[Hornygranny] Silently deadminned

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: [Hornygranny] Silently deadminned

Post by Wyzack » #192805

Bottom post of the previous page:

I dunno, i think HG has a point about me. Recently whenever i play i deadmin so that i can play sec roles. Real life has kind of gotten in the way, but overall i don't really feel like i am needed anymore. We have more and better admins than me who can actually put in the time. I have been considering stepping down from admin for some time now, but i am not really sure. Regardless that is not really the point of this thread
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #192892

I'm gonna give my opinion one more time here because I think it will help admins in general going forward:

If you can't abide by the rules or be around to do your job, just resign. You can come back later when things improve. It's better than getting forcefully deadminned for not following the rules or being silent about how you don't have the time to administrate anymore and then having a harder time getting admin again later with threads like this.

The simple fact is, whether or not bandit is a good admin, if they had simply stopped administrating until they got an internet connection capable of abiding by the IRC policy or at least raised concern over the effectiveness of the policy (if the IRC presence isn't REALLY needed as bandit claims) they would not have been deadminned.

It's a volunteer job for a 2d spaceman game, people. Even if your trial process was hard I guarantee you it would be much easier to get admin a second time if you're willing to explain how the situations that lead to your resigning in the first place have changed (more time to admin, better internet for IRC, better IRC client, whatever)
=
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #192895

They fully followed the IRC policy up until a point where they forgot a day, not because they wanted to go against the establishment.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #192939

This thread suggests otherwise, in fact it suggests bad internet isn't the only reason bandit didn't join IRC
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #192944

That's just bandit mixing in bad arguments along with what actually happened
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #192955

Paprika you have some fudge on your nose. actually your entire head.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #193012

This whole thread is a farce; it reads like an unironic illuminaughty conspiracy with the headmins as the evil tentacle aliens from space. It doesn't sound like this is really about bandit being in IRC, but rather "quick, we need to nail them for something, let's go with this".

You know how they finally caught Al Capone? Tax evasion. But unless I'm really missing something here, bandit isn't a mafioso with a tommygun and a Chicago overcoat.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #193023

Just a shitty admin
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #193031

paprika wrote:Just a shitty admin
Many would argue otherwise.

Go take your medicine and come back when you can act like a reasonable human being.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #193810

TheNightingale wrote:This whole thread is a farce; it reads like an unironic illuminaughty conspiracy with the headmins as the evil tentacle aliens from space. It doesn't sound like this is really about bandit being in IRC, but rather "quick, we need to nail them for something, let's go with this".

You know how they finally caught Al Capone? Tax evasion. But unless I'm really missing something here, bandit isn't a mafioso with a tommygun and a Chicago overcoat.
This thread does give me that vibe as well. Of all the shit admins do, mistakes or outright shittery, deadminning for not being in the irc channel when doing actual admin work sounds like nonsense.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #193927

Wouldn't have been the first time HG tried this. Read: That time he got dunked by the AI and banned said AI for "breaking silicon policy".
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #193936

ShadowDimentio wrote:Wouldn't have been the first time HG tried this. Read: That time he got dunked by the AI and banned said AI for "breaking silicon policy".
why are you endlessly salty about anything involving silicon bans
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #193955

iamgoofball wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:Wouldn't have been the first time HG tried this. Read: That time he got dunked by the AI and banned said AI for "breaking silicon policy".
Everyone is salty all the time. Is only game. Why u heff to be mad.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #193956

iamgoofball wrote:
He was the one banned IIRC
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #194257

There's more administration red tape and bullshit on /tg/station than any Hospital or Care Center I've ever worked at.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #194268

bgo was reinstated ages ago

none of this thread was useful
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.