[ScaredOfShadows]Pushes-And-Shoves- Griffing and Power Abuse

Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Re: [ScaredOfShadows]Pushes-And-Shoves- Griffing and Power A

Post by Falamazeer » #62370

Bottom post of the previous page:

Yeah, Which is why I don't play it very often anymore.

And it's not just about this one ban, you got like... five threads about you?
Laimfu wrote:Image

Jesus fucking christ m8

And It's not like I kill as security, I can't remember my last murder.
I'm talking more about getting punished for doing your job.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #62379

scaredofshadows wrote:
Alex Crimson wrote:There is no selfless act here. If you are not supposed to have admin powers, then do not give yourself admin powers. All you did was make a bad situation worse. If it was another admin, then a headmin wouldve probably chimed in by now, rendered a verdict and closed the thread. But nope, it was SoS violating the restrictions placed upon him for abusing his admin powers so that he could ban yet another Sec player.

Maybe you get killed and targeted because every single round you insist on playing the same character who "pushes and shoves" other players. Yeah you are not breaking any rules, but its obviously grating after a while and people get sick of it.

What a pointless shitstorm that is just making everyone hate eachother for no good reason.
I was banned for 24 hours because I used admin powers to run around and laugh as security chased me. How dastardly. I caused 0 points of damage, trapped 0 players and stole a grand total of one item (an emag off the floor). I served a 24h ban on my own server that I've sunk much time and effort into. I also switched my rank to admin observer so I am essentially just a player except for the times I see something occuring and need to place a ban for. So far this has been exactly once, and has resulted in people attacking me over a 1 week sec jobban for someone who had tons of warnings in the past firing lasers at a person taking a body to medbay. The pointless shitstorm is originating from players who want to rail against anything they view as an authority that can ban them. The funny part is we're one of the most lenient servers there is for bans. Players are warned many times before a temporary ban is placed. Permanent jobbans and server bans are reserved for truly outrageous offenses.
Look at your attitude. Seems like the 24 hour ban and removing your admin powers didnt do a damn thing to get you to rethink how you act. What you did to warrant headmins removing your rank does not matter. The verdict delivered was that you be stripped of your powers and no longer use them, yet you clearly have. You show no remorse for abusing your admin powers, and will probably just give them to yourself whenever you feel the need.

Its bullshit, and you bring it on yourself. All of this hate and drama came from YOUR actions.
scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned

Post by scaredofshadows » #62380

Falamazeer wrote:Yeah, Which is why I don't play it very often anymore.

And it's not just about this one ban, you got like... five threads about you?
Laimfu wrote:Image

Jesus fucking christ m8

And It's not like I kill as security, I can't remember my last murder.
I'm talking more about getting punished for doing your job.
scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned

Post by scaredofshadows » #62382

Alex Crimson wrote:
scaredofshadows wrote:
Alex Crimson wrote:There is no selfless act here. If you are not supposed to have admin powers, then do not give yourself admin powers. All you did was make a bad situation worse. If it was another admin, then a headmin wouldve probably chimed in by now, rendered a verdict and closed the thread. But nope, it was SoS violating the restrictions placed upon him for abusing his admin powers so that he could ban yet another Sec player.

Maybe you get killed and targeted because every single round you insist on playing the same character who "pushes and shoves" other players. Yeah you are not breaking any rules, but its obviously grating after a while and people get sick of it.

What a pointless shitstorm that is just making everyone hate eachother for no good reason.
I was banned for 24 hours because I used admin powers to run around and laugh as security chased me. How dastardly. I caused 0 points of damage, trapped 0 players and stole a grand total of one item (an emag off the floor). I served a 24h ban on my own server that I've sunk much time and effort into. I also switched my rank to admin observer so I am essentially just a player except for the times I see something occuring and need to place a ban for. So far this has been exactly once, and has resulted in people attacking me over a 1 week sec jobban for someone who had tons of warnings in the past firing lasers at a person taking a body to medbay. The pointless shitstorm is originating from players who want to rail against anything they view as an authority that can ban them. The funny part is we're one of the most lenient servers there is for bans. Players are warned many times before a temporary ban is placed. Permanent jobbans and server bans are reserved for truly outrageous offenses.
Look at your attitude. Seems like the 24 hour ban and removing your admin powers didnt do a damn thing to get you to rethink how you act. What you did to warrant headmins removing your rank does not matter. The verdict delivered was that you be stripped of your powers and no longer use them, yet you clearly have. You show no remorse for abusing your admin powers, and will probably just give them to yourself whenever you feel the need.

Its bullshit, and you bring it on yourself. All of this hate and drama came from YOUR actions.
Which of my actions is so objectionable to you?
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #62383

Not sure what your point is bro?

I got a cousin and a brother who plays.

Is revealing other keys that have used my IPs supposed to matter? most admins can tell you that I consistently warn ahead of time if we are going to play at the same time. I did it just today because I had one of them over, and last night.

What has that got to do with literately anything I said?
scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned

Post by scaredofshadows » #62386

Falamazeer wrote:Not sure what your point is bro?

I got a cousin and a brother who plays.

Is revealing other keys that have used my IPs supposed to matter? most admins can tell you that I consistently warn ahead of time if we are going to play at the same time. I did it just today because I had one of them over, and last night.

What has that got to do with literately anything I said?
Not sure what your point is bro?

I'm on the server a lot because I'm the host. I do a lot of things because I'm the server host.

Is screenshotting a forum full of angry axe-grinders supposed to matter? most players can tell you that I'm consistently lenient and more than willing to listen to real feedback instead of this lynch-mob type of thing.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #62388

Giving yourself admin powers when you have been stripped of them. If you do it without consent from headmins, then its not really fair on them at all considering, as far as i know, you agreed to not use them. As for the remorse, i have seen you mention in OOC how your powers were removed for "enforcing your own rules", that along with your comments in this thread show that you do not see what you did wrong in the first place by fucking with Sec like you did.

Really, i have nothing against you, but you are just giving people fuel by doing these things. There are other admins around to ban people, just adminhelp it. They are good at their job, they can take a little hate. You have what... 5 complaints over the course of a month and one of them resulted in an actual punishment, which wouldve been a death sentence to any admin that didnt have the advantage of being the server host. Just... keep your head down.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #62391

I still don't get why you are posting other ckeys?
What is your point?

I'm not offended, but I really cannot understand what you are trying to say with that.
scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned

Post by scaredofshadows » #62393

Alex Crimson wrote:Giving yourself admin powers when you have been stripped of them.
Well, I'm the server host. I've re-adminned to place a single week jobban which was deserved. Is this really that objectionable?

Alex Crimson wrote:If you do it without consent from headmins, then its not really fair on them at all considering, as far as i know, you agreed to not use them.
I haven't used any buttons other than the temp jobban button and checking some antags during an investigation the past week or so. It would be hard to totally remove myself from server administration. I genuinely just want what's best for the server. I don't have an agenda, I don't play favorites.

Alex Crimson wrote:As for the remorse, i have seen you mention in OOC how your powers were removed for "enforcing your own rules", that along with your comments in this thread show that you do not see what you did wrong in the first place by fucking with Sec like you did.
I don't have a separate set of rules just for me. The rules that I enforce are the server rules. I understand that when some situations are not specifically spelled out in the rules, it causes a lot of angst when a ban is placed. I can smell malicious intent from a mile away and it tends to cause people to scream when they get their wrists slapped for it. I'm going to work toward clarifying the rules and I'll probably ask Steelpoint and other security folks to help with this when it comes to security.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #62394

The rules have been clarified for a long time SoS, During a riot, lethal force has been an option, Even if you decide to change that, what he did would be before the rule change. not fair, not cool.

But about that pic?
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #62397

scaredofshadows wrote:I don't have a separate set of rules just for me. The rules that I enforce are the server rules. I understand that when some situations are not specifically spelled out in the rules, it causes a lot of angst when a ban is placed. I can smell malicious intent from a mile away and it tends to cause people to scream when they get their wrists slapped for it. I'm going to work toward clarifying the rules and I'll probably ask Steelpoint and other security folks to help with this when it comes to security.
That wasnt what i meant. I guess i shouldve been more clear, my mistake. I know you meant the "server rules", but it was your attitude that looked bad. You implied that you were punished for enforcing the server rules and that you did nothing wrong. As i said, it shows no effort on your part to accept you made a mistake and to take your punishment as a sign to improve yourself. It was a rebellious statement from someone who feels they did the right thing and was punished unjustly.

Regardless of your intentions, good or not. The fact you gave yourself admin powers is the issue. Doesnt matter if you used them for the good of the server. You used them on your own initiative despite the fact you had agreed not to. It shows a complete lack of respect towards the headmins, and faith in your admin team to handle matters without you "taking the heat" for them.
scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned

Post by scaredofshadows » #62398

Falamazeer wrote:The rules have been clarified for a long time SoS
I agree. It has been clarified that security is held to a high standard.

Falamazeer wrote:, During a riot, lethal force has been an option
Yes, lethal force has been an option during a riot against rioters. The ban was placed because John Wolfe shot lethals at a single player who was not rioting. This is in no way a riot. Since we hold security to a higher standard, and since Petepie has had many warnings, a temporary jobban was placed.

Falamazeer wrote:, Even if you decide to change that, what he did would be before the rule change. not fair, not cool.
A security officer lasering someone who is not posing any kind of threat because they are trying to drag a body to medbay is going to be bannable in almost every case. I don't need to point to a specific line o rules text which says this, because the intent is so terrible that it violates rule 1.

Falamazeer wrote:But about that pic?
But about your screenshot of the fourm?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #62400

scaredofshadows wrote:
Falamazeer wrote:It's stressful and hard, because at certain points, nothing you do is right.
No one is forcing you to play security. You also don't see all the times we let security murdering people go unpunished. I can't give you exact, written in stone guidelines for when it's okay to murder people as security, because it just results in line-toeing and more shitty behavior. Security's job is to protect the station and its inhabitants, not to roleplay an SS death squad.
If you truly believe that, why do you spend virtually every round deliberately fucking with security, stealing from them or otherwise making it difficult for them to do their jobs, which involve protecting the station? I point this out because the section of security policy I highlighted indicates that people who spend virtually every round deliberately fucking with security are violating Rule 1, i.e. being dicks for no reason. Arguably it can be construed as ban-baiting; certainly it's resulted in that in practice.

I also find the use of "line-toeing" to be meaningless when it is leveled against everyone, even people like Steelpoint who are not like that.
Last edited by bandit on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #62401

scaredofshadows wrote:
Alex Crimson wrote:Giving yourself admin powers when you have been stripped of them.
Well, I'm the server host. I've re-adminned to place a single week jobban which was deserved. Is this really that objectionable?
When you blatantly disregard a headmin decision that you agreed to abide by, it's extremely objectionable. It comes off as "I'm the host so fuck you I don't have to follow rules". In addition, 99% of the "heat" in this situation is due to you being the one placing the jobban. If the ban had resulted from any admin other than Stickymayhem had placing the jobban following an adminhelp or them noticing and investigating, it would have resulted in a fairly civil ban appeal.
scaredofshadows wrote:
Alex Crimson wrote:If you do it without consent from headmins, then its not really fair on them at all considering, as far as i know, you agreed to not use them.
I haven't used any buttons other than the temp jobban button and checking some antags during an investigation the past week or so. It would be hard to totally remove myself from server administration. I genuinely just want what's best for the server. I don't have an agenda, I don't play favorites.
I don't see why you needed to conduct any investigations. You're not an admin.
I also don't see why you would have any difficulty removing yourself from server administration. You have a trio of head admins with the dedicated purpose of overseeing administrative matters. I doubt it would cause trouble if you left things to them.
You very obviously have some sort of agenda regarding security. This is extremely obvious from your actions and comments.
scaredofshadows wrote:
Alex Crimson wrote:As for the remorse, i have seen you mention in OOC how your powers were removed for "enforcing your own rules", that along with your comments in this thread show that you do not see what you did wrong in the first place by fucking with Sec like you did.
I don't have a separate set of rules just for me. The rules that I enforce are the server rules. I understand that when some situations are not specifically spelled out in the rules, it causes a lot of angst when a ban is placed. I can smell malicious intent from a mile away and it tends to cause people to scream when they get their wrists slapped for it. I'm going to work toward clarifying the rules and I'll probably ask Steelpoint and other security folks to help with this when it comes to security.
Currently, your interpretation of server rules and acceptable conduct diverges from the general administrative interpretation. This is a massive problem, and needs to be reconciled, most likely in the upcoming teamspeak. It is also where the "angst" comes from.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #62402

Mine served a purpose, you are not making sense, are you punishing me for pointing out that you got multiple instances of people complaining by you revealing I dared to share a router with some friends two years ago, and twice again this week?

Edit: I don't want to get up in arms about this, because it amounts to nothing to me, But what the fuck is your point brah?
scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned

Post by scaredofshadows » #62405

bandit wrote:If you truly believe that, why do you spend virtually every round deliberately fucking with security, stealing from them or otherwise making it difficult for them to do their jobs, which involve protecting the station?
I was slipping and tabling everyone. It was fun for a while, but seeing the intense bitching it has caused, I've decided not to play assistant or slip/table people any more. Note that if a player does this, it would be ruled an IC issue. Accusing me of stealing from security is also false. I've picked up tazers and then given them back right away. I belive there was a round where I took Fortune Ray's tazer then told them where to come pick me up and take it back when they became irate over the radio about it.

bandit wrote:I point this out because the section of security policy I highlighted indicates that people who spend virtually every round deliberately fucking with security are violating Rule 1, i.e. being dicks for no reason.
I don't agree that slipping and tabling people in the hallways is deliberately fucking with security. It's mischief. It's what assistants do. Players have argued for the right to have things be judged as IC (for example Oldmanrobustin breaking into the bridge). I've agreed to stop slipping and tabling people.

bandit wrote:I also find the use of "line-toeing" to be meaningless when it is leveled against everyone, even people like Steelpoint who are not like that.
You are misattributing my words. I've said many times that having exact wording in the rules causes line-toeing players to just line-toe harder. I have not singled anyone out here as being a line-toeing player.
scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned

Post by scaredofshadows » #62409

Aurx wrote:When you blatantly disregard a headmin decision that you agreed to abide by, it's extremely objectionable. It comes off as "I'm the host so fuck you I don't have to follow rules". In addition, 99% of the "heat" in this situation is due to you being the one placing the jobban. If the ban had resulted from any admin other than Stickymayhem had placing the jobban following an adminhelp or them noticing and investigating, it would have resulted in a fairly civil ban appeal.
I did not interpret the head admin decision in this way. I guess we'll discuss this during the round table tonight. I've only ever intended to make this server the best I can possibly manage. I don't believe anyone is well served when security is allowed to fire lasers at a single unarmed and unthreatening engineering taking a body to medbay, especially a security player with tons of past warnings.
Usednapkin420

Post by Usednapkin420 » #62414

scaredofshadows wrote:
bandit wrote:If you truly believe that, why do you spend virtually every round deliberately fucking with security, stealing from them or otherwise making it difficult for them to do their jobs, which involve protecting the station?
I was slipping and tabling everyone. It was fun for a while, but seeing the intense bitching it has caused, I've decided not to play assistant or slip/table people any more. Note that if a player does this, it would be ruled an IC issue. Accusing me of stealing from security is also false. I've picked up tazers and then given them back right away. I belive there was a round where I took Fortune Ray's tazer then told them where to come pick me up and take it back when they became irate over the radio about it.

bandit wrote:I point this out because the section of security policy I highlighted indicates that people who spend virtually every round deliberately fucking with security are violating Rule 1, i.e. being dicks for no reason.
I don't agree that slipping and tabling people in the hallways is deliberately fucking with security. It's mischief. It's what assistants do. Players have argued for the right to have things be judged as IC (for example Oldmanrobustin breaking into the bridge). I've agreed to stop slipping and tabling people.

bandit wrote:I also find the use of "line-toeing" to be meaningless when it is leveled against everyone, even people like Steelpoint who are not like that.
You are misattributing my words. I've said many times that having exact wording in the rules causes line-toeing players to just line-toe harder. I have not singled anyone out here as being a line-toeing player.
SoS, why are you viewing everything as black and white? All of your posts seem to me like you think you're just being personally attacked. In your own mind, you do not take blame. You have not accredited blame to yourself once. You think you were just and that people are picking on you because you are the host. This is obvious. I've seen you in ooc mocking (and I use the term mocking very little as I joke everything) your ban even asking players if you deserve to have any sort of ban on you for your previous situations among a few other odd things. You are trying to verify if what you are thinking is right because you have no fucking remorse for your actions. You did something bad and fucked up and won't admit or even consider that it's your fault. You are doing something players have been doing since the start of ss13, except you're the host so no one can touch you. Every single action you do in game and out of it affects players on such a monumental scale. If you slip security or attack them, how they view you has now changed because people are human. If you attack someone or if multiple people are at the brig, they think a riot is going on EVEN IF IT ISN'T. That's how people work. They make assumptions under high stress situations which it clearly was. You are constantly towing the line and downright abusing your powers for you own enjoyment (sometimes you label it the enjoyment of others, but that's pretty damn bullshit because you would get the most to gain from those scenarios) and then when people say it's unfair you immediately go to "It didn't hurt anyone". It doesn't matter if it didn't hurt anyone. You are the host. You took upon the weight of having to deal with this shit. You don't abuse your powers. If you can't handle this, stop hosting or it will only go one way.
Note that if a player does this, it would be ruled an IC issue.
Read that. Read the connotation you put behind it. You think because you're slipping people AND because you're the host, people are targeting you. No. They are targeting you because you're fucking slipping people all the time. People rarely do this aside from the janitor and when they do, they get fucking kill or brigged. You are acting immature. You are killing your own fucking server with your infantile wants and mindsets. Act like a god damn leader or stop leading.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #62416

>Note that if a player does this, it would be ruled an IC issue.
Repeat an IC issue enough times and it becomes an OOC issue.

>I don't agree that slipping and tabling people in the hallways is deliberately fucking with security.
Interfering with an arrest is fucking with security, full stop. There is no way by which it can be anything else.

>I did not interpret the head admin decision in this way.
In what way did you interpret it, that permitted banning despite the explicit removal of your banning privileges?
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #62418

Slipping officers and tabling them leads to consequences beyond your understanding.
I've seen one officer lose a baton over it. An assitant casually walked up, took it, and walked away.

But can I get a coherent reply on why you feel every Ckey that has ever shared a router with me is relevant?
Or even that it is ok to reveal it on an open forum where anyone with fingers can search it up and accuse me of collaboration?
Despite the fact that Not only have I never been in trouble over it, I intentionally make sure it's not going to be a problem ahead of time, and that admins are made completely aware of it.

So what the hell are you trying to say with that SoS? You are not making any sense whatsoever, and I can find no motivation for it, besides a spiteful act you can easily turn around by saying it's not a big deal.
scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned

Post by scaredofshadows » #62419

Usednapkin420 wrote:SoS, why are you viewing everything as black and white? All of your posts seem to me like you think you're just being personally attacked. In your own mind, you do not take blame. You have not accredited blame to yourself once. You think you were just and that people are picking on you because you are the host. This is obvious. I've seen you in ooc mocking (and I use the term mocking very little as I joke everything) your ban even asking players if you deserve to have any sort of ban on you for your previous situations among a few other odd things. You are trying to verify if what you are thinking is right because you have no fucking remorse for your actions. You did something bad and fucked up and won't admit or even consider that it's your fault. You are doing something players have been doing since the start of ss13, except you're the host so no one can touch you. Every single action you do in game and out of it affects players on such a monumental scale. If you slip security or attack them, how they view you has now changed because people are human. If you attack someone or if multiple people are at the brig, they think a riot is going on EVEN IF IT ISN'T. That's how people work. They make assumptions under high stress situations which it clearly was. You are constantly towing the line and downright abusing your powers for you own enjoyment (sometimes you label it the enjoyment of others, but that's pretty damn bullshit because you would get the most to gain from those scenarios) and then when people say it's unfair you immediately go to "It didn't hurt anyone". It doesn't matter if it didn't hurt anyone. You are the host. You took upon the weight of having to deal with this shit. You don't abuse your powers. If you can't handle this, stop hosting or it will only go one way.
Note that while I was slipping and tabling, I was getting harm batonned, beaten to death, abducted and trapped by non-security. None of these people were bwoinked, it was all IC. I was being treated like a normal player rather than the host, and no one was banned for attacking / abducting me.

Usednapkin420 wrote:Read that. Read the connotation you put behind it. You think because you're slipping people AND because you're the host, people are targeting you. No. They are targeting you because you're fucking slipping people all the time. People rarely do this aside from the janitor and when they do, they get fucking kill or brigged. You are acting immature. You are killing your own fucking server with your infantile wants and mindsets. Act like a god damn leader or stop leading.
I recognize that it causes angst and I've agreed to stop doing it. I don't agree that slipping and tabling and then getting killed for it (and ruling it an IC issue) is an infantile want or mindset or in any way an abuse of my position as host.

There are many things that the playerbase does not see that happen behind the scenes that are part of my duties as host. "Acting like a leader" has a different definition for everyone. My definition of leadership is keeping the server fun for both new players and established players alike, keeping rulings and policy fair and not engaging in any sort of favoritism. What is your definition? How can I do my job better?
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #62421

Well, to be fair SoS, I agree the slipping is mostly IC, but you do it constantly and you are so fucking good at it that it becomes a real problem.
Like when Marcel Marceaux would sec dive at round start exploiting beepskys start point and make off with SOMETHING, ANYTHING, just looting guns from officers who had yet to even fully load up their inventories with the equipment to stop him.

If you sucked ass at it, you could be stopped, as it is, it takes a circle jerk of disarms to stop you, I saved that screenshot, not to throw in your face, but because it was fucking hilarious that you got surrounded by an angry crew like that.

But please tell me the relevance of you posting my shit.
Usednapkin420

Post by Usednapkin420 » #62424

scaredofshadows wrote:
Usednapkin420 wrote:SoS, why are you viewing everything as black and white? All of your posts seem to me like you think you're just being personally attacked. In your own mind, you do not take blame. You have not accredited blame to yourself once. You think you were just and that people are picking on you because you are the host. This is obvious. I've seen you in ooc mocking (and I use the term mocking very little as I joke everything) your ban even asking players if you deserve to have any sort of ban on you for your previous situations among a few other odd things. You are trying to verify if what you are thinking is right because you have no fucking remorse for your actions. You did something bad and fucked up and won't admit or even consider that it's your fault. You are doing something players have been doing since the start of ss13, except you're the host so no one can touch you. Every single action you do in game and out of it affects players on such a monumental scale. If you slip security or attack them, how they view you has now changed because people are human. If you attack someone or if multiple people are at the brig, they think a riot is going on EVEN IF IT ISN'T. That's how people work. They make assumptions under high stress situations which it clearly was. You are constantly towing the line and downright abusing your powers for you own enjoyment (sometimes you label it the enjoyment of others, but that's pretty damn bullshit because you would get the most to gain from those scenarios) and then when people say it's unfair you immediately go to "It didn't hurt anyone". It doesn't matter if it didn't hurt anyone. You are the host. You took upon the weight of having to deal with this shit. You don't abuse your powers. If you can't handle this, stop hosting or it will only go one way.
Note that while I was slipping and tabling, I was getting harm batonned, beaten to death, abducted and trapped by non-security. None of these people were bwoinked, it was all IC. I was being treated like a normal player rather than the host, and no one was banned for attacking / abducting me.

Usednapkin420 wrote:Read that. Read the connotation you put behind it. You think because you're slipping people AND because you're the host, people are targeting you. No. They are targeting you because you're fucking slipping people all the time. People rarely do this aside from the janitor and when they do, they get fucking kill or brigged. You are acting immature. You are killing your own fucking server with your infantile wants and mindsets. Act like a god damn leader or stop leading.
I recognize that it causes angst and I've agreed to stop doing it. I don't agree that slipping and tabling and then getting killed for it (and ruling it an IC issue) is an infantile want or mindset or in any way an abuse of my position as host.

There are many things that the playerbase does not see that happen behind the scenes that are part of my duties as host. "Acting like a leader" has a different definition for everyone. My definition of leadership is keeping the server fun for both new players and established players alike, keeping rulings and policy fair and not engaging in any sort of favoritism. What is your definition? How can I do my job better?
In my opinion, you can do your job better by understanding people. This game is very subjective as it's all based on player interpretation of situations, just like real life. It's hardly a game, but has game-like qualities. You may just be out of touch, but there are unspoken rules ingame for how you handle people because it's situations that have gone on since the game started and have been dealt with. Slipping people IS met with harm. Slipping people is annoying. Doing it wordlessly is even more annoying. People will kill you over it. They always have. That's how players ingame deal with people slipping. They kill them. It's checks and balances. Killing people is not bad. Hiding their body is bad. Killing or critting someone is not even a big deal as you can get back in the round in 2-3 minutes, yet people misconstrue it as a personal attack when really it's more of a punishment people put on others. People have been slipping and tabling people for years. They get killed by other people. This is okay because we do not need admin intervention for such things because it's not a big deal. It's a culture, in a sense. People will react certain ways to certain things, when put under high stress. You need to realize and understand what these are or you cannot lead properly. You have to learn to not escalate these situations or find a better way to diffuse them then what you are doing, because you have repeat misconducts for these actions. You have had 4 people put ban requests on you in the span of a month for relatively the same thing. I have not had a ban request placed on me by another player except once which was Jembo (lol). There is a method to the madness. At the very least understand their point of view and why they act the way they do and correspond it with yours. Nobody is right in these scenarios, as both people are thinking what they are doing is right.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #62444

Am I not going to get an answer on that? fine, I'll ask during your teamspeak
Usednapkin420

Post by Usednapkin420 » #62446

Falamazeer wrote:Am I not going to get an answer on that? fine, I'll ask during your teamspeak
Answers take time; stop escalating the situation based on your emotions, please. It helps nobody.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #62457

Nah, he was pretty active before, but he abandoned ship, It's cool, I'll wait.
And besides, I've asked multiple times why he felt the need to post the other keys connected to my IP. but he won't, I can only surmise that in his mind it held meaning, and I want to know why.
Usednapkin420

Post by Usednapkin420 » #62460

Falamazeer wrote:Nah, he was pretty active before, but he abandoned ship, It's cool, I'll wait.
And besides, I've asked multiple times why he felt the need to post the other keys connected to my IP. but he won't, I can only surmise that in his mind it held meaning, and I want to know why.
Now you're acting like a little baby which isn't helping your position.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #62461

Meh, I'm not even worried about it, all I said was that I'd ask via teamspeak. He clearly isn't online anymore.
Peetrss

Post by Peetrss » #62493

scaredofshadows wrote:Since Petepie has had many warnings, a temporary jobban was placed.
What warnings? I've only had warnings about certain things and if your talking about the job ban there were no warnings and you job banned me without even waiting for my response.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #62507

Reading into this, it strikes me that
A: The sec officer, after having multiple people coming into the brig, including antag murderers, and non antag armory thieves (which is a perma or execution offence, and is pretty shitty to do when there's one fucking sec officer), dealing with a greytide, which by its very definition means you can't see who is doing what because IT'S A TIDE OF SHITTERS, had to deal with a another guy running into the brig and snatching corpses.
Did the sec officer KNOW that this person was just trying to clone people?
Did the person explain this to the officer or did he just wordlessly drag potential antags/greytiders out of the brig?
Did the sec officer WANT potential greytiders/antags cloned? Because I sure as hell wouldn't.

And B: Someone reacting aggressively to getting slipped and tabled is an IC reaction.
The person slipping and tabling people is IC shittery, UNTIL they make a habit of it. Judging from responses in this thread, this was a habitual thing, which is an OOC issue.

Seriously, play sec, deal with a greytide, is it literally the worst fucking shit in the entire game, and you're weekbanning him for just HURTING someone, after the brig gets utterly shat on?
Yeah nah, this is why people don't want to play sec - they have to deal with shit, then get shat on by admins for trying to deal with it as best they can.

Last time I dealt with greytide as lone sec, I got mobbed by more then 6 fuckers, got literally all my shit stolen and ended up killing an admin accidentally when trying to disperse the crowd. He apologised TO ME. Greytiding is a fucking nightmare, you can't see who it is, or what they're doing, and it's literally impossible to contain it without lethal force.
If some good samaritan comes up right after, how the hell is the poor sec officer supposed to know what he's up to?
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #62612

I don't SoS would ever agree to it and even if he did he'd immediately undo it but I honestly think it'd be a good idea to job ban him from everything but security. He seems dead set on making security into little more than mall cops meant to be fucked with by the crew. Being forced to play sec and have to actually deal with greytiding shitters might give him another perspective
mikecari
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Mikecari

Post by mikecari » #62813

It takes an actual attention span to play security competently, which SoS and Sticky clearly lack since they'd rather go greytiding all round instead.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #62820

Everything about this thread is bad and it should be locked.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #62887

The complaint was never resolved.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #62917

Ikky is the one who locked the thread, for reference.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #62920

I'm sorry, I should have commented on this before locking it earlier.

But the fact of the matter is there's nothing that can be done about this that hasn't already happened. We discussed this as part of the roundtable discussion on teamspeak. We've let scaredy know of our dissatisfaction and it's up to him how he wants to take this in.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?