Given black mark for letting admin candidate player die

BigJamminJim

Given black mark for letting admin candidate player die

Post by BigJamminJim » #9280

Proof that Stickymayhem is Jack Steiner: http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=5496#p5496

Here are the logs
http://puu.sh/92Vzz/6b8313b552.htm

The round just started, I got picked as Head of Personnel, Jack Steiner (Stickymayhem) comes in to raid my office for some reason. He flashes me, attempts to cuff me and he starts to drag me out into the hallway, he keeps flashing me until the scuffle is broken up by the clown and several other bystanders. Several people ask if they can kill him, I tell them "Go ahead." Lola Cobblestone that round drags him into my office, cuffs him, and starts choking him. About halfway through this I'm contacted through an adminhelp by Stickymayhem. Repeatedly he tells me that I'm to blame for his death, etc etc. He brings up how he wasn't even an antag (lol) and that he was breaking in.

-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Stickymayhem: That's immense escalation. You killed someone for breaking into your office and flashing you. He wasn't antag, he was cuffed and incapacitated, and he was absolutely no threat to you.
Click on the administrator's name to reply.

1. his character was valid, stunning and cuffing and kidnapping a head of staff, especially one as important as the HoP , is definitely something you can be killed for
2. even if he wasn't valid a black mark on my account is outrageous considering the "offense"
3. admins are not allowed to arbitrate on events involving themselves, this has been admin policy for years

I would like to have my mark removed.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: Given black mark for letting admin candidate player die

Post by Ikarrus » #9307

We'll need to hear from sticky as well as the admin who was responsible for him at the time.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Nalar
Byond Username: Nalar

Post by Nalar » #9316

Since apparently a lot of folks don't seem to read our sub-forum rules, I'll state the main one being broken here.

If you are not an admin or directly involved with the complaint (You are the guy who was banned, you saw what happened, you were his victim, etc.) then do not post in the complaint.

Seriously guys.

-=Forum Global Moderator=-
-=GameAdmin=-
Tell me how I'm doing.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #9349

Sticky is in the admins.txt at the moment, i'm a little unsure how he got there, as it makes him a perma-candidate, when i'd much rather be online to supervise him.
I'll be discussing his fate with him and adminbus a little later on, it's important to remember that we all make mistakes, not learning from them is the real issue.
I've removed the note from the OP and given him something as a gesture of good will.
I play Boris Pepper.
scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned

Post by scaredofshadows » #9355

BigJamminJim wrote:
1. his character was valid, stunning and cuffing and kidnapping a head of staff, especially one as important as the HoP , is definitely something you can be killed for
2. even if he wasn't valid a black mark on my account is outrageous considering the "offense"
3. admins are not allowed to arbitrate on events involving themselves, this has been admin policy for years

I would like to have my mark removed.
It's preferable if you call security or detain the offender yourself as HoP. You can access the brig, or even ask the AI to send a borg to collect the criminal. It probably did not warrant murder or the encouragement of the mob to kill him.

Due to the circumstances, I'm going to remove the note. In the future, I would like to see less 'his character was valid' and more leadership by example from heads of staff (especially the HoP).
Bluespace wrote:Sticky is in the admins.txt at the moment, i'm a little unsure how he got there, as it makes him a perma-candidate, when i'd much rather be online to supervise him.
I'll be discussing his fate with him and adminbus a little later on, it's important to remember that we all make mistakes, not learning from them is the real issue.
I've removed the note from the OP and given him something as a gesture of good will.
This was a mistake on my part. Sticky is now off the admins.txt. To make this clear, I am not forbidding you from giving them admincandidate for a round to coach them (which you and Neerti have been doing a spectacular job with).

Sticky made two mistakes in my opinion. The first is charging the HoP office for little reason (this may be a rule 1 violation if there are other factors which exacerbate the situation). The second is the adminPM toward a player he started a fight with. Mistakes are the best tools we can ask for. I'd ask that eveyrone involved allow Sticky to learn from this rather than try to beat them over the head with it.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #9419

I'd like to apologize. It was clearly a mistake, and I genuinely feel bad for the whole situation.

I was tired, overwhelmed and generally in a pretty bad mindset to be trying to admin, particularly entirely alone, which I should have seen earlier was a bad idea. I kind of got drawn into the early hours of the morning, since every time I said "I'll deal with this last adminhelp, then go to sleep" but another one popped up and just kept the chain going.

By the time the situation came along, I adminhelped it, realized again that no one was online, then asked #adminbus. No one replied, so I thought it was better handled than ignored, and clearly I wasn't able to handle it.

I'm truly sorry that, even briefly, you were noted for a situation that didn't really warrant it. If you'd like to talk to me about it privately or here, feel free to. You can PM me or hop on one of the IRCs.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman