Sweets
Byond Username: Reondin

[Krusvik] Enjoys-Her-Sweets- Ran event that ruined mining

Post by Sweets » #375232

Byond account and character name:Reondin/Enjoys-Her-Sweets
Admin:Krusvik
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: 4:37 PM CST Sybil
ROUND ID HERE:82389
Detailed summary: At the end of the previous round, Krusvik asked if players wanted an event round. Most said yes so he made an event where there was a grand hunt to be had and different beasts would get you different rewards.

Unfortunately, he made the event on lavaland. Where I was playing miner. Miner is already the second deadliest job behind being security, but adding Mi-gos, clockwork marauders and various other deadly beasts to an already deadly area made things even worse. The problem was then amplified by a swarm of ten or so people breaking every window and door on the way to cargo to try and get rewards like eswords and holoparasites. So not only is lavaland more deadly, I was constantly having to deal with shocked doors, broken glass and people stealing my materials for upgrades.

Attempts by me to stop the event and get people to leave mining were met with deletion of gibonite I attempted to use to kill the huntmaster shop, being attacked by crew with eswords and holoparasites to being admin thrown in lava.

Event's should NOT ruin the jobs of those who do not wish to participate. Togopal did a very good event that was quite similar that was set up out in space.
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Re: [Krusvik] Enjoys-Her-Sweets- Ran event that ruined minin

Post by Krusvik » #375234

While the event was well received by a majority of the participants, I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it.

Unfortunately due to the nature of events usually shaking up the normality of the round, it's impossible to please everyone. This is why I rarely run events, in order to maintain the sanctity of the game.
Sweets

Post by Sweets » #375237

That doesn't justify responding to me trying to defend my workplace and resources from people who are not supposed to be there and hindering my job with admin actions.

Nor does it justify the effect on Robotics and Science not being able to get resources because the other two miners dying to enhanced fauna.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #375242

You got admin thrown in lava?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #375245

This sounds like good feedback, but not really anything krusvik did was admin abuse. Admin Complaints aren't for bad events, they're for this.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #375248

D&B wrote:You got admin thrown in lava?
Krusvik - Monday at 4:12 PM
Mind you they tried to prime gibtoine in a room full of people talking twoce
Twice*

??
Sweets

Post by Sweets » #375257

Armhulen wrote:
D&B wrote:You got admin thrown in lava?
Krusvik - Monday at 4:12 PM
Mind you they tried to prime gibtoine in a room full of people talking twoce
Twice*

??
People who had ruined my workplace and had traitor items.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #375258

Please read this:
Stickymayhem wrote:It's gotten out of hand. Too many people are incapable of making reasonable complaints about admin events and it's bordering on shitting up the entire process and complaint forum by bogging it down with pointless complaints that inevitably cannot lead to anything.

Admin events are not something you file an official complaint about. They weren't before, and I'm not sure how it started, but they shouldn't be now either. From now on they are getting trashed. I'm not saying bad events aren't a thing, but they are never really going to result in problems.

I'm sure this is going to upset plenty of people but you have the official event workshop thread here which would value your criticism and ideas, admin feedback for actual problems and singulo for bitching.

The majority of complaints have been almost entirely emotional, based on one shitty round. Normally people get pissed at RNG for killing them but if an admin touches a button suddenly there is a solid tangible person to be fucking furious at. A round is a couple hours long at most. If you can't handle not having spessmans exactly how you like it for two hours you need to chill out.

It's just really depressing when the admin complaint forum is nothing but bitching about events and all of the valid complaints float around on singulo forever unresolved because people are either paranoid that they will get black bagged by the admin conspiracy and stuffed in the back of the van or just prefer a place where their facts don't need verification.

Admins will still be held accountable for events, they just aren't going to be immediately deadminned for them like an admin complaint would call for. Admins are encouraged to push buttons. The game gets stale as fuck without them. There's a reason Bagil is desperate for admins all the time.

TL;DR: If you have a problem with an event, it no longer goes here. Use Event Workshop for critique and ideas, use admin feedback to talk about a specific admin's events, and use singulo to bitch. Remember you can also talk to any admin by adminhelping, finding an admin you trust and PMing them or in #supportbus.

Feel free to ask questions but this thread is obviously going to be heavily moderated.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Sweets

Post by Sweets » #375260

Right sorry. I checked the HG thread but didn't see that one. You can delete this thread.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #375261

ok sure (other headmins can unlock if they'd like to say something