[Daturix] Istoprocent - Maheelius-Topeeth

Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

[Daturix] Istoprocent - Maheelius-Topeeth

Post by Istoprocent1 » #367574

Byond account and character name: Istoprocent - Maheelius-Topeeth
Admin: Daturix
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: Around 23:30 (servertime) Bagil
ROUND ID HERE: 80407

Detailed summary: Joined the round 20 minutes in as a Lizardperson Security Officer. Jude Juneberg was running around in the arrivals in full Death Commando gear (SMG, Assistant PDA and Security Backpack) and once she noticed me she opened fire. It was pretty hectic and eventually my tazer ran out. I pulled out my baton and must have hit beepsky nearby, as I was suddenly stunned and cuffed. June proceeded to steal my tazer and shoot at another officer that just arrived, then running away. I got uncuffed and proceeded to reload my tazer at the starting security room. After a while I managed to find and taze Jude. Took her in custody and proceeded to the brig, which was half blown away. Took her to the backroom in order to put a straightjacket on her and strip her down, because the death commando gear looked pretty threatening. I noticed that some items were left underneath the jacket, thus I removed it and removed the items underneath. Turned out that Jude was just "pranking security". So be it. I hollered over security radio for Warden or HoS to come and implant her for a good measure, because she seemed to posess a threat to the station. Then I got bwoinked by Daturix for absolutely no reason - I never harmed the prisorner, while just waiting for the superiors to get there and implant her for good measure. I said in character after being bwoinked due to Jude's banbaity behaivour: "21[23:13:03] Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth): Nice ahelp bro." and apparently I got noted for it. I feel that the administrator acted unprofessionally (the dialogue was accusative and might have been biased as he was just looking for anything to write me up for. Not only did he contact me first for no reason, but he got me in trouble for a completely irrelevant reason, while ignoring Jude's behaivour.

PS! I do want to mention that Jude Juneberg went out of her way to place security in a position, where she could ahelp them. Do note that she had already been arrested at least once, which I had no knowledge of as I just joined the game. I also did not steal her "essential job items" as I just let her go in only prisorner outfit, because the admin was breathing into my neck for reasons unknown to me.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: [Daturix] Istoprocent - Maheelius-Topeeth

Post by BeeSting12 » #367579

Where's the actual problem? You deserved the note if you did OOC in IC. Believe it or not, there's no admin conspiracy against you.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #367581

BeeSting12 wrote:Where's the actual problem? You deserved the note if you did OOC in IC. Believe it or not, there's no admin conspiracy against you.
The OOC in IC was not excessive and would have never happened, if the admin had observed the situation and not disrupted the flow of the game for no reason.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #367582

It's another "Admins didn't package a free blowjob with my note" complaint, they are volunteers, doing this for free. It's been established in past complaints that professionalism is wanted but not something complaint worthy

On the topic of the round you were being massive shitcurity, I also ahelped you due to some serious shitlery later in the round

Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #367583

Nilons wrote:It's another "Admins didn't package a free blowjob with my note" complaint, they are volunteers, doing this for free. It's been established in past complaints that professionalism is wanted but not something complaint worthy

On the topic of the round you were being massive shitcurity, I also ahelped you due to some serious shitlery later in the round

What did I do? I was tied up the whole ~10 minutes by Jude Juneberg, can you link your problem here?

E: Its like saying that OOC in IC that was caused due to distress of interrupted gameplay for no reason would not be note worthy.
Last edited by Istoprocent1 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #367584

Admins have to investigate stuff which usually includes questioning involved parties. If you didn't want your gameplay interrupted, you could've asked for a few minutes to finish what you're doing. OOC in ICing about it to call the ahelping party salty isn't okay. That wasn't distress, you were just trying to laugh at him.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #367586

Ill post a dedicated long post here in a moment when I get half a second from ahelps. Also I need to speak about Nilons issue In game.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #367587

BeeSting12 wrote:Admins have to investigate stuff which usually includes questioning involved parties. If you didn't want your gameplay interrupted, you could've asked for a few minutes to finish what you're doing. OOC in ICing about it to call the ahelping party salty isn't okay. That wasn't distress, you were just trying to laugh at him.
Why are you assuming that? I just wanted to play the game and was sticking to the rules until I got bwoinked for no reason. Most of us get distressed when our gameplay is interrupted and there is no apparent reason for it. Jude was acting out against security and thats why I called her out under distress, because this type of ban baity behaviour seems to be pretty common in SS13 - people self-antagonize, get caught and then ahelp.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #367588

A wrong doesn't outdo a right and a right doesn't outdo a wrong. Regardless of the actual investigation or situation, if you decide to OOC in IC or IC in OOC during it, you bring upon yourself a separate issue which then must be ruled. Someone else breaking the rules doesn't mean you get to as well.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #367589

Okand37 wrote:A wrong doesn't outdo a right and a right doesn't outdo a wrong. Regardless of the actual investigation or situation, if you decide to OOC in IC or IC in OOC during it, you bring upon yourself a separate issue which then must be ruled. Someone else breaking the rules doesn't mean you get to as well.
As I said, it wasnt the case "they did, so i do it". I was under heavy duress by being interrupted.

E: Admin interruptions should be as minimal as possible and they should be neutral. I understand that the position is for volunteers, but not everybody is cut out to be one. Ive been bwoinked before - somebody opening supermatter shard crate and people running into it, while I tried to put the crate over it and close it. Didnt have any problems there.
Last edited by Istoprocent1 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #367590

I think you missed the point. Please read it again.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #367591

Istoprocent1 wrote:
Okand37 wrote:A wrong doesn't outdo a right and a right doesn't outdo a wrong. Regardless of the actual investigation or situation, if you decide to OOC in IC or IC in OOC during it, you bring upon yourself a separate issue which then must be ruled. Someone else breaking the rules doesn't mean you get to as well.
As I said, it wasnt the case "they did, so i do it". I was under heavy duress by being interrupted.

E: Admin interruptions should be as minimal as possible and they should be neutral. I understand that the position is for volunteers, but not everybody is cut out to be one. Ive been bwoinked before - somebody opening supermatter shard crate and people running into it, while I tried to put the crate over it and close it. Didnt have any problems there.
If your "distress" response is to make a comment that could easily be constituted as snarky or mocking and completely unnecessary (ie: breaking the rules, cause its OOC in IC) you may wish to seek psychological help or consider taking a break from the game.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #367592

Message from Joseph Baum (Assistant), "Hey, Ostrava Of Nanotrasen nearly killed me with a pistol in maint. you should set him to arrest" ( Reply )
[Security] Maheelius-Topeeth hisses, " Jossseph Baum claimsss that Ossstrava tried to kill him with a pissstol, sssearch him. "
Maheelius-Topeeth hisses, " Jossseph Baum claimsss that Ossstrava tried to kill him with a pissstol, sssearch him. "
Maheelius-Topeeth yells, " SSSEARCH!! "
Maheelius-Topeeth hisses, " Keep him cuffed and check hisss ssshit. "
Maheelius-Topeeth tries to remove Jude Junebug's handcuffs.

[Common] Theo Phrastus says, " Ai law 2 call the shuttle "
Ostrava Of Nanotrasen points to the floor x2
Ostrava Of Nanotrasen points to Maheelius-Topeeth x4
Ostrava Of Nanotrasen points to the floor x2
Ostrava Of Nanotrasen points to the reinforced window
Ostrava Of Nanotrasen points to Maheelius-Topeeth
[Common] Swims-The-Void hisses, " WE can fix thisss "
Maheelius-Topeeth hisses, " Go nutsss. " - WAS SAID TO JUDE AS I RELEASED HER DURING BWOINKS

False reports are best reports.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #367593

Okand37 wrote:
Istoprocent1 wrote:

If your "distress" response is to make a comment that could easily be constituted as snarky or mocking and completely unnecessary (ie: breaking the rules, cause its OOC in IC) you may wish to seek psychological help or consider taking a break from the game.
If everybody gets noted for every OOC in IC or IC in OOC, then there would be no players. Clearly the admin was overreacting in this situation and interrupted the gamplay for no reason. Such admins might need a break from their job. You can see that it can go both ways.
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #367594

Istoprocent1 wrote:
Okand37 wrote:
Istoprocent1 wrote:

If everybody gets noted for every OOC in IC or IC in OOC, then there would be no players. Clearly the admin was overreacting in this situation and interrupted the gamplay for no reason. Such admins might need a break from their job. You can see that it can go both ways.
I feel you're completely missing the point, so I'm going to make one last reply and I'd like you to think about it:

I didn't state it was a case of "they did it so I did it" but you're underplaying the fact that you broke the rules because you were under stress of them supposedly doing wrong in your eyes. If your "distress" tendency is to actively type out an OOC in IC message which cannot in any way shape or form be constituted as an in character message then I really don't know what to tell you other than you may be taking the game too seriously. It either requires complete effort from you to type "21[23:13:03] Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth): Nice ahelp bro." or if for whatever reason this is your self defence mechanism, you may wish to consider cooling off from the game.

For every time we notice it, we infact do inform players to not share IC information in OOC or use OOC terms, text, or speech in IC chat. A note does not equal a ban, and there are a lot less people who play the game and are required to be given such attention than those who simply go on with their lives and don't really get admin attention. The admin was not overreacting, and I can't help but to assume that you're attempting to pull this because you feel the situation you were being talked to was unfair; the merit of the note is not invalidated due to the situation you believe was wrong that spurred it.

If you want to talk about "gameplay" how does actively typing out such an out of character message flow with "gameplay" in your mind?

I hope you consider what I've said and it helps you understand the point.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #367601

Admins investigate things sometimes, and you're going to get bwoinked. A great number of the times that people get bwoinked nothing comes of it. You will need to come to terms with this.

When a player OOCs in IC they'll very frequently get a note if it's noticed. There are a LOT of players with OOC in IC notes. They still play.

I think you're going to need to adjust your expectations of the game. Admins ARE going to investigate and you ARE going to be held responsible for the things you do that violate rules.
feem

Post by feem » #367604

Nope. Being bwoinked to figure something out isn't a punishment and as such isn't "unjust," and breaking a rule and getting noted for it is normal.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #367605

Would you prefer admins base actions solely on the victims side of the story?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
feem

Post by feem » #367607

You're missing the point that you were bwoinked to investigate an issue raised by another player, and then during that investigation, you broke a different rule entirely of your own volition.

This isn't entrapment. The default response for players isn't to scream ICly that they were bwoinked. Nobody invited you to OOC in IC. They are not related incidents except that 1) you did it during the investigation, 2) you berated the other player for starting the investigation.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #367608

feem wrote:You're missing the point that you were bwoinked to investigate an issue raised by another player, and then during that investigation, you broke a rule entirely of your own volition.
The gameplay was already interrupted for both of us at that point. We were the only ones with the ghosts and admins listening on.

E: Feem, I just joined the game, only person I arrested was Jude, clearly we both knew who ahelped and thus there was no effect on the gameplay.
Last edited by Istoprocent1 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #367609

Okay. heres our convo in logs completely uneditted besides sliding into the correct timeslot, including all my horrid spelling mistakes of the time. Line formatting due to me using notepad++'s find all selection tool.
Spoiler:
Line 4209: [23:12:05]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Daturix/(Jayne Staymates)->Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth): For breaking security rules and not allowed theft and such, mind explaining why you're straightjacketing him afte rhe was processed and released?
Line 4283: [23:12:49]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): Hey. Guy was shooting around, straightjacketed for my own safety, who knows what he has on him. Waiting for HoS or Warden to show up to chip him and release.
Line 4312: [23:13:13]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): Guy is banbaiting.
Line 4360: [23:13:45]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Daturix/(Jayne Staymates)->Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth): Banbaiting no, as I was speaking with him earlier when some people in sec unruflefully stole his essential job equipment and then hes just been arrested again
Line 4436: [23:14:36]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): I joined the game at 20 minute mark and he was in suspicious gear shooting a SMG. Clearly a repeated behaivour. I have no clue what he has upto before. I let him go. But he clearly is banbaiting if that kinda shit went on before I joined.
Line 4488: [23:15:13]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): You can see I have no sec hud, so I am not sure what his status is, because he interrupted me getting to sec with SMG shooting.
Line 4535: [23:15:46]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Daturix/(Jayne Staymates)->Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth): If you were one to take his essential job equipment when he was released from security thats an issue. Also, NO OOC IN IC BRUH "21[23:13:03] Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth): Nice ahelp bro." Noted.
Line 4647: [23:16:45]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Daturix/(Jayne Staymates)->Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth): I am noting you for breaking our rules.
Line 4601: [23:16:29]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): Wow. Man, why are you getting in my face? I was just doing my job.
Line 4735: [23:17:26]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): Aah, okay. You do know that it wouldnt have happened if you had observed your buddy before, right? He clearly is ban baiting sec with the gear he had. Check my location.
Line 4776: [23:17:51]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): I did not take any of his "essential equipment" other than the PDA.
Line 4810: [23:18:07]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Daturix/(Jayne Staymates)->Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth): He is not my buddy. If you have no part in this then set him on his merry way.
Line 4855: [23:18:34]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): Already did, though I dont appreciate your attitute nor you turning this against me and noting me for no reason.
Line 4911: [23:19:03]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): Guy runs around in Death Commando suit with SMG and suddenly its not okay to arrest them?
Line 5053: [23:20:25]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Daturix/(Jayne Staymates)->Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth): I am noting you for breaking our rules, if you dont believe me please take some time to read them. https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules Oh and I mean rule 3, which is ooc in ic. meta knowledge that your Ic In character person wouldnt know of.
Line 5118: [23:21:07]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): Excessive OOC. I just noted his banbaity behaivour.
Line 5139: [23:21:29]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Daturix/(Jayne Staymates)->Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth): You said Nice ahelp bro, which is blatent and obvious ooc in ic
Line 5190: [23:22:03]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): But not immersion breaking or excessive. I am going to screencap it and take it to the forums, because this is not cool man.
Line 5260: [23:22:55]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Daturix/(Jayne Staymates)->Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth): It is a blatent breaking of our rule 3. Go ahead and try to fight against the "nice ahelp bro" because i cant understand why you think this isnt breaking the rule.
Line 5343: [23:23:42]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): I am going to report you, man. Not only did you approach the situation unprofessionally, but you also turned it against me for no reason.
Line 5409: [23:24:16]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): If I am going to get OOC note for this and the guy who has been running around bugging security and baiting bans is not then its clearly not okay.
Line 5647: [23:25:57]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Daturix/(Jayne Staymates)->Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth): Please if you have an issue with how I handled this go right ahead I implore you to. But to try and make this about how you are handled versus how someone else is handled it will most likely be ignored due to how every situation is very different. And please tell me how hes banbaiting you? As you said, you only came in 20 minutes after and only took his pda, please tell me how he was banbaiting you
Line 5797: [23:26:52]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): Look at his gear - assistant with death commando gear, smg and security backpack shooting at sec, stealing batons etc. You said he was arrested before, which means he has been doing it for 20 minutes.
Line 5866: [23:27:14]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): I was merely waiting for Warden or HoS to show up to chip him, before you interrupted me.
Line 6251: [23:30:01]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Daturix/(Jayne Staymates)->Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth): Did he specifically target you or did you go out of your way to go to him
Line 6339: [23:30:52]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): He specifily targeted me and ran around me while shooting at me. Then he proceeded to take my baton and run away with it.
Line 6577: [23:32:50]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Daturix/(Jayne Staymates)->Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth): So your fret is he was banbaiting?
Line 6652: [23:33:44]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): My problem is you getting in my face and then starting randomly nitpicking on me saying a single line, while Jude Juneberg was clearly going out of her way to bait security into positions where she could ahelp them and get them in trouble.
Line 6845: [23:35:52]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): All I wanted to do was play spessman. If a person acts like an antag, they get treated like an antag. I did not harm Jude nor was the admin intervention even neccesary. Thus I propose you deleting the note and talking with Jude about ban baiting.
Line 7171: [23:38:49]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Daturix/(Jayne Staymates)->Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth): I was already speaking with them, and the note is staying as it is a break of our rule 3 and even if you threaten with a complaint I am not changing a thing. If you think breaking our rule 3 should be ignored because a gay was "ban baiting in your opinion" then please go speak with any other admin and see if they'd remove the note in the situatuion
Line 7217: [23:39:20]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): I am not threatening you in any shape or form. Was merely hoping for a gentlemens agreement, but so be it.
Line 7249: [23:39:43]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Daturix/(Jayne Staymates)->Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth): An agreement to let you break the rules and not do my volunteer job? Never.
Line 7305: [23:40:22]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth)->Daturix/(Jayne Staymates): No. I was pointing out a mistake you made and was hoping you would fix it on the spot. A single line is not excessive OOC especially when you were the first to contact me and I was not reported for OOC.
Line 7383: [23:41:21]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Daturix/(Jayne Staymates)->Istoprocent/(Maheelius-Topeeth): http://prntscr.com/hpbvwe you said 1 thing of ooc in ic, people are noted for it ALL the time.
Uh, besides the logs I dunno what to say, i think nothing as I dont think I can add anything of value. I'll let the logs speak for this all.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #367611

Also, I would like to point out this: 2. If you are not an admin or directly involved with the complaint (You are the guy who was banned, you saw what happened, you were his victim, etc.) then do not post in the complaint.

Bunch of admins grouping up on a single guy is not cool.
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #367613

Technically I'm breaking the rules here because admins shouldn't handle their own complaint.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #367615

You broke a rule. You admit you broke a rule. You were noted for breaking the rule.

This complaint is stupid.
Alipheese wrote:Technically I'm breaking the rules here because admins shouldn't handle their own complaint.
No, you're certainly allowed to respond to accusations against you in a complaint directed at you.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #367617

cedarbridge wrote:You broke a rule. You admit you broke a rule. You were noted for breaking the rule.

Alipheese wrote:Technically I'm breaking the rules here because admins shouldn't handle their own complaint.
No, you're certainly allowed to respond to accusations against you in a complaint directed at you.
The situation and context matters. Please read through the thread. Also, are you encouraging behaviour where an assistant goes around and "pranks security" and then ahelps?
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #367618

did istoprocent take any essential department gear, if so what? if not, why bring it up?

dat said he was processed and released, and then straitjacketed, isto said he was straitjacketed so the warden or hos could implant him, was the timeline of events a first arrest, then a second arrest by istoprocent when the guy was playing deathcommando? getting someone implanted after they were shooting up the place isn't unreasonable. Was it tator chameleon gear? or did istoprocent mistake the swat armour and guns from cargo as deathsquad gear?
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #367619

Istoprocent1 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:You broke a rule. You admit you broke a rule. You were noted for breaking the rule.

The situation and context matters. Please read through the thread.
I read the thread. I know the context and situation. I know that you broke a rule and I know that you admitted to breaking the rule. I know that the note you received was for breaking a rule. Nothing from my original post requires changing to reflect information I already had. You were noted correctly for breaking a rule that you admit to breaking. This complaint is still stupid.
Also, are you encouraging behaviour where an assistant goes around and "pranks security" and then ahelps?
Quote me where I said this or encouraged this behavior. I'll wait.
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #367621

imblyings wrote:did istoprocent take any essential department gear, if so what? if not, why bring it up?

dat said he was processed and released, and then straitjacketed, isto said he was straitjacketed so the warden or hos could implant him, was the timeline of events a first arrest, then a second arrest by istoprocent when the guy was playing deathcommando? getting someone implanted after they were shooting up the place isn't unreasonable. Was it tator chameleon gear? or did istoprocent mistake the swat armour and guns from cargo as deathsquad gear?
From my knowledge (i didnt go back and check if the lizard officer was istoprotect i saw him shooting at earlier in cham gear he somehow fucking got as nonantag in arrivals) but he got arrested. ahelped sec stole his engi gear and he was released. i was orbitting him and he was outside of brig from being dragged by an officer i assume, but he was then rearrested because he wasnted taken off arrest. and then istoprotect came by and snagged him.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #367622

Alipheese wrote:
imblyings wrote:did istoprocent take any essential department gear, if so what? if not, why bring it up?

From my knowledge (i didnt go back and check if the lizard officer was istoprotect i saw him shooting at earlier in cham gear he somehow fucking got as nonantag in arrivals) but he got arrested. ahelped sec stole his engi gear and he was released. i was orbitting him and he was outside of brig from being dragged by an officer i assume, but he was then rearrested because he wasnted taken off arrest. and then istoprotect came by and snagged him.
I arrested the guy for shooting at me with SMG while wearing full Death Commando gear (suit, mask, green headset [revealed in search], chameleon glasses [revealed in search]). I did not have Security HUD, so I did not even know Jude was wanted or parolled nor did Beepsky act up on her. She also stole baton and shot another officer.

E: I let Jude leave without PDA and ID (which could be considered essential, but that was long after it was brought up in the bwoinks, somebody else stole her gear on the previous arrests if she was baiting other sec earlier) as I was under the gun from Daturix. I did not want any problems, notes or bans out of a situation, thus the fastest way out of it seemed to just release it and deal with the fact that I cannot arrest Jude or I will be bwoinked.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #367623

Can you detail to us what exactly you're complaining about?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #367624

BeeSting12 wrote:Can you detail to us what exactly you're complaining about?
Can you please not derail this topic? You are an admin, please act like one.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #367625

Istoprocent1 wrote:
I'm not derailing it. I'm confused about what you're complaining about. We've addressed that the OOC in IC note was valid, bwoinking you was valid. What else could be the problem?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #367629

BeeSting12 wrote:
Istoprocent1 wrote:
I'm not derailing it. I'm confused about what you're complaining about. We've addressed that the OOC in IC note was valid, bwoinking you was valid. What else could be the problem?
None of your three posts add to the conversation. Admin pre-emptively interrupting the game instead of letting the events unfold, which caused the cascade of events (OOC in IC came out, somebody died in the brig [not in my field of vision] and so on). Bringing up some random stuff from previous ahelps that I had nothing to do with and then noting me for OOC in IC, because there was nothing else to hold against me.
Last edited by Istoprocent1 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #367630

None of your three posts add to the conversation. Admin pre-emptively interrupting the game instead of letting the events unfold, which caused the cascade of events (OOC in IC came out, somebody died in the brig [not in my field of vision] and so on). Bringing up some random stuff from previous ahelps that I had nothing to do with and then noting me for OOC in IC, because there was nothing else to hold against me.
this thread doesnt add to the conversation ==
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #367659

So I can understand not liking how they went about questioning you. Admins should idealllllllly avoid questioning people in an accusatory matter unless they honestly feel they have all of the information, (and in such cases the question would be rhetorical). Starting off questioning with "mind telling me why" can come off as rude and places the other person on the defensive needlessly. So I can see where you are coming from there.

If that was your entire complaint you would have fared much better, you would have had my sympathy, and you would have had the moral high ground to some degree.

But then you bring up the note, and the ooc in ic comment, and complained about being bwoinked in general, and now you just look like another shitter.

So let me just go ahead and clearly state something for everyone reading:

1: You will get bwoinked about why you are doing things, and this is no big deal.

Repeat that after me:

I will get bwoinked about why I am doing things, and this is no big deal

The only time you ANYBODY should be making an admin complaint that has anything to do with getting bwoinked to explain why you are doing things is if the one bwoinking is involved/the "victim".

And finally, on the topic of the note. Consider yourself lucky it was just a note, If that was me you'd be sitting out for an hour as there is nothing that more epitomizes "shitty player" then getting salty about another player ahelping. (In fact a small part of me feels like making an admin complaint because they DIDN'T ban you.)

1: If you were in the right, you've just extruded more salt than the opposing party over a non-issue, and willfully broke the rules to do so.

2: Do you know how many times people in deadchat ahelp something that seems off, or how many times admins just go and investigate something because they observed the tail end of it and want to make sure everything was proper? Assuming it was the other person just makes you look like an ass

So, my advice to anybody reading this thread: Bwoinks are no big deal. Do not get salty over getting ahelped, don't accuse the victim of being the one who ahelped in ic if you like playing here, (and if you can, please try and avoid mentioning it in ooc after the round as well, as you could end up looking like a fool if they didn't even ahelp it), and finally, be selective about what you make an Admin complaint on. Throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks sounds good in theory, but as you can see here, it fails in practice.

We now await the headmins to rule on the admins ahelp attitude (as they are not likely to rule in your favor on the note nor the actual act of bwoinking you) but the most you can expect is that they say they will give the admin some more training on how to approach people when investigating.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #367660

MrStonedOne, you can see that half of this thread has been deleted and some of it was just bunch a random stuff to derail the topic. Bwoinking is always a big deal for a player, especially if they have had a bad experience before (I stopped playing Assistants due to Gouty's ordeal). Security might be the next to go, because you are sending a clear message that its okay for salty players to just ahelp and cause trouble for security players. Nothing was off, I was playing the game by the rules and I still got bwoinked, which lead me into trouble. Why is that? Why does an admin interrupt the game with rotten attitude that "something happened before, you better not be the guy". I have played on the server for awhile and seen stuff like Theo Legend straight up burning people with chemspray for "hacking medbay door" and at the moment you are saying that calling out an ahelper who ahelped for no reason is worse than that?

I have no problems with communicating with admins, although, I would appreciate if the admins had a neutral approach not just jump straight into my face and start nitpicking on irrelevant things.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #367662

and at the moment you are saying that calling out an ahelper who ahelped for no reason is worse than that?
Yes, Yes I am. Breaking the fourth wall, for ANY reason, is worst then griefing. And if you can't understand that, then maybe hippie or yog might be more your speed.

I'd rather deal with rshoe dosing the server then somebody who gets salty and breaks character to express it.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #367663

First of all did you even read his post
Istoprocent1 wrote: Bwoinking is always a big deal for a player,
Secondly, we were and are all players too. Bwoinking is an issue for yourself, not the majority of players. See that line MSO gave you? Go look in a mirror and say it to yourself several times.

I will get bwoinked about why I am doing things, and this is no big deal.

So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #367669

Fourth wall is broken on bwoinks as well. Then again - your server, your rules.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #367686

This is fucking stupid, don't be salty in ooc and what I have to tell off daturix about i will do so later.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #367687

Grow some balls and admit you fucked up, stop trying to twist an OOC in IC note you got for something you 100% did of your own volition on someone else.
I'm not an admin, so eat my ass about professionalism. Answer the damn questions without being an irritating prick and admins are more likely to understand your side of problems without assuming you to be whiny shitbag you are.

I'm not wrong and whoever ends up deleting this post to clean up is only doing so begrudgingly while agreeing with me.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.