[thunder12345]- Swagbringer-Inconsistent applying of rules

Swagbringer
Byond Username: Swagbringer

[thunder12345]- Swagbringer-Inconsistent applying of rules

Post by Swagbringer » #267510

Byond account and character name: Swagbringer-I used a random name and I do not recall it. I was playing as the Head of Security.
Admin: Thunder12345
Time and Server incident occurred: 2017-03-17 19:03:03(Server Time) Bagil
Detailed summary: I arrived at the tail end of wizard round where the Wizard had been killed. I would then come into contact with the most revered and beloved player "Lenald Wabbite". Lenald believed it would be a merry jest to use the wizards staff of transformation to turn me into a mouse. After talking to Lenald Wabbite asking to be polymorphed back into my two legged form I was most sadly ignored. I then PM'ed the admins about the prior events. Unfortunately I received radio silence, without the message that no admins are online. It would appear that Lenalds actions were justified. I then spent the next 18-20 minutes approximately ghosted waiting for the shuttle to arrive and the next round to begin. Of course at round end it was revealed that Lenald Wabbite was infact not an antagonist and had no course to do the things he did.

The following round I select the position of Head of Security. Upon reading my the crew manifest I find that we are blessed with the presence of one Lenald Wabbite as our fearless Captain. I decide to take a stroll down to the brig, where I promptly lasered Lenald Wabbite and throught him out of the arrivals airlock. Almost immediately afterwards I was interviewed by Thunder12345, who asked me a series of question before dispensing me with a 3 day ban, justly deserved.

Now that was some terrific admining by Thunder12345, but I am curious why he wasnt quite up to scratch about 30 minutes earlier. Lenald Wabbites corpse was shortly retrieved after the incident due to a poor throw on my part, so overall he spent a significantly shorter period of time out of the game than I (and other characters he polymorphed and killed) did in the previous round.

While I had the fortune to not have been killed in the prior round, playing as a mouse is considerably less fun than playing as a human. Furthermore it is well established that turning players into "lesser" creatures against their wishes (Xenobiology black slimes being the obvious example) is explicitly against the rules. Why was there such a discrepancy in the admins response to this?
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: [thunder12345]- Swagbringer-Inconsistent applying of rul

Post by BeeSting12 » #267512

What you did there is called metagrudging, which is against the rules. Metagrudging is remembering things from previous rounds and then using them in future rounds to negatively affect other players, which is what you did. He griefed you, you griefed him back the next round, which is against the rules.
Swagbringer

Post by Swagbringer » #267513

I am absolutely aware of my failings in regard to behaviour. I have not submitted a ban appeal post and do not intend too. I am simply inquiring as to why certain players seem to be given much softer treatment than others.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #267530

Because I was going between being AFK and dealing with multiple other ahelps the previous round, so I probably missed it. Instead of bringing it up again later or going to supportbus to find someone else, you decided to throw your toys out the pram next round.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Swagbringer

Post by Swagbringer » #267532

Unfortunately when non-antagonists are ending your round, you find yourself in severe lack of toys to throw out of a pram in the first place.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #267533

Join #supportbus on irc.rizon.net or PM a head admin on the forums if people are randomly killing you and your ahelps are going unanswered.
Swagbringer

Post by Swagbringer » #267534

Kor wrote:Join #supportbus on irc.rizon.net or PM a head admin on the forums if people are randomly killing you and your ahelps are going unanswered.
Understood. Can you close this thread for me please, I am pretty sure we are done here.