[Shadowlight213] - Nilons - Salty peanuts

Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

[Shadowlight213] - Nilons - Salty peanuts

Post by Nilons » #304963

Byond account and character name: Nilons, Ostrava of Nanotrasen

Admin: Shadowlight213

Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: Between 00:22:30 and 03:22:51 Round #71546

Detailed summary: I was playing security on Basil, half paying attention and posting in the discord and forums at the same time, I was in the bar and looked over to discord to type a response to something or another, in the time it took me to type and look back a botanist had just finished injecting me with a fourth DNA injector. I tried to taze him and shot myself because of the deformities, a different officer dragged me back to sec. He had made it so I was convulsing randomly, talking in comic sans, yelling 2 words out of every 10, and unable to shoot a gun. I ahelped it and pestered admins for help in the irc and discord for 20 minutes before I had to go pick up a family member and got no assistance despite a decent number of them shitposting in both of those, shadowlight included. After getting back from picking up who I had to pick up I made a decent ahelp including all the information I could give, accidently posted it to ooc and got memed on, then properly ahelped it. I got shadowlight to look at it from irc and he IC issued me then sent me a message saying "Btfo". He then asked me "wait how many rounds ago" despite there being a roundnumber in my ahelp, leading me to believe he didn't read it. I told him it was 1 or 2 rounds ago, the clockcult one and he started ignoring me despite me asking him to un-ICissue it so that an admin who actually wanted to look into it and come to a verdict could help me. Radio silence, so I'm making this complaint, I would be perfectly fine with everything preceding closing the ticket so that no one else would be able to look into. Meme on me all you want but don't deny me admin help in griff situations for the memes

My ahelp: "Yo I was griffed round 71546 by a botanist named edward kuznetsov. He injected me with a genetics dna injector that made me retarded, pass out randomly, fire my guns into my face (as sec) and could barely communicate due to voice fuck ups. I ahelped it and bothered people in discord and irc but no one came, he didn't pop up antag at the end"
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Re: [Shadowlight213] - Nilons - Salty peanuts

Post by Shadowlight213 » #304964

Joan was on during your ahelp, they should have been the one handling it.
A few things you could have done: reopened the ticket, realized that something from 2 rounds ago is ban request territory.
Im sorry if you thought closing the ticket meant it couldn't be handled but you could have ahelped again. It was in a previous round.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #304965

Shadowlight213 wrote:Joan was on during your ahelp, they should have been the one handling it.
A few things you could have done: reopened the ticket, realized that something from 2 rounds ago is ban request territory.
Im sorry if you thought closing the ticket meant it couldn't be handled but you could have ahelped again. It was in a previous round.
I said during that round, in a discord YOU were posting in, that if they didn't deal with it now I would have to ahelp in like a half hour resulting in log diving. It didn't get dealt with then despite at least 4 admins knowing about it and joan ignoring my ahelp despite being online and stealthed. I shouldn't have to remake tickets because you want to meme on them. There is no possible way its my fault for not opening a second ticket, unless the message you're trying to send is "If an admin tells you no, just ahelp it twice!"
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #304967

I was on a bus, like 10 miles from a computer. How was I supposed to handle it?

Also, yeah maybe closing it probably wasn't the most effective move, but if you explained to any admin that got in, they probably would have looked into it.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #304969

Shadowlight213 wrote:I was on a bus, like 10 miles from a computer. How was I supposed to handle it?
Shadowlight213: I cant handle it right now Im on a bus 10 miles from a computer

Instead of making it so no one else can handle it.
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #304971

Ok. What do you want? Me to get someone to reopen it? You literally could have pmed any admin about it.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #304972

Shadowlight213 wrote:Ok. What do you want? Me to get someone to reopen it? You literally could have pmed any admin about it.
Actually I pmd all of them in a way by using @in-game admins in the discord, 8 online, 4 were actively posting, I want you to acknowledge that you frigged up, thats it. I only take issue with you closing the ahelp instead of telling me you cant deal with it right now.
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #304973

Ok? I was assuming by that time the round would be over.
Also I should yell at cyberboss for not adding a reopen button from irc.
I asked armhulenn to reopen it
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #304976

Shadowlight213 wrote:Ok? I was assuming by that time the round would be over.
Also I should yell at cyberboss for not adding a reopen button from irc.
I asked armhulenn to reopen it
I did it 3 times in the discord during the round, and said the round was going to end soon so it would require log diving if everyone kept ignoring me, so I don't know why you assumed that. Armhulenn talked to me about it and told me to pm a headmin, which ill get right on.
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #304979

I mean when you did the ahelp. The one I closed. You said it was a few rounds ago
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #304980

Just because people tagged as admins on Discord or IRC are active and online does not mean they're obligated to rush to the servers when something bad is happening. Admins are not emergency responder who have some duty to act in situation here; they're simply unpaid volunteers who admin a 2d Spessmen game. They play other games and do other things with their free time.

Go to your messages, create a new PM, on the far right in the box where it says groups; select in-game headmins. Give the details that you provided, any names involved you recall, any ckeys you recall and what not in the PM and title the subject as a something to be investigated/missed ahelp.

One the headmins responsibilities is to look into more grievous matters in cases like this. Especially when there's easier tools available to headmins for log diving.

I might take look at logs later, but I can't give guarantees right now.
Freedom
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #304981

TehSteveo wrote:Just because people tagged as admins on Discord or IRC are active and online does not mean they're obligated to rush to the servers when something bad is happening. Admins are not emergency responder who have some duty to act in situation here; they're simply unpaid volunteers who admin a 2d Spessmen game. They play other games and do other things with their free time.

Go to your messages, create a new PM, on the far right in the box where it says groups; select in-game headmins. Give the details that you provided, any names involved you recall, any ckeys you recall and what not in the PM and title the subject as a something to be investigated/missed ahelp.

One the headmins responsibilities is to look into more grievous matters in cases like this. Especially when there's easier tools available to headmins for log diving.

Its like pottery, ive said multiple times my only real issue was closing the ahelp without even trying to look into it for real
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #304983

Nilons wrote:
TehSteveo wrote:Just because people tagged as admins on Discord or IRC are active and online does not mean they're obligated to rush to the servers when something bad is happening. Admins are not emergency responder who have some duty to act in situation here; they're simply unpaid volunteers who admin a 2d Spessmen game. They play other games and do other things with their free time.

Its like pottery, ive said multiple times my only real issue was closing the ahelp without even trying to look into it for real
Which is understandable. Shadowlight shouldn't have messed with it from IRC.

Yet the fact is, you still have brought up things about pinging admins on Discord/IRC and the complaint does come across as partial ban request, as well. It seems you are still upset over it. So I'm just trying to help you get that addressed. Sorry for assisting in what I can assist with as I can't address the complaint itself.
Freedom
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #304984

TehSteveo wrote:
Nilons wrote:

Which is understandable. Shadowlight shouldn't have messed with it from IRC.

Yet the fact is, you still have brought up things about pinging admins on Discord/IRC and the complaint does come across as partial ban request, as well. It seems you are still upset over it. So I'm just trying to help you get that addressed. Sorry for assisting in what I can assist with as I can't address the complaint itself.
I included those things mostly for context, and I appreciate you trying to help.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #304988

From what I'm seeing I don't think Shadowlight really understood the severity of the situation ingame, and I doubt his intent was to further grief you by pestering you through ahelps. It was shitty, but likely an honest mistake. I don't think punishing an admin is the solution here.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #304991

PKPenguin321 wrote:From what I'm seeing I don't think Shadowlight really understood the severity of the situation ingame, and I doubt his intent was to further grief you by pestering you through ahelps. It was shitty, but likely an honest mistake. I don't think punishing an admin is the solution here.
Me neither, I just want him to acknowledge that it was a mistake
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #305002

I'm sure he's already regretting it after the bickering in this thread.

As an aside, I handled your PM by finding the player responsible through log diving then catching him online on a server and PMing him directly. Your situation has been handled, sorry you got griefed.

I think this can be closed.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: