[Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

[Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Postby confused rock » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:32 am #565896

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Manuel
Byond account and character name OR Discord name:The unloved rock, Is-A-Lizard
Admin:Raveradbury
Round ID:139575
Detailed Summary:
This was the first time I encountered the new heretic antagonist. As the antagonist has intentionally had information about them hidden, I only knew some things about them, most importantly that they required their book to perform most actions and that they could increase their own power over time and eventually perform some kind of ascension, like with old shadowlings or devils, or perhaps more like cultists? Very early into the round we caught heretic james knox, he had created one of the runes and when trying to arrest him he tried to perform a mansus grab (basically like the cult stun except weaker, though I didn't know how exactly it worked at the time because I flashed him before he could perform it). I take possession of his heretic stuff (book and heart, both of which are items they start with and need to perform rituals) and after letting the detective scan them I decide what to do with them. I could just hide them in an evidence locker but I don't know exactly what they're capable of and I decide it'd be more engaging for me to fry and eat them in front of james' face. A bit afterwards is when raveradbury messages me.

I am warned that this is against rule 6, as I completely shut him down as an antagonist. I mention that james could steal a new tome and heart from another cultist if he wants to make a comeback, but Rave accuses me of metagaming for thinking this is possible. As it turns out heretic isn't in secret rotation and james was the only one, presumably a TC trade. I don't know how this is metagaming on my part then? It would've been metagaming for me to assume James was alone in that case. Anyways, I am warned that this better be a one-time thing, that it's lowrp to deep fry those items, and rave gives James a new book and heart. Note that I was not given an actual note for this, as far as I know.

Firstly, this is giving him an advantage over what would've happened if I had put the items in an evidence locker, which seems to be what rave wanted me to do? At the time I didn't realise how unreasonable ray was being. However as the round went on I realised how the heretic works, which is that they gib various people and increase in power. the first strength I noticed after he had gibbed an SSD was that he could jaunt now, making him far harder to track or take down and most importantly meaning it's almost impossible to arrest him without killing him. Other officers indifference and the fact I could no longer be kind to the antag made me reluctant to fight him. after he gibbed several people I try to fight him and discover he's far more powerful now, as he kills me and cremates my body, ascending not too long after. Do not be mislead by the term gibbed, I heard that at least one of his victims still had a head afterwards. just no body so they permanently lost their identity if they were even fixed, and I don't know if this applied to all of his victims. I certainly know this didn't apply to me, and anyone else if he cremated anyone else.

This is absurd to me because the heretic is designed as an antagonist that increases in power over time- therefore, the weakness of the antagonist is supposed to be subduing them early on before they can get stronger. We did that as reasonably as was possible while abiding by rule 6, taking away his equipment while still allowing him to play the round, and possibly get revenge on security. They also should normally have other heretics they can steal the items from which is probably some balancing measure behind them losing the objects. I don't think it's metagaming to keep that knowledge in mind when deciding whether I followed an ooc rule, especially when the alternative is that it would've been more realistic that I assumed those were the only copies of that heretic book and heart in existence? Either way, the antagonist is designed to be don't risk letting them get stronger or you'll regret it, so I made sure he couldn't get any stronger. The only difference between what i did and destroying a syndie's uplink, is that a syndie could've gotten everything they wanted from an uplink roundstart while a heretic will continually get stronger if you leave him with his equipment, and you know for a fact that a heretic WILL lethally sacrifice several people to achieve their goals. With James being able to retain his equipment he was able to kill anyone else who tried to stop him because the antagonist is supposed to be weakest at the beginning, and I was punished for stopping him at the beginning.

I was further told that deep frying his stuff and eating it in front of him was lowrp, but I'd say that is the epitome of a medium rp action. simply hiding it in a contraband locker would've made it hard for him to get, and if I wanted to make sure he never got it I could've just hidden it in a box in any personal locker or an unpowered disposals tube. instead I ate his stuff right in front of him as that's what I thought my aggressive lizard who eats rats on the floor would do. It's not the most realistic thing, but it didn't serve much gameplay purpose for me and fits perfectly fine in the wacky setting.

What I did was completely reasonable and likely the intended way to play the gamemode. Anything less would imply the antag has little incentive to avoid getting caught and there was no logical reason not to destroy an item that can only be used by a heretic. He still had the ability to play the round and even perform some antagonist stuff (and in a normal round he would've been able to resume his abilities if he managed to catch another heretic, but he was likely a result of a tc trade) and while we had mercy for James, his antagonist is based around gibbing people and when james deemed me a threat to him he had no issue permanently removing me. As an antagonist who grows in power when left unchecked, checking him as early as possible is how you're supposed to combat them, and the fact that with his items returned to him he was unstoppable and gibbed several others and cremated me. If the antagonist is designed to be extremely unkind to other players and to be best stopped as soon as possible, being kind enough to leave him alive and still able to act as an antag and in normal rounds possibly regain their abilities is more than enough mercy. flat out giving the items back to james was a spit in the face to me and the other officers involved in his arrest and lead to my death, the deaths of 4+ innocents who were his targets, and the only reason my fellow officer wasn't a victim as well is because he had the objective to protect him.



User avatar
RaveRadbury
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:41 am
Location: BK ChatZone
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: [Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Postby RaveRadbury » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:42 am #565897

You deep fried a new antag's necessary gear and ate it at the 30 minute mark.

I had a conversation with you that you didn't get noted for.

You spent the next hour and a half valid hunting them with lethals and filling John Mooney with buckshot and chloral.

  • What happened: a fun round that d-chat enjoyed, a new antag had RP conversations with sec (when you weren't busy TPing in and valid hunting him), an antag informed med on how to revive victims and provided the bodies. Really great action sequences that you were a part of.
  • What would have happened if I didn't intervene: boring, no witness of the new antag experience.

Deep frying people's stuff and eating it in front of them is a massive dick move. You did something unfair and in bad taste, I made the necessary corrections and everyone had a good time.
Last edited by RaveRadbury on Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
How's my administrating? Call 1-800-RADBURY
ImageImageImage
Heart Emoji ~ Winter Ball Queen 2019

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: [Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Postby confused rock » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:58 am #565900

I thought I don't have anything else to say as I stand by everything I said, but saying I went around critting my team mates is absurd. James was hiding in a mech and I shot it with lethal force after he refused to eject because james proved impossible to arrest non lethally after he gained the ability to jaunt every five seconds. what I didn't know is that james was hiding john in the mech's sleeper pod and he ejected john. both of them were figures in black and I shot him once because I thought it was james before stopping to reassess the situation, only continuing to pursue james after he ordered the ai to murder me. I don't see how the 30 minute mark is relevant, but if it is it's a justification for me for the same reason I said earlier. we confiscated it at that time because we caught james at that time, but because he's an antagonist that grows in power when unchecked, it's intended for security to try to crack down on them as fast as possible. I did the right thing in stopping him early in the round. If what I did was so clearly in the wrong, you don't have to act like I went around shooting my teammates in the face validhunting, when I was even reluctant to pursue james at times because my coworkers were trying to talk to him. I backed off several times and only started going after james after he had literally gibbed people.

User avatar
RaveRadbury
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:41 am
Location: BK ChatZone
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: [Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Postby RaveRadbury » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:07 am #565904

Apologies, it seems that John Mooney is the one who suffered the brunt of your friendly fire. I will edit my previous post so that the incorrect statement "critting your teammates" is changed to "filling John Mooney with buckshot and chloral."

Attack logs from that round. Searched on Scrubby with the search "Is-A-Lizard John Mooney"
Spoiler:
Code: Select all
09:27:36   ATTACK   NoxVS/(James Knox) has pulled from The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) with John Mooney (NEWHP: 85)   (67, 95, 2)   Port Quarter Maintenance
10:09:15   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has shot Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the syringe REAGENTS:Chloral Hydrate (15) (NEWHP: 79.6)   (114, 77, 2)   Aft Maintenance
10:09:23   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has grabbed Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) passive grab (NEWHP: 75.5)   (113, 76, 2)   Aft Maintenance
10:09:26   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has grabbed Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) passive grab (NEWHP: 75.5)   (116, 77, 2)   Aft Maintenance
10:09:38   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has grabbed Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) passive grab (NEWHP: 75.5)   (113, 77, 2)   Aft Maintenance
10:09:59   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has transferred reagents (no reagents) from the multiver pill (10u) to Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) (NEWHP: 83.7)   (102, 108, 2)   Medbay Central
10:09:59   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has shaken Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) (NEWHP: 83.9)   (102, 108, 2)   Medbay Central
10:10:02   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has shaken Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) (NEWHP: 88.9)   (103, 109, 2)   Medbay Central
10:10:03   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has shaken Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) (NEWHP: 89.6)   (103, 109, 2)   Medbay Central
10:29:15   ATTACK   Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) has stunned The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) (NEWHP: 17.8)   (136, 96, 2)   Secondary Starboard Maintenance
10:29:27   ATTACK   Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) has shaken The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) (NEWHP: 18)   (136, 95, 2)   Secondary Starboard Maintenance
10:34:12   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has fired at Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet from Medbay Treatment Center (NEWHP: 69.7)   (86, 101, 2)   Medbay Treatment Center
10:34:12   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has shot Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet (NEWHP: 69.7)   (86, 101, 2)   Medbay Treatment Center
10:34:12   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has fired at Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet from Medbay Treatment Center (NEWHP: 57.2)   (86, 101, 2)   Medbay Treatment Center
10:34:12   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has shot Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet (NEWHP: 57.2)   (86, 101, 2)   Medbay Treatment Center
10:34:12   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has fired at Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet from Medbay Treatment Center (NEWHP: 44.7)   (86, 101, 2)   Medbay Treatment Center
10:34:12   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has shot Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet (NEWHP: 44.7)   (86, 101, 2)   Medbay Treatment Center
10:34:12   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has fired at Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet from Medbay Treatment Center (NEWHP: 32.2)   (86, 101, 2)   Medbay Treatment Center
10:34:12   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has shot Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet (NEWHP: 32.2)   (86, 101, 2)   Medbay Treatment Center
10:34:12   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has fired at Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet from Medbay Treatment Center (NEWHP: 19.7)   (86, 101, 2)   Medbay Treatment Center
10:34:12   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has shot Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet (NEWHP: 19.7)   (86, 101, 2)   Medbay Treatment Center
10:34:12   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has fired at Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet from Medbay Treatment Center (NEWHP: 7.2)   (86, 101, 2)   Medbay Treatment Center
10:34:12   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has shot Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet (NEWHP: 7.2)   (86, 101, 2)   Medbay Treatment Center
10:48:45   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has shot Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet (NEWHP: 92)   (89, 89, 2)   Medbay Central
10:48:45   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has shot Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet (NEWHP: 79.5)   (89, 89, 2)   Medbay Central
10:48:45   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has shot Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet (NEWHP: 67)   (89, 89, 2)   Medbay Central
10:48:45   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has shot Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet (NEWHP: 54.5)   (89, 89, 2)   Medbay Central
10:48:45   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has shot Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet (NEWHP: 42)   (89, 89, 2)   Medbay Central
10:48:45   ATTACK   The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard) has shot Ze Doctor/(John Mooney) with the buckshot pellet (NEWHP: 29.5)   (89, 89, 2)   Medbay Central


one shot of chloral, two separate buckshottings about 15 minutes apart.
Last edited by RaveRadbury on Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
How's my administrating? Call 1-800-RADBURY
ImageImageImage
Heart Emoji ~ Winter Ball Queen 2019

User avatar
RaveRadbury
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:41 am
Location: BK ChatZone
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: [Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Postby RaveRadbury » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:23 am #565906

The point of MRP is to have a fun story, this is part of why MRP Rule 6 exists. Therefore, it is not the purpose of sec to rush down and totally rout antags as fast as mechanically possible. If you want high mechanical gameplay, you are welcome to play on any of the other servers.

You routed an antag at 30 minutes, in what is intended to be a 90 minute round (actually ended up being 2+ hours). I acted in the best interest of the round, and I think the logs demonstrate that it went well.

Having said this, I do not think that this round is appropriate to define precedent with.
How's my administrating? Call 1-800-RADBURY
ImageImageImage
Heart Emoji ~ Winter Ball Queen 2019

PostThis post was deleted by Arianya on Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:23 pm.
Reason: Peanut posting/argumentation.

PostThis post was deleted by Arianya on Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:23 pm.
Reason: Peanut posting/argumentation.

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: [Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Postby confused rock » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:16 am #565942

Thrax, note that we caught them before they had killed anyone (though they're an antag that does have the objective of killing several people and they did so with the gear afterwards). and that unlike with most antags taking their gear basically destroys them. it sucks to lose your esword but you don't need your gear as traitor to do stuff.

PostThis post was deleted by Arianya on Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:23 pm.
Reason: Peanut posting/argumentation.

User avatar
Stickymayhem
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:13 pm
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: [Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Postby Stickymayhem » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:22 am #565946

I think you've also forgotten:

10. Losing is part of the game.
Your character will frequently die, sometimes without even a possibility of avoiding it. Events will often be out of your control. No matter how good or prepared you are, sometimes you just lose.


The antag lost fair and square and frankly got off lightly compared to being killed. If you were running this antag as an event and desperately wanted to keep them in the round you could have done an on-theme response to help them restore their powers or escape. Even that is iffy frankly but it's still better than an OOC intervention, the least RP possible response.
Image

Image

Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be

User avatar
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: The Verge of Irrelevancy
Byond Username: NoxVS

Re: [Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Postby NoxVS » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:54 am #565947

confused rock wrote:I decide it'd be more engaging for me to fry and eat them in front of james' face

confused rock wrote:flat out giving the items back to james was a spit in the face to me and the other officers involved in his arrest

The other officer in the arrest was actually going to have a talk with me and the captain. Captain was about to arrive to begin talking when you walked in and decided to eat the items. What was going to be an engaging RP opportunity for security, potentially others after, instead ended immediately. The officer who you say this was a spit in the face of started to ask why you would do this and was talking about how there was zero reason to do that. Multiple people were disappointed and even though I was given my items back you still had a massive advantage over me in the form of the tracking implant you used to repeatedly teleport to me to try and kill me.

Stickymayhem wrote:Frankly this whole thing looks like you wanted to try out a new antag, babysat them and spoon fed them the whole round and then got salty by proxy when they were rightly and fairly disable NON-LETHALLY.

There wasn't any further intervention after talking to Rock and giving me new gear because I was caught and everything was destroyed 25 minutes into the round before I had even done anything. The rest of the round security was after me for justified reasons, but at the time of being "rightly and fairly disabled" all I had down was put the rune down and ran, trying to use my only (extremely weak) ability to slow the people pursuing me.

PostThis post was deleted by Arianya on Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:23 pm.
Reason: Peanut posting/argumentation.

PostThis post was deleted by Arianya on Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:23 pm.
Reason: Peanut posting/argumentation.

Jack7D1
 
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:00 am
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Re: [Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Postby Jack7D1 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:47 am #565970

Rock, you spent the entire round chasing and validhunting the chaplain. I don't think once even said a word to him.

PostThis post was deleted by Arianya on Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:23 pm.
Reason: Peanut posting/argumentation.

User avatar
RaveRadbury
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:41 am
Location: BK ChatZone
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: [Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Postby RaveRadbury » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:24 pm #565994

Cobby wrote:rave should have spawned the heretic book in the evidence lockers rather than on the person if they cared about upholding the no delete bit, which I think is fine for manuel.

This is the mistake that I made here. It was lazy and thoughtless of me to spawn the book (and heart) at the feet of the (released and implanted) antag. I should have spawned the book only in an evidence locker like sec should have when they processed, implanted, and released him. I think that despite my error here that the round still went well and people had fun, Rock included.

bobbahbrown wrote:you can make new hearts with a ritual on a rune, but you'd need the rune to begin with

its like a poppy and a normal heart i think iirc

As Bobbah pointed out (it also takes a pool of blood), the heart could have been remade, so I over corrected when I spawned a new heart and a new book. This is a result of my lack of knowledge with the role and my first time observing its execution. I should have at least read the wiki page before I did anything.
How's my administrating? Call 1-800-RADBURY
ImageImageImage
Heart Emoji ~ Winter Ball Queen 2019

PostThis post was deleted by Arianya on Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:23 pm.
Reason: Peanut posting/argumentation.

PostThis post was deleted by Arianya on Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:24 pm.
Reason: Response to deleted.

User avatar
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:27 am
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Postby Arianya » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:26 pm #566015

A reminder, that much as in ban appeals, peanut policy applies here. I've had to delete a lot of posts from people who should know better, including administrators, throwing around argumentation.

If you feel there is an issue with broad policy, that is what policy discussion is for. If you just want to give your 2 cents on a appeal/complaint that's what peanut threads are for.

I would have preferred to keep content that might have been edging on the spirit of peanut exemptions but there was so much posting that was bad that I've just gone with salting the earth to maybe have this be readable to the headmins who have to deal with it.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

User avatar
Not-Dorsidarf
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Space outside the Brig
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: [Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:28 pm #566017

Incidentally, after the guy got his gear confiscated and implanted for being too obvious I ran a short event with his giant murder rune in maintenance where the clown accidentally turned himself into a banana man after doing a joke banana ritual for the detective who was investigating the giant sigil. Didn't know that the person (Who I believe TC traded for this from regular traitor?) subsequently went on a boring murder spree to kill anyone who could stop him.
Image
Image

User avatar
RaveRadbury
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:41 am
Location: BK ChatZone
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: [Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Postby RaveRadbury » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:35 pm #566019

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Incidentally, after the guy got his gear confiscated and implanted for being too obvious I ran a short event with his giant murder rune in maintenance where the clown accidentally turned himself into a banana man after doing a joke banana ritual for the detective who was investigating the giant sigil. Didn't know that the person (Who I believe TC traded for this from regular traitor?) subsequently went on a boring murder spree to kill anyone who could stop him.

He didn't go on a boring murder spree. He killed the four targets that his objectives told him to, either left the brains/heads at his rune (outside of medbay) or inside of medbay. There were moments when targets knew that they were targeted and there was a bunch of counterplay and chest puffing. He cremated two players that constantly attacked him without any dialogue. If he needed anything else, he sac'ed catatonics. He didn't even ascend until meteors were announced and the shuttle was called.

Knox did a much better job with this role than I thought he would. He found time to talk to people, presented reasoning for why he had to do what he had to, and just generally demonstrated good sportsmanship. I wish there was more back and forth between sec and antags like what was seen in this round, rather than the steamrolls and stomps that we are used to seeing.
How's my administrating? Call 1-800-RADBURY
ImageImageImage
Heart Emoji ~ Winter Ball Queen 2019

User avatar
Not-Dorsidarf
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Space outside the Brig
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: [Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:34 pm #566028

RaveRadbury wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Incidentally, after the guy got his gear confiscated and implanted for being too obvious I ran a short event with his giant murder rune in maintenance where the clown accidentally turned himself into a banana man after doing a joke banana ritual for the detective who was investigating the giant sigil. Didn't know that the person (Who I believe TC traded for this from regular traitor?) subsequently went on a boring murder spree to kill anyone who could stop him.

He didn't go on a boring murder spree. He killed the four targets that his objectives told him to, either left the brains/heads at his rune (outside of medbay) or inside of medbay. There were moments when targets knew that they were targeted and there was a bunch of counterplay and chest puffing. He cremated two players that constantly attacked him without any dialogue. If he needed anything else, he sac'ed catatonics. He didn't even ascend until meteors were announced and the shuttle was called.

Knox did a much better job with this role than I thought he would. He found time to talk to people, presented reasoning for why he had to do what he had to, and just generally demonstrated good sportsmanship. I wish there was more back and forth between sec and antags like what was seen in this round, rather than the steamrolls and stomps that we are used to seeing.


Thats a fair response, I wasn't here for the later stages of the round.
Image
Image

User avatar
RaveRadbury
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:41 am
Location: BK ChatZone
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: [Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Postby RaveRadbury » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:16 pm #566217

Speaking of Dorsidwarf

Code: Select all
[2020-06-14 21:36:20.661] ADMIN: 21:36:20.661] ADMIN: DSAY: Dorsidwarf/(Dren-Keera) "Wait they confiscated and deep fried his antag items?" (Brig (111, 165, 2))
[2020-06-14 21:37:35.459] ADMIN: 21:37:35.459] ADMIN: DSAY: Dorsidwarf/(Dren-Keera) "Would be a shame if as soon as he leaves their sight i drop a droppod with a replacement on his head" (Port Maintenance (81, 114, 2))

I wasn't alone in thinking that the situation was unfair and in need of adjustment.

logs here
How's my administrating? Call 1-800-RADBURY
ImageImageImage
Heart Emoji ~ Winter Ball Queen 2019

User avatar
RaveRadbury
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:41 am
Location: BK ChatZone
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: [Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Postby RaveRadbury » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:33 pm #566595

Seeing as the contents of the ticket are called into question by the original post and are not easily accessible I will provide them here in screenshot and raw.

rockticket.png


Here's the raws
Spoiler:
Code: Select all
[2020-06-14 21:45:33.392] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RaveRadbury/(Lizzie Wazei-Druja)->The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard): deep frying the heretic stuff is an MRP rule 6. We've hardly passed the 30 minute mark. You could have at least confiscated so there was a chance of counter-play.
[2020-06-14 21:45:44.471] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard)->RaveRadbury/(Lizzie Wazei-Druja): there is, he can steal it from others.
[2020-06-14 21:46:54.974] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RaveRadbury/(Lizzie Wazei-Druja)->The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard): are you fr metagaming the mode that can't even be selected by secret rn
[2020-06-14 21:47:21.274] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard)->RaveRadbury/(Lizzie Wazei-Druja): what do you mean metagaming it? I'm allowed to understand how antags work.
[2020-06-14 21:47:42.655] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard)->RaveRadbury/(Lizzie Wazei-Druja): I didn't even check if it couldn't be selected by secret.
[2020-06-14 21:48:04.297] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RaveRadbury/(Lizzie Wazei-Druja)->The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard): I'm saying it's an individual antag and should be treated as such. You don't know how many other heretics spawned. You can't make that call with certainty.
[2020-06-14 21:48:28.336] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RaveRadbury/(Lizzie Wazei-Druja)->The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard): Deep frying is one of the biggest LRP dick moves.
[2020-06-14 21:48:55.600] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard)->RaveRadbury/(Lizzie Wazei-Druja): go on then
[2020-06-14 21:49:36.940] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RaveRadbury/(Lizzie Wazei-Druja)->The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard): ?
[2020-06-14 21:49:43.995] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard)->RaveRadbury/(Lizzie Wazei-Druja): I just have nothing else to say.
[2020-06-14 21:52:03.188] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RaveRadbury/(Lizzie Wazei-Druja)->The unloved rock/(Is-A-Lizard): I'm going to treat this as a one-off. Please don't shut out antags like this.
[2020-06-14 21:52:11.046] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #5 resolved by RaveRadbury/(Lizzie Wazei-Druja)
How's my administrating? Call 1-800-RADBURY
ImageImageImage
Heart Emoji ~ Winter Ball Queen 2019

User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: [Raveradbury]The unloved Rock - took manuel rule 6 to unreasonable extreme

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:07 am #569431

If a security officer catches an antagonist with equipment which lets them kill people, there is not really an issue with them confiscating it or getting rid of it. In this case frying it. Rule 5/6 of the roleplay rules does not extend to this situation. The reason being the antagonist was released unharmed. We have discussed this with Rave and he is understanding of the reasoning therein.

Additionally, we do not take much issue with Rave choosing to spawn new gear for the antagonist, as he has stated he should have made them go through more effort to re-acquire it. Admins are also there to drive the round forward, and we believe it was in the spirit of this that Rave took the action of spawning additional gear for the antagonist.

This complaint is upheld in that Rave should not have bwoinked you for the action you took. We believe no further action is necessary beyond the discussion we already had with him.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Uphold.
Phuzzylodgik: Uphold.
TWATICUS: Uphold.


Return to Successful Complaints

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users