanted to murderbone against a crew that could not possibly mount any resistance against you both. Once most of the crew was dead you could easily retrieve that disk, but you only went out of your way to find as many crew members as possible to kill. I'm pretty sure the disk was on the HoP, who was one of your first kills, so to me that really just says all I need to know. If you had a hijack objective, I wouldn't judge. That's the one objective that practically calls for a murderbone. But you didn't have that either.

If you take issue with this, consider mass murdering the station on a round that isn't staffed with so few people. Otherwise, I'll happily throw any sizable threat your way so you can get your special reward for killing everyone. If anything, the player who took over the giant fuck-off spider that was slow as hell had a bit of fun, and the numerous ghosts in the round did as well.

Also, the spider had bloodcrawling and followed your blood trails. Once it was loose and set up (the movement delay didn't work I used the wrong var), I was hands off from there. Yes, it is mean. but damn if it wasn't funny and I don't apologize for it one bit because who are you to call me mean spirited? Your antag round is not some sacred gift to which we cannot interfere. We almost certainly can. I just threw a giant (no pun intended) spanner in the works and let that sort things out.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #520465

srifenbyxp wrote: Reading material for NecromancerAnne
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20373410
First off I had the disk but like a retard I left it in the box which was in the Armory, that wasn't on the HoP and in fact I rushed it round start so don't lie if you weren't paying attention. The fact that you literally went out of your way to ruin a green text and most of all proud that you did proves that your incapable of doing your job. "I'm not gonna let them get out of this alive."
OhChildflayer
Byond Username: OhChildflayer

Post by OhChildflayer » #520478

Just a reminder:
Admins are also allowed to intervene in rounds when it is in the best interest of the playerbase.

Unless you can argue that it wasn't in the best interest of the players as a whole, you don't have much to stand on with this.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #520655

So, reflecting on this one, I think I fucked up pretty bad. My personal distaste for the act withstanding, I actually sent something too overtuned to reasonably be considered a challenging but still defeatable threat. I really should have taken as step back after a bit and thought 'you know this thing has a lot of fucking health is this actually going too far'.

I suppose what I think would have been better was simply...sending an ERT. Enough ghosts in the round to do it. I don't think I'm in the wrong for intervening. But how I carried it out was not exactly the brighest mark on my adminship. So I'll take this one on the chin. I'll just use the admin button we have to solve the problem.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #520695

Current precedent is that antags with unfair or anti-fun playstyles are fine to be targeted by admins or even killed by other, admin-spawned antagonists. Two quick and easy examples:

-Revhead hiding in space
-Wizard who has done nothing except hide all round

Whether low pop murderboning can be classified as "unfair or unfun" is up to personal taste, but it's no secret how most people feel about it.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #520774

Lazengann wrote:Current precedent is that antags with unfair or anti-fun playstyles are fine to be targeted by admins or even killed by other, admin-spawned antagonists. Two quick and easy examples:

-Revhead hiding in space

Whether low pop murderboning can be classified as "unfair or unfun" is up to personal taste, but it's no secret how most people feel about it.
these two examples are anti fun because they are stalling the round preventing it to end, thats why they are getting messed with admins not because they are doing evil (rule 4)
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #520775

Lazengann wrote:Current precedent is that antags with unfair or anti-fun playstyles are fine to be targeted by admins or even killed by other, admin-spawned antagonists. Two quick and easy examples:

-Revhead hiding in space

The precedent is specifically used for dealing with stalling, not for playstyles you personally don't agree with. There's little a crew can do about a head/headrev making themselves inaccessible to other players, and the round cannot end because of them. Comparatively, a murderboner that goes out of their way to red alert the shuttle is not stalling out the round. You may disagree with their chosen method, but it's their job to cause chaos and have the station evacuated.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #524281

NecromancerAnne has admitted wrongdoing in this case, and that admission is good enough for us to trust that they'll think more clearly before acting in this manner again in the future.

I would however like to note that we do not necessarily hold antagonist rounds sacred, and administrators can and often will intervene in various ways if they believe it to be in the best interests of the ongoing round. In this instance it was a bit heavy handed and thus we will uphold the complaint and consider it successful.

NecromancerAnne is expected to not repeat this sort of behavior, but otherwise no action beyond that is being taken.