Github Username: nervere

[Stickymayhem] Harassment, drama-stirring, pedo accusations

Post by Nervere » #520979

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Discord
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Nervere, Nervere#0001
Admin: Stickymayhem
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: N/A
Detailed summary:
Sticky has created a voice channel on the Discord server accusing a community member of being a pedophile.
Proof:

This is completely unacceptable. Not only does it violate Discord rule #1:
1: Don’t be a dick. This Discord server is meant to be open and friendly, don’t make it into an unenjoyable environment.
1a: Harassment and general drama-stirring will not be tolerated.

It also violates the addendum to the admin conduct rules found here: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 97#p395897.
Specifically:
Spoiler:
Admins should never make continued unwanted and annoying actions towards players for the purpose of personal malice or some type of prejudice. This includes statements that are outwardly hostile to specific players and/or may be a defamation of that player's character. Admins are in a position of power and should never use their position in power to strong arm players and talk badly about them while they have no form of recourse. Only severe and/or continuous cases will be considered to be a break of this expectation, but I want to outline that a continuous harassment of players after being told to stop will not be allowed and will be met with warnings and/or demerits depending on the severity.
Sticky has a long history of drama-stirring and doing fucking nothing else as an admin, and these unprovoked accusations of pedophilia are the last straw.
Exhibit A: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 40&t=19665 - Created a drama thread after 4 hours of internal arguing, then leaves community for 6 months after BTFO.
Exhibit B: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 43#p467343 - Falsified screenshots of #tgs-leads to rile people against me in Discord, adminbus, and the game servers.
Exhibit C: I can't provide logs for this one without headmin permission, but one of my last interactions with him as headmin was him threatening to trash NecromancerAnne's trialmin review over something really minor.
Essentially, what he was doing in Exhibit C was using his leverage as a GameMaster to try to intimidate NecromancerAnne into folding over a silly argument.

Sticky has had a long, laundry list of violations of admin conduct, and frankly hasn't done anything productive in years - his exists for no other purpose than to generate drama.
I request that Stickymayhem be deadminned. If his history isn't enough, then for fuck's sake, creating a voice channel accusing a community member of pedophilia is the last straw - near the top of the channel list, no less!
I have nothing more to say. I don't plan on posting any admin chat logs unless given explicit permission by the headmins to do so. I don't think it would be that necessary, anyway.

For the love of God, do the right thing.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: [Stickymayhem] Harassment, drama-stirring, pedo accusations

Post by Stickymayhem » #520984

sorry my bad
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere

Post by Nervere » #520986

Seems like he's not taking this seriously.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #520987

I am very sorry
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #520988

I think his behavior in this thread speaks for itself.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #521091

I can attest to what Nervere has said about the threats from Sticky in my review thread. He actually went ahead and posted in it anyway and gave a serious, no joke poor review despite never having seen my adminship, never having played on the same servers as where I admin'd and seemingly only with the intent of defaming me over some petty disagreement. He, at the time of being warned, deflected by saying his threat was just a joke. And yet that was a complete lie come a month or so later. He had offered no real constructive feedback during my (actually abnormally long) trialminship other than complaining about the state of the administration and saying I am a product of that administration, and just seemed generally hostile. He was entirely intent on pulling me down and throwing doubt upon my conduct but never in a constructive way or in a way that made sense to only Sticky with his abberant ideology of what our community needs, that which was seemingly rather threatened by someone who he deemed too strict and antifun. Hence why he kept at me every time a complaint or appeal turned up.

His fixation on my performance lasted for the duration of my trialminship and once that passed he basically completely stopped bothering. Hell, he hasn't said anything to me since. Clearly he saw that he missed his opportunity to sabotage me and has moved on elsewhere.

Honestly? I genuinely do not understand why Sticky hasn't left of his own accord yet given his apparent complete inability to integrate with the administration, let alone act in good faith as a face of the community. And more importantly, how he steadfastly refuses to acknowledge that his behaviour, literal slander and downright open harassment is hurting things. As someone on the receiving end of this, I have some investment in this complaint being acknowledged.

He cannot resist creating drama where none exist because he has some sick fascination with it. He proudly has admitted as much several times. He has no sense of self reflection, no willingness to accept fault and I don't genuinely see him improving at all since he's been given a considerable amount of opportunities to improve and fallen short or never even bothered to try improving at all.

Outright using his perms as a Game Master and hijacking our discord to directly attack someone should be considered a fairly serious breach of our anti-harassment rules and a serious breach of our admin conduct rules. Our entire focus for most of the term and last term has been on anti-harassment. And yet here he is completely spitting on that openly and without a hint of regret.

I honestly cannot give a single fuck whether it was Shezza he was targeting or Santa Claus. And I'm not posting this because I'm taking a side in the drama that surrounds Shezza. All I care about is Sticky's conduct. The fact that he did it at all is completely unacceptable and I downright think enough is enough. We should not make exceptions about whether something should be considered valid harassment based on who the person is that is being targeted. That's literally just feeding into the problem. And validating and enabling Sticky further to continue doing what he always does. He keeps doing it because all he's received is slaps on the wrist. And more importantly thinks it's a game. He doesn't care about the rules, he said as much himself aplenty in public formats.

He shouldn't have these perms and frankly I don't even think he should be trusted with his position as admin at all if this is how he continues to act and behave.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #521095

Stickymayhem wrote:Extremely strict approach to the rules that prioritizes the letter of law over intent.

Is also willing to ban people for unjustified reasons, then retroactively justify that reasoning later on, which is absolutely not how we should be administrating the server.

The previous headmin team was mostly fine with this, so I can only hope they'll be brought into line until then.

There's potential, but it's being wasted on a ban quota. I'd extend until they have some experience in the less toxic atmosphere of our new leaders.
Stickymayhem wrote:I'm totally happy to accept my interpretation as wrong given the amount of good feedback they're getting.

If I was right I'd imagine there would be a lot more grumpy players who felt hard done by.

The sabotage in question. I genuinely expected there to be worse feedback on them and there wasn't so I changed my mind.

Simple as that.
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #521141

What amounts to, "Whoops, sorry!" when called out for disgusting, life-ruining, false accusations is not an acceptable response.
Some context you're also missing is the conversation in voice chat immediately after I wrote this complaint. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to launch OBS in time, as the conversation was rather brief.
Sticky's comments were this: "Hey, sorry, are you happy now?" Wilchen then left the chat, obviously upset, and Sticky laughed at him.
It was not an apology, it was dismissive. A remark only made after he saw my complaint. The equivalent of what a child says when their parents force an apology out of them.

Sticky doesn't seem to get it. Pedophilia accusations are a serious deal, especially unprompted, unprovoked, and without evidence. Seriously, what the fuck?
Do none of you remember what happened to Apophis? A single mention of the word, and the drama-faggots on digg smell blood and dox whoever is accused.
Once again: this is just the latest in an unending string of stupid, irresponsible, and damaging behavior from Sticky. He doesn't learn, he doesn't care.
He will only stop when he longer has the power to: when he is deadminned.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #521155

A reminder that these threads are not for general discussion/giving your 2 cents. Please follow peanut policy as normal.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #521244

1. Don't be a dick.
We're all here to have a good time, supposedly. Going out of your way to seriously negatively impact or end the round for someone with little IC justification is against the rules, this also includes harassing a player OOC (Out of character). Legitimate conflicts where people get upset do happen however, as detailed in the escalation section of the rules.

I have no bias here, but if Sticky were a player, would disciplinary action against him be any different?
Stickymayhem wrote:Image
I am very sorry
It seems to me Nervere and NecromancerAnne are seeking acknowledgment of their criticism with equal amounts thought and effort put into it as what they have laid out here before you.
Spoiler:
Nervere wrote:When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Discord
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Nervere, Nervere#0001
Admin: Stickymayhem
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: N/A
Detailed summary:
Sticky has created a voice channel on the Discord server accusing a community member of being a pedophile.
Proof:

This is completely unacceptable. Not only does it violate Discord rule #1:
1: Don’t be a dick. This Discord server is meant to be open and friendly, don’t make it into an unenjoyable environment.
1a: Harassment and general drama-stirring will not be tolerated.

It also violates the addendum to the admin conduct rules found here: viewtopic.php?p=395897#p395897.
Specifically:

Sticky has a long history of drama-stirring and doing fucking nothing else as an admin, and these unprovoked accusations of pedophilia are the last straw.
Exhibit A: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=19665 - Created a drama thread after 4 hours of internal arguing, then leaves community for 6 months after BTFO.
Exhibit B: viewtopic.php?p=467343#p467343 - Falsified screenshots of #tgs-leads to rile people against me in Discord, adminbus, and the game servers.
Exhibit C: I can't provide logs for this one without headmin permission, but one of my last interactions with him as headmin was him threatening to trash NecromancerAnne's trialmin review over something really minor.
Essentially, what he was doing in Exhibit C was using his leverage as a GameMaster to try to intimidate NecromancerAnne into folding over a silly argument.

Sticky has had a long, laundry list of violations of admin conduct, and frankly hasn't done anything productive in years - his exists for no other purpose than to generate drama.
I request that Stickymayhem be deadminned. If his history isn't enough, then for fuck's sake, creating a voice channel accusing a community member of pedophilia is the last straw - near the top of the channel list, no less!
I have nothing more to say. I don't plan on posting any admin chat logs unless given explicit permission by the headmins to do so. I don't think it would be that necessary, anyway.

For the love of God, do the right thing.
Spoiler:
NecromancerAnne wrote:I can attest to what Nervere has said about the threats from Sticky in my review thread. He actually went ahead and posted in it anyway and gave a serious, no joke poor review despite never having seen my adminship, never having played on the same servers as where I admin'd and seemingly only with the intent of defaming me over some petty disagreement. He, at the time of being warned, deflected by saying his threat was just a joke. And yet that was a complete lie come a month or so later. He had offered no real constructive feedback during my (actually abnormally long) trialminship other than complaining about the state of the administration and saying I am a product of that administration, and just seemed generally hostile. He was entirely intent on pulling me down and throwing doubt upon my conduct but never in a constructive way or in a way that made sense to only Sticky with his abberant ideology of what our community needs, that which was seemingly rather threatened by someone who he deemed too strict and antifun. Hence why he kept at me every time a complaint or appeal turned up.

His fixation on my performance lasted for the duration of my trialminship and once that passed he basically completely stopped bothering. Hell, he hasn't said anything to me since. Clearly he saw that he missed his opportunity to sabotage me and has moved on elsewhere.

Honestly? I genuinely do not understand why Sticky hasn't left of his own accord yet given his apparent complete inability to integrate with the administration, let alone act in good faith as a face of the community. And more importantly, how he steadfastly refuses to acknowledge that his behaviour, literal slander and downright open harassment is hurting things. As someone on the receiving end of this, I have some investment in this complaint being acknowledged.

He cannot resist creating drama where none exist because he has some sick fascination with it. He proudly has admitted as much several times. He has no sense of self reflection, no willingness to accept fault and I don't genuinely see him improving at all since he's been given a considerable amount of opportunities to improve and fallen short or never even bothered to try improving at all.

Outright using his perms as a Game Master and hijacking our discord to directly attack someone should be considered a fairly serious breach of our anti-harassment rules and a serious breach of our admin conduct rules. Our entire focus for most of the term and last term has been on anti-harassment. And yet here he is completely spitting on that openly and without a hint of regret.

I honestly cannot give a single fuck whether it was Shezza he was targeting or Santa Claus. And I'm not posting this because I'm taking a side in the drama that surrounds Shezza. All I care about is Sticky's conduct. The fact that he did it at all is completely unacceptable and I downright think enough is enough. We should not make exceptions about whether something should be considered valid harassment based on who the person is that is being targeted. That's literally just feeding into the problem. And validating and enabling Sticky further to continue doing what he always does. He keeps doing it because all he's received is slaps on the wrist. And more importantly thinks it's a game. He doesn't care about the rules, he said as much himself aplenty in public formats.

He shouldn't have these perms and frankly I don't even think he should be trusted with his position as admin at all if this is how he continues to act and behave.
I sincerely believe you will need to address their concerns more seriously, being flippant and callous is only going to exacerbate the situation and exasperate both Nerv and Necro.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #521533

I've acknowledged the error, apologised and kept things brief to avoid a protracted, dramatic argument where it is not necessary.

I'd also rather not engage someone I've blocked who is in no way relevant to the issue.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #522171

"Its ok to bully when its people we don't like" This is what this feels like Nervere is trying to get across.

However both Sticky and Nervere are actually what this conversation is about, this isn't about Wilchen at all. It can be summed up like this, Nervere believes Sticky to not have the attitude or skill set they believe an admin should. However this isn't something Sticky agree's with, so the real question is what does the consensus of the other admins think of Stick's ability to admin. This is what it boils down to.

So actually collectively, all admins and headmins must agree if Sticky is acceptable in their view and if Nervere is correct or if this is meerly a conflict of personalities.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #522442

holy shit i finally get to lock this

after a LOT of debate and conversation, we've decided to uphold this complaint.
no matter what the situation is, using administrative privileges to make fun of someone is unacceptable, however we do recognize that in the situation it wasn't entirely unprovoked and both parties have a pretty rough history with one another.
as far as punishment, we've met with sticky, given him a stern warning, and made sure that this won't happen again. no further action will be taken.
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose