[Scriptis] Mooshimi - very frequent antag button spam

Mooshimi
Byond Username: Mooshimi

[Scriptis] Mooshimi - very frequent antag button spam

Post by Mooshimi » #648895

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Sybil game server
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Mooshimi (Pep Lenora, etc)
Admin: Scriptis
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: Most recent is 188046
Detailed summary:
They have been doing events the past few days frequently where it is just: "Spam this antag until the shuttle is called". Most common seems to be wizards as in 188046.
The complaint here is about the frequency of the "events".
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Re: [Scriptis] Mooshimi - very frequent antag button spam

Post by TypicalRig » #648904

I can't speak for the round mentioned in particular, but I believe I played some of the other rounds Mooshimi is referring to, so I can add further context and examples to this. 187990 and then 187993. These two rounds were directly after each other. In case it's relevant, my key is TypicalRig.

I apologize in advance that I can't provide more accurate logs. Try as I might, Scrubby is a nightmare for me to navigate and some information is missing because I cannot find it. Perhaps someone better can dig in and help.

187990: He spawned a cursed dice and spawned it in the library, announcing it as so. Okay, no big deal. It kills a bunch of people that were using the CURSED dice. Okay, maybe a bigger warning than a little text word should've been given, but it's better than nothing. This I don't have an issue with. As the cap, Sun Tzu, it didn't really impact my situation at all. Apparently, it killed more people than he expected, so how does he do damage control? By spam reviving a bunch of people in drop pods next to me, the og cap, as captains. Some of these people proceed to grief, send stupid announcements and get punished for it, and escalate in questionable ways with the crew. Of course them griefing isn't his fault, but he effectively opened the lane for multiple people to get AA for no real reason when he could've just spawned them back as normal crew members. It also caused a lot of confusion, because some crew members specifically thought captain antags might've been the actual event. I didn't want to infight with a bunch of randoms with AA and risk getting bwoinked, so I ghosted as the actual cap, since his damage control just made shit worse. But it doesn't end there. Then he spawns revs, which didn't actually fix the problem. It just added more confusion to an already problematic round.

187993: We had a rev round that was delayed a tiny bit due to both sides holding out, and Scriptis sent a Centcom announcement saying that if this continues to be a stalemate, that they would handle it. Fair eonugh, that's normal. Thedragmeme then proceeds to spawn nuke ops, but a good... 20-25 of them? It's hard to check via Scrubby, but it was a lot. There's adding a slight threat to move things along and then immediately going insane with the amount. Since they both participated in this, but due to limited logs I can't see to what degree, I'm placing fault on both, especially since Scriptis could've and should've communicated the fact that the last two rounds also consisted of massive admin shittery.

Also, not caused by Scriptis, but important to note, was that before these two rounds, on round 187988, we also had an admin event run by another admin where Retrovirus was released. Scriptis played no part in this whatsoever but it adds some context to why exactly the players are frustrated, and I find it important to mention as he was online for this round as well. I can't confirm his login time, but during the next round, 187990, he claimed that he was not aware of the prior round having an event, to his defense. I was under the assumption due to this that he had only just logged on, which is fair enough. Ignoring the fact he should've communicated with the team and should've been quickly made aware of the past event, shit happens, but now I'm skeptical of that claim because I can see his last activity for 187988 as: 12:28:26 ADMIN Scriptis/(Brick Mortar) created an admin explosion at CentCom Central Control. There's still the chance that he had somehow logged in /after/ the Retrovirus event already took place and somehow happened to also miss all the drama involving it as an admin, but I can't confirm that based off what is visible to me.

There were multiple failures of admin communication and decision making abilities and questionable attempts at resolving them three shifts in a row. Multiple players were visibly frustrated from it and the excuses given were poor. Scriptis was around for these three events, played a major role in one, played AT LEAST a minor role in another, and then was potentially witness to the first chaotic event that prefaced them. There is no policy saying admins can't do back to back events, but common sense should've kicked in here.
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #648908

Excerpt from a discussion I had with my trainer:
Scriptis wrote: Image
I operate on feedback. Given that I am frequently the only active admin on Sybil for hours at a time, this usually means player feedback. If I poke at a round and people are happy in OOC after the round, that's nice. If somebody posts pictures in Discord, that's when I know I've made it. Regardless, not every button press is a win, and I try to keep heavy-handed interventions (as was in your case) to at most once per day.

Secondary to this is do-overs: if a nuclear strike team flukes five feet into departures, or, as happened in your shift, a wizard craters mere minutes after arriving, I strongly feel that asking the station if they'd like a do-over and then re-offering that threat to the ghost pool is more than warranted. This is exactly what I did in your case: I asked the station if they wanted a second wizard, and they asked for five. I met them in the middle with three. I feel that this more than made up for the wasted threat, especially since all three of those wizards almost immediately died as well.

That said, yes, my immediate thought afterwards was "this was lame." There's a lot of fine-tuning to be done here, and I'm not surprised that things don't always go right one hundred percent of the time. You can, and should, reach out to me either in OOC or on Discord @Scriptis if you didn't like something I caused. An admin complaint isn't the correct venue for this.

Secondary response to TypicalRig:
Spoiler:

187988: I joined very late into the round, right here. The first things I did were ask if Disco Inferno had been played, and then I played that, because most of the station was on fire. I was unaware of anything else that happened.

187990: I can't provide raw logs and I won't give you names, but the reason things happened the way they did broadly went as

Code: Select all

Scriptis: i'm going to force extended mode
Scriptis: the joke is that it's just a greenshift with nothing special

<without asking>
Admin A: let's spice this up
<spawns a cursed die of fate>
<a ton of people die>
Scriptis: guh

Admin B: we should spawn three sets of abductors [to make up from admin A's dead people]
Scriptis: why don't we just do captains instead [so we don't add abductors to a greenshift]

Scriptis: these captains suck [and deadchat is salty], i'm spawning a revolution [to clean this up]
it was a team effort to fuck up this hard.

187993: It wasn't my call to spawn nuclear operatives, and I'm not supposed to poke at another admin's event. That said, yeah, they were given an extra 200TC and it was really lame.
Spoiler:

Mooshimi

Post by Mooshimi » #648922

Not doing yourself any favors here by remotely nuking the station as centcom right after I post this complaint.
Reference: #188064
Last edited by Mooshimi on Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #648923

Mooshimi wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:07 am Not doing yourself any favors here by remotely nuking the station as centcom right after I post this complaint.
Reference: #188063
Shift 188064, not 188063, for which you were not present. The nuke was armed for a solid forty minutes with a lot of back-and-forth between the crew, myself, an inspector, and a deathsquad. The crew had to make a lot of choices regarding whether to detain their captain (and what that meant), how they could negotiate to disarm the nuke, or if they just wanted to die screaming into the void. As far as I am able to tell, mostly everyone had a good time; the crew was forced into an emergent situation that you don't get by rolling prog traitors idling in lockers for the N+1th time. The round ended at roughly the same time it would have without me getting involved.

Again, if you were present for that shift, I'd love to hear your feedback in a venue other than an admin complaint.
Spoiler:

Mooshimi

Post by Mooshimi » #648928

It's not about feedback to complain about the events, it's that you do it very often.
Mooshimi wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:56 pm The complaint here is about the frequency of the "events".
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #648933

We looked into 188046, 187990, and 187993, and will be responding to both Mooshimi and TypicalRig.

For round 188046, crew member sends the following CentCom report:
SAY: Lokuthewise/(Mr. Chang) (message to CentCom) "Hello, totally the captain here. We would love another wizard. 5 more to be exact. Thank you." (Bridge (108,134,2))
Scriptis spawns 3 more, and replies:
"We have received your request for five wizards. Best we can do is three. Does that work for you?"
For round 187990, it should not only be noted that Scriptis is not the one who created the die of fate, but that Scriptis pitched the idea of spawning several captains to multiple veteran admins, who were on board with the idea. The actual event, spawning a bunch of captains followed by revs, especially given the fact it was a secret extended round, doesn't seem like a big deal for me.

In round 187993, Scriptis is not the one who summoned the nuke ops, but even then it looks like reinforcements were just on sale (plus a surplus of TC, which I think is more or less just what war ops would've gotten). It seems the only complaint you have here is that he didn't tell Drag, but that would appear to be because he was in the middle of an ahelp. Regardless, though, this also doesn't seem like a big deal to me especially since, as you posted, CentCom warned of clearing the stalemate.

That being said, we respect that this isn't necessarily a complaint about the events, but of frequency. To that we would say that if it's an issue, then it looks like Scriptis internalized the message given his replies. These are the types of things that are good to hash out in Scriptis' admin feedback page, but given that this is a complaint my only response is that from what we can tell, it's not that big of a deal and it looks like Scriptis will keep this kind of feedback in mind for the future. With what we have though, this complaint will not be upheld.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<