byosfeer
Byond Username: Byosfeer

[owegno] Jeff Jej - allowing breach of silicon policy

Post by byosfeer » #206567

Byond account and character name: Byosfeer, Jeff Jej
Admin: Owegno
Time incident occured: Around 12:20 AM CST on 8/27/16
Detailed summary:

I was a traitor, and decided to murderbone this round. I got a carp scroll, and murderboned. The AI had me trapped in a room, and then I convinced the AI to send a medbot in to get me to full health. The miner, a changeling named Josh Morris, also came in, and contorted their arm into an armblade, clearly revealing it as a changeling. The AI saw all of this and tried to lock me in the room with him. The AI then tried to justify my death:

SYSTEM Announces:
Had jeff stayed in my little box I made he would have been fine, but noooo. He just had to go out and kill more people. You shouldn't have killed him, but since he's dead already he's past asimov, so fuck that guy go cremate him.

Another player (who I killed) acknowledged how bogus this was, and how this is a violation of silicon policy, and how Owegno handled it as well.

(F) DEAD: Donatello Versus says, "that ai tried to trap you with a ling"
The kitten crouches on its hind legs.
(F) DEAD: Donatello Versus says, "ahelp that shit"

(F) DEAD: Donatello Versus says, "just because someone is shit doesnt mean you are not meant to follow the rules of your role"

(F) DEAD: Donatello Versus asks, "then next time someone murderbones is it okay for an ai to syphon their shit and kill them with low pressure?"

I did what Donatello suggested, and adminhelped, and got such a shitty, rude response that made absolutely no sense.

-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Owegno: Pfft are you really that retarded, you were free to leave medbay at any time but decided to stay to get more sick murderboning.

I was not free at all, I was literally locked in a room with a changeling, who the AI then allowed to continue to roam free. This is absurd and is clearly a violation of the rules regarding silicon policy. It's also bogus how this admin blatantly allowed the AI to do this just because I was "murderbonering", which is something that is absolutely allowed, but frowned upon.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Re: [owegno] Jeff Jej - allowing breach of silicon policy

Post by Owegno » #206569

Round is not over yet holy shit how hard is that rule to follow.
Snerdly
Byond Username: Snerdly

Post by Snerdly » #206570

Owegno wrote:Round is not over yet holy shit how hard is that rule to follow.
Apparently you're not good at following rules either.

I saw this entire event unfold live as a bystander. Owegno's logic was basically "lel allow rulebreaking to stop something within the rules".
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #206571

Now that the round is over, a few things:
A: The AI does not get sound or text messages through cameras and since the only time they used an armblade on you before your death you tele-armored away which left no attack animation leaving only the AI spotting the armblade as an option of seeing it and Josh only had it out for a short time in a room that you had cut the primary camera to.
B: I am inclined to trust someone who is trusted to be an admin, when they ahelped about not knowing as I was contemplating asking them if they knew that sealed the case for me.

I'm going to go to bed now but I am sure there will fun drama in the morning for everyone.

Edit: Also I will say right here so all the cards are out but I made Josh into a ling since they expressed interest in fighting you and it seemed like a more creative manner of dealing with the lowpop murderbone then just letting an ERT wipe the floor with everything.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #206576

I was the AI.
Yeah you cut the camera to the room and you're surprised the AI couldn't see what happened there?
Neither of you had suit sensors on either so I wasn't able to use my medhud to see what was going on. I saw Josh go into the room, he had no armblade.
I think of the actual battle, I had maybe a half second flash of partial sight of the top half of the room as the camera chunks took a little bit to update. I only could see when the two if you went ro the top if the room and that wasnt for very long. The end of the fight was in the bottom part of the room. Bottom left I think. No camera sight there at all. If there was an armblade I didn't see it or was distracted by you in the cmo's office.
Josh said he was going to go restrain you and I hadn't seen him do anything bad, so I trusted he was just going to stun and cuff you.
You yelled ling, but I hadn't seen an armblade on him, and you were one guy who had proven himself to be harmful, so I wasn't going to believe you.
I didn't know he was a ling until the RD yelled it out over comms later.
As for letting him roam free, he was on mining by the time the Rd called out I think. Either way, I kept trying to find him in cameras every so often and never could. I kept telling him to stay away as I would have to kill him, but ended up relenting when people kept saying to let them help with swarmers.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #206624

palpatine213 wrote:I was the AI.
Yeah you cut the camera to the room and you're surprised the AI couldn't see what happened there?
Neither of you had suit sensors on either so I wasn't able to use my medhud to see what was going on. I saw Josh go into the room, he had no armblade.
I think of the actual battle, I had maybe a half second flash of partial sight of the top half of the room as the camera chunks took a little bit to update. I only could see when the two if you went to the top if the room and that wasnt for very long. The end of the fight was in the bottom part of the room. Bottom left I think. No camera sight there at all. If there was an armblade I didn't see it or was distracted by you in the cmo's office.
Josh said he was going to go restrain you and I hadn't seen him do anything bad, so I trusted he was just going to stun and cuff you.
You yelled ling, but I hadn't seen an armblade on him, and you were one guy who had proven himself to be harmful, so I wasn't going to believe you.
I didn't know he was a ling until the RD yelled it out over comms later.
As for letting him roam free, he was on mining by the time the Rd called out I think. Either way, I kept trying to find him in cameras every so often and never could. I kept telling him to stay away as I would have to kill him, but ended up relenting when people kept saying to let them help with swarmers.

I was observing this round. Josh went into the genetics room in box, with a stun baton. He (Jeff) had only broken the camera inside the little room that connects Genetics and Science. All the other cameras were fine. After Josh hit him, which came after a resonant scream (Which, if you can't hear noises, can notice because it broke all the lights) he and another revived crewman decided to attack him. RnG happens, they sax around medbay, Josh uses yet ANOTHER Resonant scream, which blew some lights, and he kills them both. Then you tried to lock what was confirmed as a ling (not only by him, mind you, another crewman identified him as a ling, I believe.)

AFTER he fell, they took him to the section under chemistry, were Josh very happily wiped out his armblade and started decapitating him. This caused another crewman (Augusto, I believe) to get put into crit by Josh and the other guy that was revived (Francisco.) This was all within the purview of the cameras, mind you.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #206661

After Jeff was dead, I wasn't even paying attention to medbay anymore.
I think i was busy unbolting all the doors I had bolted and reactivating the apcs.
Well, the resonant scream explained the confusion then. I think I had my camera lights on so I didn't actually notice the lights got busted. I was wondering why Jeff was suddenly confused though. I thought it was a side effect of the reactive armor. As for the initial armblade attack itself, the

Hold on.
I actually started logdiving and checking attacks logs, when I realized that this is becoming a ban request, not an admin complaint. So, forget that.
Snerdly

Post by Snerdly » #206679

The only camera he knocked out was the one in the little hallway between genetics and research, you clearly saw Jeff getting murdered in the medbay and did nothing about it.

Owegno, you allowed this and this is really shitty of you to do that.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #206687

The fact that the two metacommers defending each other in an admin complaint thread really gets me.
Snerdly

Post by Snerdly » #206689

NikNakFlak wrote:The fact that the two metacommers defending each other in an admin complaint thread really gets me.
Just because we go to the same school doesn't mean that we're metacommunicating...

Spawning other antags to ruin someone's round really gets me more though.
Housecat
Byond Username: Actual Real Housecat

Post by Housecat » #206691

I missed a lot of the AI's actions due to being cloned and trying to gather all of my equipment, but if I may offer my perspective, this is what I remember happening. After being killed by Jeff and cloned I grabbed a secbelt out of a locker in a main hallway for some good ole fashioned vigilante justice. I and another player had him cornered and stunned in genetics but they hit Jeff with their weapon which, due to his reactive armor, teleported him off somewhere into maint (or possibly CMO office). That wasn't enough for Jeff so he eventually came charging back into medbay trying to stomp people to death. Josh and I again got him cornered and stunned in genetics and I pulled off his armor and harmbatoned him to death. The AI shouted harm but there wasn't much it could do so I ignored it. At no point did I see an armblade. Afterwards Josh started pulling him away. Later in deadchat I learned Josh intended to absorb and/or space him, but I saw this as him trying to hide or rescue Jeff so we got into a tug of war over the corpse with me trying to pull it back to medbay. He used resonant shriek but in the general confusion it didn't register for me. We ended up below chemistry where Josh pulled out an armblade to dismember the corpse, and I, seeing an armblade, started trying to remove the changeling. He and the RD (Jason something I believe) then put me into crit to stop me. Josh ran off before the RD healed me back to consciousness, at which point I called Josh out as a changeling over the radio. Allusions were made to involuntary meat processing, but I didn't end up seeing either of them for the rest of the shift.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #206710

This just looks like a ban request, but I'm not really thrilled to see an admin straight up calling a player retarded via ahelps under any situation, please work on your professionalism owengo
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.