[MrAlphonzo] Akula - lack of escalation

akulaindapoola

[MrAlphonzo] Akula - lack of escalation

Post by akulaindapoola » #333163

Byond account and character name: AkulaInThePoola / Smoke Palmer
Admin: MrAlphonzo
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: 8:52 PM CST / Sybil
Detailed summary: I ahelped hoping that someone would be able to resolve this issue I had with a character named "David Leland" and "Scipio Africanas Williams". David Leland murdered me because I disarmed him while he had a medkit in his hand, note that this was round start in tool storage and a publicly available medkit. Once I have the medkit, David hits me then grabs a tool box and starts going at it with Scipio jumping in without being provoked. Someone ends up pushing David down, so I grab his tool box and whack him a few times and figure that is the end of it. However, they continue to pursue me till I die. MrAlphonzo later tells me that this was justified and not an over reaction. I am finding it hard to believe that stealing a medkit justifies murder, and I also find it contradictory to what I was told in my ban appeal regarding the chef and me stealing from their kitchen.
Kor wrote:It is pretty ironic though that if OP had just succumbed and adminhelped the chef would probably have gotten banned for having such a psycho response but responding to that disproportionate force IC got him banned instead

In addition MrAlphonzo said that Scipio was justified and able to help in the murder because it was just gretides against each-other, from what I could gather. Any clarification in this matter would help a lot in me understanding when it is appropriate to ahelp because of a murder or to murder because of a theft.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Re: [MrAlphonzo] Akula - lack of escalation

Post by feem » #333167

Were you banned because of this incident?

Are you appealing a ban?
akulaindapoola

Post by akulaindapoola » #333170

No, I was banned for a similar incident where I retaliated and killed the chef who was acting like David Leland acted. I was using the quote from the ban appeal as an argument on why this trialadmin's ruling is worthy of this admin complaint.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #333171

I've moved this thread to admin complaints for you.
Last edited by feem on Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #333172

He was not banned no.

I assume this was meant to be an admin complaint but an admin refusing to bail you out of dumb assistant brawls that you started is not grounds for a complaint either.