Dostojewski
Byond Username: Dostojewski

[Jud1c470r] Griefing Players w/ Rods n Meteors

Post by Dostojewski » #197422

Byond account and character name: Dostojewski / Raymond Lopez
Admin: Jud1c470r
Time incident occured: 3 PM EDT 07/21/2016
Detailed summary:

Ive joined as an Antagonist aboard the station, subverted the AI, got guns, did my objectives. The AI was doing its part pretty well, overall the round had plenty of action
and stuff going on. There was no need for any type of intervention.

Jud1c470r however decided to spam Immovable rods and later even meteors. This resulted in many killed, the game play broke together completely. Personally, I had to dodge rods and meteors for 10 minutes instead of actually engaging with any other players. One of the stray rods killed me, just like many others, resulting in loss of my Greentext.

The aforementioned admin decided to, excuse my language, fuck with the crew, because he was bored. It added zero value to the round.
Since the only guy that got a kick out of it was pretty much him alone, I consider this griefing and a rule 1 violation.

Thank you for your time.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: [Jud1c470r] Griefing Players w/ Rods n Meteors

Post by Okand37 » #197426

I haven't checked logs, but I don't recall having seen any meteors spawned during all of that, though a meteor shower could've naturally spawned as a random event.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Pascal123
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal123 » #197428

I agree, it was like the matrix up in there. Over sixty looping rods... And... And i was suddenly attacked by six of them all while feeding my drug addiction. Untill one impaled me from behind. It felt horrible.

I am mentally scarred right now. I am not even sure i can recover from this horrible experience. Not even with the help of therapy, hell. I am not even sure my waifu can comfort me from this nightmare.
Jud1cator, you have ruined my life.

Joking aside. He needs to stop doing these "Events" because he is bored. He ruined my beard-count (Arguably the most important thing to me right now.) and pretty much got everyone killed, and trapped some dude in some sort of Immovable Rod jail. Seemingly in the name of boredom.
Last edited by Pascal123 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #197430

Jud does do events a lot just because he or deadchat is bored. Just because a round is long doesn't mean it's boring.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #197433

It means it's boring to people that are dead. Hurry it up, that's why these things happen.
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #197434

The majority of people in deadchat and OOC at the end actually seemed to enjoy this, but I can see why you would be upset.

The rods giveth and the rods taketh.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #197461

Well that settles it.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #197493

[18:03:44]ADMIN: Jud1c470r/(Amadeus Rockme) has created a command report: Our science team found some weird eggs on a recent expedition to lavaland. We're sending them to your xeno department now. You should have them via bluespace relay soon

[18:04:36]ADMIN: Jud1c470r/(Amadeus Rockme) spawned /mob/living/simple_animal/hostile/spawner/ash_walker at (121,42,1)
[18:05:16]ADMIN: Jud1c470r/(Amadeus Rockme) spawned /obj/effect/mob_spawn/human/ash_walker at (121,43,1)

[18:06:35]ADMIN: Jud1c470r/(Amadeus Rockme) has created a command report: If the eggs hatch it is important that you DO NOT release the subjects.

Skipping over him answering some adminhelps, playing midis. Banning a guy for killing the miners too many times as traitor is a bit weird though.

[18:37:02]GAME: jud1c470r became an ash walker

Speech, some more midis. Apparently ash walkers die for some reason though I frankly don't care to look up why

[18:46:31]EMOTE: Betzi-Meesei/jud1c470r : <B>Betzi-Meesei</B> seizes up and falls limp, her eyes dead and lifeless...

[18:47:34]SAY: Ghost/jud1c470r : did we all die?
[18:50:05]SAY: Ghost/jud1c470r : well I also spawned two eggs with it
[18:50:43]ADMIN: DSAY: Jud1c470r/(Betzi-Meesei) : Lane is a one man genocide
[18:52:27]ADMIN: DSAY: Jud1c470r/(Betzi-Meesei) : what gets me salty is ashligger genocide
[18:52:50]ADMIN: DSAY: Jud1c470r/(Betzi-Meesei) : they dindu nuffin
[18:59:19]ADMIN: jud1c470r/(Betzi-Meesei) checked antagonists.
[18:59:36]ADMIN: DSAY: Jud1c470r/(Betzi-Meesei) : when the round hits an hour
[18:59:43]ADMIN: DSAY: Jud1c470r/(Betzi-Meesei) : I will begin the rods

116 rods are sent, deadchat shit talking, meteor waves, etc

He then put Lane in a prison of immovable rods spawned around him

Also [18:46:31]ATTACK: Lane Stewart(darkgenerallord) attacked Betzi-Meesei with double-bladed energy sword (Wielded)(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -144.8)(139,88,1)

Lane killed him earlier the plot thickens.

So from what I have seen in the logs, at best this was killing literally everyone out of boredom/the round dared to last an hour, at worst he blew up the station because someone killed him (after spawning himself in) and then singled them out with admin powers when they lived somehow (or maybe they were just the only one left to kill after 100 rods, on account of being a changeling)

That is, unless I have terribly misread this or someone thinks I'm leaving out context (it's certainly possible, I did not read every line, mostly only judicator's).
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #197497

You know those rounds where memey things happen? This is one of those rounds. Literally the worst part of it was Pascal losing his beard, and that's arguably not even a bad thing.
Dostojewski
Byond Username: Dostojewski

Post by Dostojewski » #197515

Kor wrote: So from what I have seen in the logs, at best this was killing literally everyone out of boredom/the round dared to last an hour, at worst he blew up the station because someone killed him (after spawning himself in) and then singled them out with admin powers when they lived somehow (or maybe they were just the only one left to kill after 100 rods, on account of being a changeling)
Jesus Christ, that is horrible. I did not even know about Lane being singled out by spawned rods. Neither did I know that he spawned himself into the game.This is just all sorts of wrong.

Kor, can you please tell me wether the meteors were a random event or spawned by the Admin? It is important for the context.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #197550

Before making a judgment of this. I would like to know more how the round was progressing. Althought 116 rods is quite a lot even for more memey rounds(and the whole spawning as ash walker in the egg you created).
Docprofsmith

Post by Docprofsmith » #197551

Dostojewski wrote:
Kor wrote: So from what I have seen in the logs, at best this was killing literally everyone out of boredom/the round dared to last an hour, at worst he blew up the station because someone killed him (after spawning himself in) and then singled them out with admin powers when they lived somehow (or maybe they were just the only one left to kill after 100 rods, on account of being a changeling)
Jesus Christ, that is horrible. I did not even know about Lane being singled out by spawned rods. Neither did I know that he spawned himself into the game.This is just all sorts of wrong.

Kor, can you please tell me wether the meteors were a random event or spawned by the Admin? It is important for the context.
I wasn't singling lane out for any reasons other than memes. And I didn't spawn myself in as an ashwalker. I deadminned and clicked an egg, not one of the eggs I created. About 8 more ashwalkers came before I decided to give it a go.. Wasn't salty about Lane killing anyone tbh, gave him the changeling role in a TC trade.

It was all memes. All of it. Though a few unfortunate coincidences were involved in the memes, which I swear were coincidences. Lane himself didn't complain about the memery or anything, I understand that I completely shit the bed on this one.

It won't happen again and I'll deal with whatever consequences are necessary.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #197577

Headmins are aware of the issue and are looking into it now
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #197673

Judicator has a history of doing uncreative events. Admins shouldn't listen to deadchat, like ever, nothing personal when I say that.
icecreamcohn
Byond Username: IceCreamCohn

Post by icecreamcohn » #197688

So if it makes any one feel better.. Lane DID get his green text even though JUD singled him out.. But Lane was a powergaming turd.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #197718

Given we're waiting on a headmin input on this, I'll lock the thread until an answer arrives. If anyone has new information to add please PM me or another mod to do so.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #197733

Let's look at one of Judicator's bans from a little while ago

"Banned for 1440 Minutes- Broke into the brig as hulk, as well as breaking windows in escape causing the area to depressurize. Given a day off to maybe rethink their idea of fun."

Clearly we can take from this ban that he is against random grief and has banned people for stuff like this in the past. So if smashing a few walls and windows is worth a dayban, the headmins have decided that Jud's approximately 300 immovable rods in the past month is worth about a 14 day ban. There's no point in yelling at and banning players for smashing a few windows and then turning around and griefing the station 10x worse and trying to act like there's consistency or justice here. Admin is not a free pass to grief the station round after round after round with no accountability, and those who do it will be held responsible just like a player would
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Docprofsmith

Post by Docprofsmith » #197797

Shaps wrote:Let's look at one of Judicator's bans from a little while ago

"Banned for 1440 Minutes- Broke into the brig as hulk, as well as breaking windows in escape causing the area to depressurize. Given a day off to maybe rethink their idea of fun."

Clearly we can take from this ban that he is against random grief and has banned people for stuff like this in the past. So if smashing a few walls and windows is worth a dayban, the headmins have decided that Jud's approximately 300 immovable rods in the past month is worth about a 14 day ban. There's no point in yelling at and banning players for smashing a few windows and then turning around and griefing the station 10x worse and trying to act like there's consistency or justice here. Admin is not a free pass to grief the station round after round after round with no accountability, and those who do it will be held responsible just like a player would
Sounds fair tbh
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #198100

Creating an interesting meme round takes time & effort and I can empathize with admins who say that nobody wants to do that shit so button spam is always gonna be a problem until you remove these glorified debug buttons !!!OR!!! give admins some more creative shit to spice up rounds with that don't require a bunch of menus and var editing
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #198113

In all of tg's history I've never come across any new feature that's supposed to enable creative events that doesn't simultaneously ruin that feature through overuse (Shiny new thing!)
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #198120

I think that's partially the result of having a large admin team. Everyone will want to try the new shit at least a couple times, and that adds up fast with 30-40 people.

And we need a large team because

1) 24/7 uptime and a need to cover all of it

2) Unpaid volunteers to cover said time

And unless we get a handful of hyper dedicated neets, you need a lot of people to pitch in to reasonably cover all those hours.
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #198330

Why are we still here? This conplaint was successful and the punishment has been dealt. Can we move this now?
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝