[MrStonedOne] NA - Nuked the Discord without good reason.

scrubs2009
Byond Username: Scrubs2009

[MrStonedOne] NA - Nuked the Discord without good reason.

Post by scrubs2009 » #364408

Scrubs2009 Dick Gumshue

Happened on discord

2:44pm

No round ID

At 2:44 mso nuked the discord server. It is now 10:00 and there is no sign of it coming back soon. He says he did this because "too many people were meming" and he couldn't see notifications about Sybil dying. I'm assuming he's talking about people @ing the staff.

I actually started the ball rolling at 2:11 posting a picture of my tortoise while @ing the staff since we were @everyone'd earlier. Armhulenn told me he had banned someone over it before so he asked me to stop. I did.

Over the course of the next half an hour 4 more people did the same thing. At that point mso decided the best plan of action was to nuke the entire chat for the rest of the day instead of: Posting an announcement in the admin auditorium saying people who do that will be banned, muting the specific channel it happened on, muting the chat for a reasonable amount of time, or even just asking people to stop directly.

That was a silly and shortsighted thing to do. Getting 5 notifications over the course of half an hour isn't reason to take down an entire chat for the rest of the day.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but the rules only talk about not posting forum incidents here and the only other place I could think of to bring this up is on discord but...you know.

Edit: Also treating his player base like his personal Army and telling them to spam the "Nazi digg mods' inboxes" is kind of inappropriate for someone in charge of a community.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [MrStonedOne] NA - Nuked the Discord without good reason

Post by oranges » #364410

oh boy you have a lot to learn
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #364411

The Discord, in itself, is not a necessity that is guaranteed to be given to all players. Although it may have possibly been done out annoyance, I would not imagine this is something that is purely actionable and it is well within his right do this as a host (for whatever reason he deems correct.) Though, I do think that he should unlock the discord.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #364413

THIS BOARD IS FOR SPECIFIC INCIDENCES OF IN-GAME ADMIN ABUSE.