[Saegrimr] Keekenox - Got bored so meteor'd the station.

Keekenox
Byond Username: Keekenox

[Saegrimr] Keekenox - Got bored so meteor'd the station.

Post by Keekenox » #212630

Key: Keekenox
Character: Angelina Pershing
Admin: Saegrimr
Time incident occured: 9:30 AM ish EST
Detailed summary: Basicly Saeg decided the round was too boring for him and he hates pubbies so he ended the round via meteors.

Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Saegrimr] Keekenox - Got bored so meteor'd the station.

Post by Saegrimr » #212631

>Give only traitor on station a heads up so he doesn't get cucked by a meteor because I wanted to fuck with three shitty pubbies.
>Complaint

Lesson learned, next time I wont tell you in advance.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #212632

Um, what exactly did you mean by spamming meteors because you were "sick of pubbies"? What led up to this?
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #212634

Because someone still hasn't fixed new players getting into command roles, and one of them ended up banned anyway after I told him to stop being shitcurity as a HOS.

Literal brand new players want to roll around as sec officers arresting miners for having mining gear, hurt feelings, and other garbage. Fuck all happening on the station an hour and a half in, so I pressed meteors to get them to do something other than jerk eachother's stunbatons off harassing other people.

Fuck me though for warning the only antag, right
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Keekenox

Post by Keekenox » #212640

But I don't feel like spamming meteors was the proper way to deal with that situation...
Saegrimr wrote:
Fuck me though for warning the only antag, right
I AM ABOUT TO SHOOT YOU IN THE FOOT

*Shoots you in the foot*

Well fuck me I mean I gave you a warning!
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #212642

I mean, shelling the entire station rather than dealing with the actual problem players seems a bit lazy and excessive, no?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #212643

It was an "Event" as a "Test of character" to a bunch of "Aspiring new command staff and security" to handle a "dangerous situation" on board the station.

How about that?
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #212644

He'd have gotten an admincomplaint from the other guys if he'd manually controlled the meteor directly into the person(s) causing the problem. No matter how funny it'd be.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #212646

Also the fucking idiot got himself banned right after I pressed it anyway so it was completely pointless. I only hit the meteor button once, the station time was an hour and 25 in as you can see in his screenshot.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #212651

If I was concerned about being deadminned for being courteous to someone before jamming meteors past an hour, i'd have done a hell of a lot more to fuck that station up.

I just think this is fucking retarded and Keek doesn't deserve nice things.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #212653

It should be noted that the tesla ended up being freed soon after the meteors ended. Though I do not know whether it was caused by meteors or just traitors.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #212654

That was almost definitely the meteors.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #212656

The point I'm trying to make is that telling a player "hey I'm going to be cutting this round short because I fucking hate a couple of players" really isn't cool, and your attitude about this whole thing where you say "well FUCK YOU I'm going to do it anyway" really, really isn't professional. I know you can just as easily do it silently and without mentioning it, and you've made it clear that you intend to do so afterwards, and nowhere in here do you actually address the legitimate concern that keek has. For God's sake, remember that we're here to make the experience better for the players, and openly attacking them both in game and on the forums is in direct contradiction to that
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #212658

Yes, I got it. Everybody is mad because I actively tried to help someone not lose his round to a stray meteor.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #212661

Three people, and it was to get them to do something other than bash eachother and innocent people for having their station assigned gear.

If I wanted to get rid of them specifically, I could just gib or BSA them on the spot but that's not really going to provide a hazard for them to be proactive about.
Keekenox

Post by Keekenox » #212669

You seem to act like it was in inevitability that meteors where going to smash the station to bits and that you oh so mercifully warned me of it...

But you are the one that did it, you got bored so you decided the round needed to end, even though there where plenty of other players on the server enjoying the round, but since YOU got bored, you ended it.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #212670

We've discussed this extensively in adminbus, and here are the conclusions

Saegrimr intended to be helpful and thought you would find the pubby comment funny since you were a longtime player, but I agree with you that it came off as unprofessional and it's not really good to vent adminning frustrations off on the players. Spawning meteors in and of itself isn't the worst thing in the world, but doing it and telling players that they were doing it specifically because they were frustrated with other players is unprofessional and shouldn't happen again in the future. As for the meteors themselves, I can't really comment on them since it seems the round had been going on for a while and I don't know the situation at the time, but rest assured that communication will be better going forward
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #212671

Saegrimir is right though, a good portion of the pubbies are absolute garbage and make it worse for everyone. I do not think that meteoring the shit out of them all was unreasonable, especially when he made specific efforts to not dick over the antag. Although if all this bitching is any indication Saeg next time just jobban the shithead pubbies
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #212673

Wyzack wrote:Saegrimir is right though, a good portion of the pubbies are absolute garbage and make it worse for everyone. I do not think that meteoring the shit out of them all was unreasonable, especially when he made specific efforts to not dick over the antag. Although if all this bitching is any indication Saeg next time just jobban the shithead pubbies
One of them did anyway after the fact because even with the threat of meteors, he thought ICing in OOC about the previous situation was a good idea.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #212674

Pubbies are irrelevant to this specific case, and as a conclusion has been reached, I will lock this thread.