[Stickymayhem] Another amazingly awful event

LNGLY
Byond Username: LNGLY

[Stickymayhem] Another amazingly awful event

Post by LNGLY » #87086

Admin: Stickymayhem
Time incident occured: Last round
Detailed summary: We're informed in OOC that the bomb cap will be raised for the next round. Next round comes and almost immediately someone start bluespace artillery-ing the station apart. Sticky spawns himself or someone else as an ERT who runs across the station pulse pistolling people to death in the halls.

The shuttle is called by someone and the timer is extended so that the artillery can continue. This lasts for forty minutes.

This kind of shit is beyond old. We've gone past the point of feedback -- at this point the adminstrators in question understand that we don't want these retarded 'events' but they keep doing them, over and over, during primetime when the server actually has all its roles filled. The only thing that's going to work is if some sort of punishment is given out but since that's happened only like three times in the past seven years of admin complaints, I doubt anything will happen here either.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Re: [Stickymayhem] Another amazingly awful event

Post by Scones » #87089

The man in the ERT gear was QuartzCrystal, and operated independently of what Sticky was doing.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #87090

My contribution to this event was cutting up escape and chapel maint with a meteor, then building a big gun ship with bluespace and using it to throw literally space dust at the station.

Also the shuttle was extended by less than three minutes.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #87091

Fucking up the station with bombs and meteors ruined any hope of the round being decent, and forced an ASAP shuttle call.

Le centcom blew up the station xD is not an event, christ.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #87093

How many of these threads are we gonna have?
An event that fails to be fun is one thing, but an event that's deliberately fun only at the playerbases expense is ridonkulous.
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #87097

Sticky you might to cool it on station destructive events, like at all. Meteors are one thing by BS Arty and some random admin with ERT killing people is just plain retarded.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #87100

"We don't need rules about events because we're reasonable people and will stop doing dumb ones now that guys asked stop pretending we have a legal system and taking things so seriously"

"I cant let one edge case of player behavior slip by or else we will ride a slippery slope to an evenr horizon of grief Space Law and RP are the glue that hold our server together"
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #87101

Cheridan wrote:Fucking up the station with bombs and meteors ruined any hope of the round being decent, and forced an ASAP shuttle call.

Le centcom blew up the station xD is not an event, christ.
Second this
I think it's time we stop running events, sticky, I think you should talk with the other headmins about regulating events from now on, instead of just at any admins whim.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
E.Goulart
Byond Username: E.Goulart

Post by E.Goulart » #87106

Lag, destruction and murder all over the place. Was there any point of this event that we should be thankful for?
I would and I do get punished by such shitty admins for way, way less than this mass destruction and murderbone garbage nobody asked for at all. So, all of the brilliant admins that took part on this 'event' surely do need a well deserved punishment. That ain't a brainer.
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #87107

In the past we've removed features from staff when they've been known to abuse them, I don't see why this case should be any different.

If another "event" is thrust upon the round that contributes nothing save for Sticky's amusement just strip away the buttons for a detention period. Persisting further should lead to getting the boot from Headmin status.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #87109

dude i'm not saying that we need to not run events

just don't make them "blow up the station and then escalate into a deathsquad" like every event ever that pisses people off
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #87113

Cheridan wrote:dude i'm not saying that we need to not run events

just don't make them "blow up the station and then escalate into a deathsquad" like every event ever that pisses people off
Seconding this. Would be like removing toxins because someone was non antag kept bombing the station instead of just banning the person.

Which is literally what happened. One person went on a murderspree and the other blew everything up, why is that being treated as an "event" instead of straight up griefing?
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #87114

Should I just accept being the scapegoat of this.

I guess so.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #87116

Stickymayhem wrote:Should I just accept being the scapegoat of this.

I guess so.
In what way are you a scapegoat?
Was it someone elses idea?
Did someone else carry it out?
Do you blame the gunmen?
Are you ever going to answer what security is supposed to do with threats when the brig is gone?
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #87141

Alright, randomly BSA'ing the station is not an event. This is ridiculous
ERT are not there to kill people with pulse pistols either, and if you give them an objective to do so that is equally awful.
However this complaint may have been directed towards the wrong admin, I'm going to look through the server logs and see what happened.

In the future it should be a bit easier for you guys to pull this stuff up when MSO finishes his log system which will allow you to see who is mashing buttons.
But yeah there also needs some sort of basic standard for events, and a harsher punishment for not following those guidelines. Deadminning really is appropriate, your given a lot of power over players and you aren't supposed to fuck around with it all the time because you can.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #87142

SoS used to have a temporary Badmin rank that just removed buttons.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #87144

The events of this round are really as follows.
It seems sticky at some point in the round threw a meteor into the station a tungaska his reasons why I guess are his to explain.
This is the only questionable thing I seen from him.
Bluespace was randomly BSA'ing people and injecting people with hell-water for which if you don't know is guaranteed death.
I assume Quartz or another admin spawned the ERT
Both parties should come and explain the reasoning behind this, and why things happened as they did.
Vekter wrote:SoS used to have a temporary Badmin rank that just removed buttons.
I'm not really inclined to tolerate shit through button removal.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #87146

Wow this thread completely leaves out a lot of information.

Centcom sent a message from Steve, from accounting, and it was an email that he meant to send to his mother. It was an embarrassing email where Steve detailed how he is bullied at work and cries and eats his lunch on the toilet. Steve embarrassingly explained to the station that he didn't meant to do this, etc etc.

Members of the crew then proceed to talk over comms about how Steve's mom is a fat cunt and a few messages were sent directly from the comms consoles telling Steve that his mother is a fat whore, etc etc. Steve then gets angrier and angrier, BSAing several crew members who habitually continue to insult his mother.

People continued to pick on Steve and he then bombed the station, at this point it's worth saying that this was a few admins doing this. The crew was told that if they continued to insult Steve's mom he would bomb the station. The station ended up being bombed a few times and then Steve was fired from Centcom and was able to get onto the station, Steve was then killed and Centcom explained they were sorry that a mommy's boy like Steve should have never been hired in the first place and the crew should just do what they wish with him (which they did).

I controlled Steve (who was dressed up in ERT gear) and fired some shots, he was promptly killed. Bluespace was chewed out by Sticky for injecting hellwater into a person and promptly healed him after. There was not a single complaint during this entire process. People continued to play along with bullying Steve, even after he was BSAing people.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #87148

Sometinyprick wrote:and injecting people with hell-water for which if you don't know is guaranteed death.
Actually no, it just lights you on fire. Occasionally if I see chefs making a ton of food i'll var color one of his food items red and rename it "Extra Spicy ____" and put 1u of hellwater in it.
You take a bite, you catch on fire, by the time you drop and roll the reagent has already passed and you put yourself out normally, maybe 2 or 3 burn damage out of it. Something like 10u would probably kill you though.

However there was an incident once with a captain and a HoP that stole the extra spicy enchiladas and started force feeding confirmed traitors while they were bucklecuffed.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #87150

[14:00:20]ADMIN: QuartzCrystal/(Jebidiah Redbull) has created a command report: Dear Mother,

The other men picked on me again today. They told me that Fist Array IV is a retard's station and that I only have my job at Centcom because I suck too many dicks.

I made sure they didn't see me cry while I finished my lunch on the toilet. I miss you dearly, happy mother's day.

Your little man, forever

- Steve
[14:00:47]ADMIN: QuartzCrystal/(Jebidiah Redbull) has created a command report: Oh fuck I did NOT mean to send that to you guys. Please do not tell the other fellas about this!
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #87152

QuartzCrystal wrote:Wow this thread completely leaves out a lot of information.

Centcom sent a message from Steve, from accounting, and it was an email that he meant to send to his mother. It was an embarrassing email where Steve detailed how he is bullied at work and cries and eats his lunch on the toilet. Steve embarrassingly explained to the station that he didn't meant to do this, etc etc.

Members of the crew then proceed to talk over comms about how Steve's mom is a fat cunt and a few messages were sent directly from the comms consoles telling Steve that his mother is a fat whore, etc etc. Steve then gets angrier and angrier, BSAing several crew members who habitually continue to insult his mother.

People continued to pick on Steve and he then bombed the station, at this point it's worth saying that this was a few admins doing this. The crew was told that if they continued to insult Steve's mom he would bomb the station. The station ended up being bombed a few times and then Steve was fired from Centcom and was able to get onto the station, Steve was then killed and Centcom explained they were sorry that a mommy's boy like Steve should have never been hired in the first place and the crew should just do what they wish with him (which they did).

I controlled Steve (who was dressed up in ERT gear) and fired some shots, he was promptly killed. Bluespace was chewed out by Sticky for injecting hellwater into a person and promptly healed him after. There was not a single complaint during this entire process. People continued to play along with bullying Steve, even after he was BSAing people.
Throwing down BSA rounds on people isn't really the best response, but it seems the player involved understood what was happening. Unless anyone affected feels different about it?
That doesn't explain the meteors though which were thrown in near escape, the hell water was one hundred units and lethal I didn't see any real justification behind that but I guess bluespace and sticky could tell me more.
Shooting up random people is ehh.. sure there might be some people going along with it but the moment you move away from specific reactions to certain people to a general sort of revenge like that you are affecting people who don't really want to be involved.
Seriously bombing the shit out of the station because three or four people are insulting some guy is going to affect everyone who did this specifically? I only looked through the logs for bluespace and sticky.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #87159

There were quite a few people insulting Steve's mother. It was a goofy thing. As I said, the hell-water thing was quickly rectified (logs should show Sticky reviving them shortly after). As Steve I purposefully was trying to alert the crew that I was a threat, but wasn't actively trying to harm anyone. Steve's story had to end with his death at the hands of his bullys IMO. I don't believe anyone was actually harmed by the bombs. They only happened after myself, Sticky, HBL and Bluespace all agreed the crew were being far too mean to Steve about his mother.

We honestly had one round where things got wacky with admin involvement. No one adminhelp'd during the round to complain and from what I saw in deadchat, LNGLY was the only one who had an issue with what happened in the round. I was under the impression that the players who were constantly calling Steve's mom a fat whore and getting BSA'd were having fun.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #87173

QuartzCrystal wrote:There were quite a few people insulting Steve's mother. It was a goofy thing. As I said, the hell-water thing was quickly rectified (logs should show Sticky reviving them shortly after). As Steve I purposefully was trying to alert the crew that I was a threat, but wasn't actively trying to harm anyone. Steve's story had to end with his death at the hands of his bullys IMO. I don't believe anyone was actually harmed by the bombs. They only happened after myself, Sticky, HBL and Bluespace all agreed the crew were being far too mean to Steve about his mother.

We honestly had one round where things got wacky with admin involvement. No one adminhelp'd during the round to complain and from what I saw in deadchat, LNGLY was the only one who had an issue with what happened in the round. I was under the impression that the players who were constantly calling Steve's mom a fat whore and getting BSA'd were having fun.
From what I see in this thread not everyone seems to agree.
The issue with the hell water may have been rectified but it's still an issue.

In particular what is going to come from this is as follows.
We are going to have a talk about Bluespace as apparently this has been one of many problems. Stickymayhem and myself are finding the button pushing and general attitude to have gone a little far, not sure what is going to happen we will see.

As for events like this?
Sticky agreed with me that they need to stop, I will write up a general guideline tomorrow but essentially shitty events involving button smashing without a sane reason are going to stop

In this case the use of bombs and meteors to recreate the effect of shelling and bombing, it isn't really good at all but the majority of players apparently enjoyed the interaction between steve and the crew. Of course if anyone who was playing that round feels differently then please do say. In the future a better approach other than bomb the ever living shit out of them because insults should be taken, because it's not really a very interesting approach.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #87176

QuartzCrystal wrote: I controlled Steve (who was dressed up in ERT gear) and fired some shots, he was promptly killed. Bluespace was chewed out by Sticky for injecting hellwater into a person and promptly healed him after.
I wish I could just have the admin tell me to cut it out and heal the guy after I killed him instead of getting a ban.

I'm not being sarcastic either I genuinely wish more issues were handled like that for players
Fr05tByt3
Byond Username: Fr05tByt3

Post by Fr05tByt3 » #87229

Kor wrote:
QuartzCrystal wrote: I controlled Steve (who was dressed up in ERT gear) and fired some shots, he was promptly killed. Bluespace was chewed out by Sticky for injecting hellwater into a person and promptly healed him after.
I wish I could just have the admin tell me to cut it out and heal the guy after I killed him instead of getting a ban.

I'm not being sarcastic either I genuinely wish more issues were handled like that for players
This.
It's a less serious version of a cop shooting someone and getting reamed by his superior officers rather than being charged like anyone else would.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #87234

Kor wrote:

Usually I try to get everyone back into the round somehow if they aren't 100% assravaged and things weren't done maliciously.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Post by Arete » #87271

Sometinyprick wrote:In this case the use of bombs and meteors to recreate the effect of shelling and bombing, it isn't really good at all but the majority of players apparently enjoyed the interaction between steve and the crew. Of course if anyone who was playing that round feels differently then please do say. In the future a better approach other than bomb the ever living shit out of them because insults should be taken, because it's not really a very interesting approach.
I don't think "no one adminhelped it" can be taken to mean "the majority of players apparently enjoyed it." If it's clear that the admins are the ones abusing you, your first instinct isn't going to be to ask them for help about it.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #87283

Arete wrote:
Sometinyprick wrote:In this case the use of bombs and meteors to recreate the effect of shelling and bombing, it isn't really good at all but the majority of players apparently enjoyed the interaction between steve and the crew. Of course if anyone who was playing that round feels differently then please do say. In the future a better approach other than bomb the ever living shit out of them because insults should be taken, because it's not really a very interesting approach.
I don't think "no one adminhelped it" can be taken to mean "the majority of players apparently enjoyed it." If it's clear that the admins are the ones abusing you, your first instinct isn't going to be to ask them for help about it.
I said apparently, and gave anyone who played the opportunity to say they didn't enjoy it. The thread was linked in OOC

However it's already been agreed that these kind of events need to go.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #87303

We're informed in OOC that the bomb cap will be raised for the next round. Next round comes and almost immediately someone start bluespace artillery-ing the station apart. Sticky spawns himself or someone else as an ERT who runs across the station pulse pistolling people to death in the halls.

The shuttle is called by someone and the timer is extended so that the artillery can continue. This lasts for forty minutes.
Lets break that down shall we.
We're informed in OOC that the bomb cap will be raised for the next round.
So far so good.
Next round comes and almost immediately someone start bluespace artillery-ing the station apart.
"almost immediately" Stands out here, this doesn't seem to coincide with other statements. The use of "the station apart" when it was targeted at people, and in one general area also stands out.
... someone else as an ERT who runs across the station pulse pistolling people to death in the halls.
"pulse pistolling people to death in the halls."

Hmm..... That seems like goes past leaving something out, or exaggeration.

I'm gonna go check logs to verify QC's statement, but that part right there concerns the fuck out of me, because It seems like now you are flat out lying to stir up drama, and that's not gonna go without consequences.

As to the events that occurred. I don't know, do I have a say in this? As I've given my opinion I've gotten push back that I shouldn't, (you know, unless it's what everybody wanted to hear).
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #87323

I BSA'd two places who made announcements about aforementioned mother.
You're welcome to demote me to Badmin rank to remove all my buttons. I don't use them well anyway.
I play Boris Pepper.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #87326

MrStonedOne wrote: "pulse pistolling people to death in the halls."

Hmm..... That seems like goes past leaving something out, or exaggeration.

I'm gonna go check logs to verify QC's statement, but that part right there concerns the fuck out of me, because It seems like now you are flat out lying to stir up drama, and that's not gonna go without consequences.
To be fair, I was yelling "THIS IS FOR MY MOMMY!" and firing into hallways to grab people's attention before I was promptly disarmed (I then ran away with an e-sword) and then beaten to death by a mob.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #87327

LNGLY I did quite explicitly explain that the event you complained about wasn't my event so I'm not sure why you slapped my name on it.
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #87337

Well, uh, buddy you're a headmin. You're kind of partially in charge of admins and making sure they don't run events that just blow the station apart, it's not just making great policies and getting bitched at on singulo.
LNGLY
Byond Username: LNGLY

Post by LNGLY » #87348

MrStonedOne wrote: I'm gonna go check logs to verify QC's statement, but that part right there concerns the fuck out of me, because It seems like now you are flat out lying to stir up drama, and that's not gonna go without consequences.

As to the events that occurred. I don't know, do I have a say in this? As I've given my opinion I've gotten push back that I shouldn't, (you know, unless it's what everybody wanted to hear).
What a ridiculous thing to say. "I haven't even checked the logs, but I've decided you're lying and I'm going to ban you!" I literally dragged a dude away who was pulse pistolled into crit.

Great job setting the precedent that if you complain about administrative abuses of power, someone is going to try to find an excuse to punish you for it.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #87353

LNGLY wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote: I'm gonna go check logs to verify QC's statement, but that part right there concerns the fuck out of me, because It seems like now you are flat out lying to stir up drama, and that's not gonna go without consequences.

What a ridiculous thing to say. "I haven't even checked the logs, but I've decided you're lying and I'm going to ban you!" I literally dragged a dude away who was pulse pistolled into crit.

Great job setting the precedent that if you complain about administrative abuses of power, someone is going to try to find an excuse to punish you for it.
It appears to me that MSO's saying if your providing false information in order to shame someone then that will probably make you look the fool.

There is also no mention of bans, or anything even closely related to that.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that we would punish anyone that makes a legitimate complaint against an admin, In fact we've seen admins punished for it in the past, even as far as the host themselves. So I'm not really sure where your getting these ideas from?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Madjura
Byond Username: Madjura

Post by Madjura » #87384

How about the part where he talks about consequences?
Sure sounds that way to me too
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #87385

Just when I think i've seen paranoia at its height... I honestly dont know what to say to that. I took it to me that the admin complaint would be closed and anyone false providing information would be made to look the fool. It seems a little extreme to jump to the idea that you could be banned over false information.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #87388

>Insult Centcom employees mother
>Employee warns that if you keep insulting his mother he will fire BSA at you
>Do it anyway
>Get hit with BSA
>Keep doing it anyway
>Employee shows up and half-heartedly fires a few potshots at people
>Gets immediately dunked after causing little to no damage
>FUCKING ADMINS GRIFFED ME I DIDNDU NUFFIN FUKIN DEADMIN HE EVEN SMASHED A WINDOW IN ESCAPE FUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOUUUUUU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #87389

Stickymayhem wrote:LNGLY I did quite explicitly explain that the event you complained about wasn't my event so I'm not sure why you slapped my name on it.
If this is true that's straight up lying to cause forum drama, and that SHOULD be met with a ban.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #87401

Loonikus wrote:>Insult Centcom employees mother
>Do it anyway
>Get hit with BSA
>Keep doing it anyway
>FUCKING ADMINS GRIFFED ME I DIDNDU NUFFIN FUKIN DEADMIN HE EVEN SMASHED A WINDOW IN ESCAPE FUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOUUUUUU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
These are my thoughts on the matter as well basically. The only thing that was over the line was the hell-water and maybe the 2nd or 3rd bomb that was dropped on the bridge. If someone was actually hit with enough pulse blasts to go into crit then I apologize profusely for that (I genuinely was not trying to actually hurt anyone, I was sending Steve in to die).

I thought the whole gimmick was funny and it's apparent players thought so as well (namely, the ones continuously insulting Steve's mom). Events like these that emerge without much forethought or planning are funny to me, and they've been around for as long as I've played on /tg/-station. We're a fun server because there's variety in rounds, which has always placed us (historically, not so much anymore as there's a lot more servers) as the in-between of Goon and Bay.

LNGLY I don't completely think your complaint shouldn't be listened to, but when I was looking through the logs it looked like you had a solid 3 rounds prior to this one of just straight up playing the game and having a good time (specifically, you only had negative things to say in deadchat during the round in question here). Assuming that some people did indeed have fun during the event, is it really such a hard thing to accept that maybe there will be rounds you don't really enjoy occasionally? I mean, we're playing a game where you could be validly removed from the game at nearly any point for any number of reasons (antags). I'm of the opinion that if a majority of players enjoyed an event, or at least didn't object to it, then it was successful.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #87405

I think only one person was actually caught in the danger zone of a blast, and they were rescued pretty quickly by someone with a spacesuit.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #87553

>Do it anyway
>Get hit with BSA
>Keep doing it anyway
>half-heartedly fires a few potshots at people
he literally shot me into crit and killed me because i threw a minibomb at him get your shit straight
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #87559

whodaloo wrote:
>Do it anyway
>Get hit with BSA
>Keep doing it anyway
he literally shot me into crit and killed me because i threw a minibomb at him get your shit straight
You throw a minibomb, you're gonna get your shit stomped by anyone else nearby because muh valids. If I had a pistol and got a minibomb thrown at me, I'll empty my clip into the fucker, sucks to your feelings you threw a bomb at my face.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #87565

iamgoofball wrote:
whodaloo wrote:
>Do it anyway
>Get hit with BSA
>Keep doing it anyway
You throw a minibomb, you're gonna get your shit stomped by anyone else nearby because muh valids. If I had a pistol and got a minibomb thrown at me, I'll empty my clip into the fucker, sucks to your feelings you threw a bomb at my face.
The point is that he's lying in aFNR forum to discredit the complainer.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #87574

I've updated my account just to go to this thread and tell that I've been in that round and it was terrible. A couple of people screaming swears at centcom somehow mean that you can BSA the station, leaving massive holes all over it, and holes in the station are not particularly picky about who they suffocate. I've got to disable the gun, but the 'event' was still terrible, disrupting normal play of pretty much everyone.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #87584

I agree, the reasoning of someone insulting some employee is enough justification to bombard a highly expensive space station is shit at best and outright retarded at worst.

When was the last time we allowed the Captain to drop a max cap bomb on some assistant/clown/whoever when they insulted them?

Or better yet when was the last time we allowed a non-antag scientist, or even a bloody assistant, to drop a bomb on someone else for insulting them?
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #87591

Great so we're all (mostly) in agreement that this was a terrible event and really wasn't the best idea for a round.

Does this really need discussing further or shall we go round in circles some more?
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #87594

peoplearestrange wrote:Great so we're all (mostly) in agreement that this was a terrible event and really wasn't the best idea for a round.

Does this really need discussing further or shall we go round in circles some more?
Yes this complaint is over.

Bluespace has given up all his fun buttons on his own request. There was going to be a vote on keeping him as an admin or not but due to this we decided not too. This wasn't due to this complaint really but a bunch of other smaller issues.

Secondly events similar to this will be discouraged I'm going to write up something about it for admin conduct.