[Gouty] Pathofchaos1 - Tone it down, and read up.

PathOfChaos1
Byond Username: Pathofchaos1

[Gouty] Pathofchaos1 - Tone it down, and read up.

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #320743

Pathofchaos1 (Kevin Walker) -Observer
Admin: Gouty

Round Id: 73886 Sybil
Time: 6:10~20 AM 7/27/2017
Admin: Gouty

http://imgur.com/a/pFy9E Logs with my conversation with Gouty.

He is a Trial-min so I'm just going to try, and nip this away right now before it gets worse. It was a wizard round I was observing. The wizard wordlessly teleports into robotics, and staff of changes his target (Trey Turner) into a Syndi-borg which proceeds to murderbone. All is well sometime afterwards I get an Ahelp he leads with calling the wrong person an asshole, calling a person who shouldn't be called an asshole one. Admins should know about the policy of a situation if they are trying to do something. Now this aggressive upfront response is not a good image to lead players with. Not only does it sound like his is bullying his player base. If I had not linked that post I did the staff of change policy post. I bet a player would have been banned/noted for doing absolutely nothing wrong. Jumping the gun as a trail-mix is a no go. Insulting players is a no go. (I hope). Now in the admins defense he apologized later. So I guess this can be seen as a recorded feedback session? Either way please fully understand the policy you are trying to enforce. A player shouldn't have to known more about policy than the admin.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: [Gouty] Pathofchaos1 - Tone it down, and read up.

Post by onleavedontatme » #320745

I thought you were allowed to kill people after you got polymorphed by a wizard anyway
PathOfChaos1

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #320746

Kor wrote:I thought you were allowed to kill people after you got polymorphed by a wizard anyway
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=11729 You are in this post bro. Its what I am getting the guy was Involuntarily changed, and Gouty was trying to take action against him.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #320771

You sent us a picture of him saying he'd regret calling people asshole. What do you want out of this complaint?
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #320786

Armhulen wrote:You sent us a picture of him saying he'd regret calling people asshole. What do you want out of this complaint?
yeah he said "I gotta stop doing that, you're right", what is the point of this thread
Limey wrote:its too late.
Gouty
Byond Username: Gouty

Post by Gouty » #320789

Ok, so I see a polymorphed syndicate cyborg tearing the place up, not being aware of the policy change (thinking he has no laws is not an antag) I want to minimise the the amount of damage that they are doing, so I right click them and quickly try to PM them anything "Stop right there criminal scum" style

Stupidly I somehow get the ghost that is orbiting them - PathOfChaos. After I realise I apologise.

In the meantime I talk to the actual person and they inform me to the change of flavour text (i.e. when you are involuntarily polymorphed you are essentially an antagonist). PathOfChaos later sends the link to https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=11729 which I thanked them for.

I'm sorry I wasn't aware of this change to policy, and that I hadn't come across the circumstances in game yet. I was just attempting to minimise the number of people being taken out of the game (a borg with an LMG can take out a lot of people) by what I though was someone breaking the rules and murderboning as a non antag

I apologised in PMs, and gave you a good note thanking you for pointing me in the direction of that topic, despite me having accidentally accused you in the first place. It's a valid complaint but I'm not sure what else I could have done, or what I would have done differently given my knowledge at that time.

Also, I think that rule on polymorphed creatures needs to be balanced somehow otherwise you are going to get people running towards a wizard to "attack it" but really wanting to antag themselves.

Edit: Add to that there is no easy way of checking whether a player was voluntarily or involuntarily polymorphed, and wizards that get the staff will pretty much spam it.
PathOfChaos1

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #320820

Armhulen wrote:You sent us a picture of him saying he'd regret calling people asshole. What do you want out of this complaint?
+ Qbopper

"so I guess this can be seen as a recorded feedback session?" Is also in my post? Perchance you two didn't read it all?

I saw an issue with an admin. If he had not made a mistake, in messaging myself or someone else.. someone may have caught an unjust ban, and have been removed for X amount of time until a more knowledgeable admin came on and corrected him. I was also bringing to light ISSUES with attitude that I saw were present. In case this is a common theme with him with other players.

What I specifically want? Him to recognize his errors outside of a private message to me that no one may pay attention/ remember in the future. If I had done nothing whose to say this wouldn't just be...forgotten. If he NORMALLY acts like an ass to people who are in the wrong.. its bad, and him apologizing to me when I may be the only one who ever sees it doesn't.. actually do anything? Its a complaint + Feedback. What I want doesn't matter you guys are the admins. I felt I should have brought it up, and I did. I'm not some reeing asshole who states to deadmin someone for a single mistake.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #320821

Gouty has apologized in this thread.

Gouty apologized to you for the mistaken identity and for the misunderstanding.

I'm not a headmin, so take this with a grain of salt, but I already see the admin in question having taken actions to remedy their behavior and express that remedy both to you privately and to the gaming populace via this thread.

I'm not sure there's anything actionable here and this feels personal.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #320823

I dont think he wants any hard action like Gouty being deadminned or banned, he just wants a public record of this + headmins to be aware in case this becomes a pattern.
Gouty

Post by Gouty » #320826

Ok, I was with you for most of it but:
PathOfChaos1 wrote:
If he had not made a mistake, in messaging myself or someone else.. someone may have caught an unjust ban
That's quite a jump there, you're acting as if I can't be reasoned with. By the way the ahelp with the actual syndieborg was mostly dealt with before you sent me the link to policy change (and my PMs did not contain the word asshole, not once!)
PathOfChaos1

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #320828

Okay maybe my wording is wrong or perhaps people misunderstand my way of speaking.

I have no personnel issue with Gouty. I simply felt like this should be aware to the admin staff. He is after all a Trial-min (Last I checked unless I'm wrong) I stated this is a Feedback thing melded in. I could have made two posts one in each forum. I Included the pictures of him apologizing because I'm not an asshole. You guys handle the whole trial feedback and I would hope if I in the same situation would also get a thread over it. Perhaps looking into it, or watching him closer? I'm not mad at him. My round wasn't affected. A bad thing COULD have happened, He COULD have had this behavior a lot worse with other players. I cant see it. I'm not trying to be a bad guy. I'm just trying to have things out in the open so things can be thought about. What happens from here is on you guys.
Gouty

Post by Gouty » #320830

Yeah, fair enough. I am normally very patient in ahelps. Rest assured, this is the most zealous I've been in an opening PM, and it was just for the reasons I stated above, I wanted to curb what I thought to be major infraction as soon as possible. Bear in mind I've sent a simple "Stop" or "stop what you're doing" to people before while they are in the process of breaking rules and ruining peoples rounds and that doesn't always get an immediate response.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #320881

Admins can make mistakes, especially new admins, and in this case the admin in question was embarrassed and quick to apologize (and rectify his view on our polymorph policy), clearly showing he instantly realized his mistake and has already learned from it. Not sure what the OP was hoping to do with this thread, admins have individual feedback threads if the idea was just to make the admin team aware of this particular incident.

No action will be taken, this is resolved.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: