[Armhulenn] Pathofchaos1 Aggression in the help

PathOfChaos1
Byond Username: Pathofchaos1

[Armhulenn] Pathofchaos1 Aggression in the help

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #301700

Pathofchaos1 - Kevin Walker
12:24 AM~ ish cst 6/1/2017

I was opening the crate on mining accidentally threw my multi-tool blowing up the Abandoned crate (wtf?) I admin helped with a light stating why it blew up with a simple "it hurts" tagged at the end.
Spoiler:
DECA-CODE LOCK REPORT:
* Anti-Tamper Bomb will activate after 2 failed access attempts.
Last code attempt, 7029, had 1 correct digits at correct positions and 1 correct digits at incorrect positions.
Kevin Walker has thrown the multitool.
[Edited loggs of things like *yours eyes hurt* * you got hit by thing* *you knocked on a window/tried to fix something*
Current Admins:
Armhulenn is a TrialAdmin
Adminhelps are also sent to IRC. If no admins are available in game adminhelp anyways and an admin on IRC will see it and respond.
PM to-Admins: Throwing a multitool is strong enough to explode a crate and it hurts..
I was greeted by the idea it was a bannable offense to talk to the admins about an issue I had. Which was apparently crates explode if hit with a multitool though being shot takes a few tries. Yeah it was in a joking manner because I was sort of embarrassed at the whole ordeal of me exploding the crate that way.
Spoiler:
-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Armhulenn: Jokes are not allowed, it's a bannable offense.
Click on the administrator's name to reply.
Kevin Walker fires the proto-kinetic accelerator!
*click*
You can no longer reply to this ticket, please open another one by using the Adminhelp verb if need be.
You can no longer reply to this ticket, please open another one by using the Adminhelp verb if need be.
PR: Pull Request reopened by ChangelingRain: #27695 Robustin - The big one: Gang Wars - Gangpocalypse Edition
PM to-Admins: That wasnt a joke throwing a multi tool causes abandoned crates to explode? do multi tools even have a force value?
He even closed it so I couldn't respond.. He didn't even respond to me talking to him/her afterwards either. I wanted to know what happened, or if I was okay? or any bugs currently out.

I don't know if this is a complaint, or feedback to me it feels like a complaint threatening players because you have 0 sense of humor when they are asking about current events involving damage to the only room in an area to power that area. Then closing the report so they cant respond to your threats is just... bad. Logs can be provided of what I saved if its needed just point me at where I need to upload them.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: [Armhulenn] Pathofchaos1 Aggression in the help

Post by Nilons » #301777

Although closing tickets before the player is satisfied with their answer is a garbo thing to do, you can't possibly see

-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Armhulenn: Jokes are not allowed, it's a bannable offense.

And think "yeah he was so serious here I cant believe he's actually threatening to ban me for a joke.". Don't ahelp jokes if you don't want jokes in return my dude. On the subject of the crate, apparently they explode with a multitool if you throw one at them. Imo armhulen should have just said he doesn't know if he doesn't after repeated attempts to get a serious answer but I'm torn between whether you're genuinely convinced he was going to ban you for sending a joke ahelp or if you're trying to leverage it for your complaint despite knowing how silly that sounds.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #301778

for reference hitting someone with a multitool does 5 damage while the emergency oxygen tank only does 4
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #301819

He admin helped me, "I threw a multitool at a crate so hard it exploded." I genuinely thought this was some elaborate meme
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #301864

Crates are a flat chance of exploding whenever the crate itself takes damage, not when the crate is actually forced open. If anything you stand a higher chance of forcing a secure crate with a weapon that does as much damage as you can muster, since it's fewer flips of the boom-coin before you crack it open as opposed to plinking it with low-damage items.

The chance of blowing up should probably scale with the damage taken in some way but I didn't consider that at the time.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #301868

my professional advice is to use :^) faces to aid in communication online as we do not have the benefit of body language or inflecting or intoning words differently

I doubt there were any hard feelings on armhulennnn and think this was just two jokes that went wrong.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.