[Shaps] - Doesn't Maintain Professional Composure

Saege Tilth
Byond Username: Ulrichenstein

[Shaps] - Doesn't Maintain Professional Composure

Post by Saege Tilth » #597819

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): In-game, Sybil
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Ulrichenstein, Arron Danny Harry
Admin: Shaps
Round ID: 160087
Detailed Summary: Under admin conduct in the general admin guidelines section, line two states, "Maintain professional conduct both in game and outside of the game. It is expected that you take the position seriously. This doesn't mean you can't talk casually to the playerbase, but remain professional on the forums, as well as on other Space Station 13 communities."

During the round, the AI had refused to obey law 2 when I had told the AI to open the door to virology while I had a virus. After about five minutes and when I repeated the order to the AI twice, I began hitting the door with a fireman axe. I was the head of security and head a staff headset on high volume, so I know the AI heard my message. When a random antagonist came by and killed me because I was fully exposed in the hall way, the AI was clearly watching me and I could see them in the ghost cam after my ghost left my body. My death was quick since the antagonist used an energy saber to kill me. Somehow the AI was incapable of hearing me ask to open a door twice, yet heard me when I was screaming for help. This was negligent on the AI's behalf and my death could have been avoided and should be held liable for my death, since they refused to open the door when asked in violation of their laws.

I report this issue to shaps, who then uses the mere idea that I made a rule suggestion to completely dismiss the report as an IC issue, calling me a bitch when sending me the message. This has nothing to do with changing a rule as much as it did to merely enforce a rule. Instead, shaps called me a bitch. Being an admin is a decision, one which shaps had to apply for willingly knowing that in the admin conduct it states that they're suppose to maintain a professional conduct. This isn't professional and is also taking my report out of context to dismiss my report merely because of meta knowledge and not because of the context of my report which is that the AI didn't actually open a door for me.

Disclaimer, READ BELOW

This specific report against shaps is specifically about their lack of professional conduct. Most admins and peanut gallery have a tendency of trying to take things out of context merely because there's other details. I'm in no way saying that shaps should have punished the AI after they ruled it an IC issue, as that was an IC issue that the AI player had selective hearing in real life and is somehow still able to play AI without a single note on their account. Shaps isn't a professional admin.

Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Re: [Shaps] - Doesn't Maintain Professional Composure

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #597823

Can you post a link to the ticket in question? You can find the ticket in question and make it public here: https://atlantaned.space/banbus/mytickets
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Saege Tilth

Post by Saege Tilth » #597824

Atlanta-Ned wrote:Can you post a link to the ticket in question? You can find the ticket in question and make it public here: https://atlantaned.space/banbus/mytickets
https://atlantaned.space/banbus/ticket/91d6d5986404199c
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #597827

Alright, I can admit that my response there was pretty unprofessional, and I apologize for that. I was frustrated from another ticket I had been handling at the same time, and became more frustrated when I saw that this ticket was turning from "I need help with this specific situation" into something with a much wider scope, but I shouldn't have made it your problem like that. It's not cool to use bullying to dismiss a ticket even when I think it's something non-actionable, and I'll avoid putting other people in the same spot in the future.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Saege Tilth

Post by Saege Tilth » #597837

Shaps-cloud wrote:Alright, I can admit that my response there was pretty unprofessional, and I apologize for that. I was frustrated from another ticket I had been handling at the same time, and became more frustrated when I saw that this ticket was turning from "I need help with this specific situation" into something with a much wider scope, but I shouldn't have made it your problem like that. It's not cool to use bullying to dismiss a ticket even when I think it's something non-actionable, and I'll avoid putting other people in the same spot in the future.
I appreciate the apology. Getting called a bitch isn't something that shocks me. I won't deny that I myself am holding others to a high standard, maybe too high. This is just a game and I have to remind myself of that from time to time. This isn't a human resource center or a federal institution with professional magistrates. Therefore I apologize as well for being passive aggressive.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #599527

We agree that shap's conduct in this ticket was too aggressive for what we'd like to see when administrators handle ahelps. We're glad to see that they agree with you on this point, and we've touched base with them on this as well. We will be upholding this complaint, and ask they refrain from this conduct in ahelps for the future.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Uphold.
Jimmius: Uphold.
Naloac: Uphold.