[Vekter] Yobihodazine - Inconsistency

Yobih
Byond Username: Yobihodazine

[Vekter] Yobihodazine - Inconsistency

Post by Yobih » #331177

Byond account and character name: Yobihodazine - Sean somethingorother
Admin: Vekter
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: Bagil 12:50
Detailed summary: Banned me for dropping heparin pills, cyanide pills, and sulfonal pills all labeled floor pills. Honestly I've seen an admin talking in deadchat before about it(kevinz i think) and he said "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" so basically it's not griefing. If anything it gives medbay more work that they need. I was going to bed anyway but this ban pissed me off, seems inconsistent. Honestly just tell me whether or not I can't do it, don't make me think I can do it then ban me for it later. Note on the ban was "Extreme greytiding constantly, was warned in the past and is still being a shitter, take a few hours off and rethink your life."
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: [Vekter] Yobihodazine - Inconsistency

Post by kevinz000 » #331179

1. When have I ever said that floor pills are alright
2. That's a phrase said when someone does this griefy bullshit and gets lynched for it, and ahelps going "Oh wow I got lynched for it". Every situation is different, if I publically said "play stupid games get stupid prizes" when someone gets lynched for doing dumb things that doesn't excuse YOU doing it.
And you think? I'd like logs please.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #331180

Yeah, you have about 15 notes on you greytiding.

Also, I asked Kevinz if he told you that and he said no. I didn't ban you just for the pills, I banned you for a history of greytiding, which is covered under rule 1.

I also gave you a REALLY reduced ban time.

Basically, yes, greytiding is acceptable unless it's virtually all you do.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #331185

that was me who said that regarding floorpills, but when we use dsay we show up as admins, also floor pills should be fine, if you pick up an unlabelled pill and eat it, that's on your own head.

now if they label it as a helping pill and then it's a killing pill then they should be punished, but if left blank then it's on whoever eats it imo.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #331186

oranges wrote:that was me who said that regarding floorpills, but when we use dsay we show up as admins, also floor pills should be fine, if you pick up an unlabelled pill and eat it, that's on your own head.

now if they label it as a helping pill and then it's a killing pill then they should be punished, but if left blank then it's on whoever eats it imo.
either go get candidated and adminned or dont do this
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #331199

kevinz000 wrote:
oranges wrote:that was me who said that regarding floorpills, but when we use dsay we show up as admins, also floor pills should be fine, if you pick up an unlabelled pill and eat it, that's on your own head.

either go get candidated and adminned or dont do this
Please no
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #331201

Vekter wrote: I banned you for a history of greytiding, which is covered under rule 1.
While this may be valid if he was actually greytiding, floorpills shouldn't be considered greytiding. It's not even a shitty thing to do. It's like leaving screwdrivers on the floor labeled stab yourself and then be boinked if someone stabs themselves with it.

They are somewhat of a meme and if you eat pills named floorpills you generally should expect to die or be transformed into a lizard.
This would not be the case for pills labeled at something else, but floorpills are floorpills.

If someone ate a floorpill and then ahelped it then they are probably banbaiting.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #331206

does being the organizer of the election give immunity to a juicing of the coder rank hmm?

the ban should be lifted however, I don't think we need to encourage players dumb or bad enough to eat random pills labelled floor pills then complain when they die.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #331208

Generally in the past, willfully doing things that are likely to harm you and then bitching about them harming you has been treated as "play stupid games win stupid prizes" or banbaiting depending on the case in question.

Unless there's some missing detail here, it would appear that whoever reported it/got killed by it is at fault for consuming floor pills.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #331212

? i was talking in dsay and I wasn't attempting to talk as an admin, it just shows up that way you droolies, should I start every message with "notanadmin" and every ooc with "thisisjustmyopinionandodesnotreflecttheviewsofmyemployerortheserver"

plus you know I"m right
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #331224

imblyings wrote:does being the organizer of the election give immunity to a juicing of the coder rank hmm?

the ban should be lifted however, I don't think we need to encourage players dumb or bad enough to eat random pills labelled floor pills then complain when they die.
The ban has already expired, it was a 450 minute ban. If someone can remove the ban note, I'd appreciate it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #331230

Is this really complaint worthy? Especially when you take into account he removed the ban/note and its like his second day back on the job.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #331310

All this thread really says is that the ban was pointless if all he's going to do is not consider his actions and try to validate reasons to excessively tide (worded disarmingly as "giving medbay more work to do") because people died over it. Really it just reaffirms he can grief in this way more unpunished, which is bad for someone who apparently has more then a dozen notes on it. This is not a culture we should be promoting or excusing.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #331314

Yakumo_Chen wrote:All this thread really says is that the ban was pointless if all he's going to do is not consider his actions and try to validate reasons to excessively tide (worded disarmingly as "giving medbay more work to do") because people died over it. Really it just reaffirms he can grief in this way more unpunished, which is bad for someone who apparently has more then a dozen notes on it. This is not a culture we should be promoting or excusing.
If someone's dumb enough to eat a random unlabeled/meme labeled pill off the floor then they have no right to adminhelp their death. It can hardly be considered grief- like maybe it is, but the guy being griefed is dumb enough to get griefed in this manner, so it's invalid. Greytiding is different from floor pills- the latter can hardly be considered grief.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #331315

I put this loaded gun in my mouth and pulled the trigger and honestly I expect the guy who left a loaded gun on the floor to be permabanned.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #331326

Nilons wrote:Is this really complaint worthy? Especially when you take into account he removed the ban/note and its like his second day back on the job.
He didn't. The ban expired and he's now asking for the note the ban leaves to be removed after reconsidering after this thread was posted.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #331341

oranges wrote:? i was talking in dsay and I wasn't attempting to talk as an admin, it just shows up that way you droolies, should I start every message with "notanadmin" and every ooc with "thisisjustmyopinionandodesnotreflecttheviewsofmyemployerortheserver"

plus you know I"m right
dsay should have (RANK) instead of always (ADMIN) so these situations don't occur.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #331356

Long titles would be a hassle in that case
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #331365

Guys, I'm removing the note as soon as I get home. This can be closed.
Spoiler:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #331366

Vekter wrote:Guys, I'm removing the note as soon as I get home. This can be closed.
Good enough for me
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: