[Daturix] Shark-sie - Ridiculous TC trade

Shark-sie

[Daturix] Shark-sie - Ridiculous TC trade

Post by Shark-sie » #380025

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Shark-sie and Theo Legend
Admin: Daturix I believe
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: Bagil, entire round but happened around 12:10 i think
ROUND ID HERE: 83459
Detailed summary: Daturix thought it would be a good idea to spawn a simple-mob that wasnt obviously an antag, with full human speed, with tier 4 fireball and explosion immunity, without making a station announcement until 1/4th of the crew was dead. Just this morning I was denied LAUGHTER DEMON because it was "too powerful" but then we get this dude spawning tier 4 fireball during traitors on a mob thats immune to explosions and fire. Not okay, killed a massive number of people through sheer surprise, then was insanely powerful.

To be clear I am upset that for a default 20 tc he allowed a player to be a simplemob, immune to fire and explosions, running at full player speed, with fireball 4, that was not overtly hostile in appearance.

Araylina Svipul would like me to add that after a centcomm official was spawned, she went and emagged the centcomm ferry and made it to centcomm. Emagged her way around, and prepared to hijack shuttle for her objective. Apparently daturix spawned a sniper rod and killed her, which also depressurized the shuttle for the REST of the server.
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Re: [Daturix] Shark-sie - Ridiculous TC trade

Post by Alipheese » #380026

First it was a TC trade from a player and it was unique and not the usual i wanna be revenant or nightmare so I thought it'd be nice for a mix up in things.
They were not immune to explosions or fire and had less health than a human. Do I need to make an announcement whenever I do a tc trade?
Fireball tiers I don't know of and first I'm hearing of this. So if thats a thing I am sorry as I am completely unaware of that existing.

Please keep other peoples businesses out of your complaint.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Shark-sie

Post by Shark-sie » #380027

If you want their business removed then please message them as such, because they are under the impression that it would be included here, and asked me to do so. I will remove it if they are messaged, but it is relevant to the "admin abuse" theme of this complaint
Second, you should know how antagonists work. Wizard has fireball 1-5, each reducing the cooldown. Fireball 5 is 0cd. This one seemed to be around 2 seconds cd.
Third, you claimed they had 11 hp, which MIGHT have made this okay. If they had 11hp, and werent immune to explosions, they would have died when they kissed my and fireballed down my throat. If it is not the case that they were immune and they were taking damage, why would you think giving someone 100hp and low cd fireball for a tc trade is okay? Thats literally the same as me saying "Give me a wizard book with 8 points for fireball" .
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #380028

If they have an issue they need to make their own complaint as this is your complaint and not theirs and does not belong in your complain thread against me.
The player was not turned into a wizard, they were put as an egg and given the fireball spell with no modifcations to the spell.
The 11 hp was their current hp when people asked how much it had, at max it was 75 to prevent a laser from 1 shotting and instantly killing. I did nothing to their damage resistances, they took damage like normal.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
ghostecho
Byond Username: GhostEchoe

Post by ghostecho » #380029

Im not sure about Shark-sie's stuff, but I was Araylina. I had emagged the centcomm ferry console that an official came aboard on, and made it to centcomm without any exploits or bugs, and messed around a bit, went to the Emergency Shuttle, laid the boarder, pulse carbine and unica out in it, and went to the console to see what would happen if I tried emagging it while it was still docked, nothing happened, but I got rodded shortly after and without any warning. I wasn't planning on hijacking, but when I tried asking for an antag token, I was simply told "Do not go to CentComm".

I went into the rules page to see if anything was there about going to CC and I saw nothing, but I would also refer to
"Lone antagonists can do whatever they want.
Short of metagaming/comms, bug/exploit abuse, erotic/creepy stuff, OOC in IC or IC in OOC, and spawn-camping arrivals. Team antagonists can do whatever they want as per lone antagonists, as long as it doesn’t harm their team. Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists, but non-antagonists are not allowed to pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists without reasonable prior cause. Non-antags acting like an antag can be treated as an antag. "
I did not violate any listed rules, and recieved no warning to leave before being killed, even after sending some messages and calling the shuttle from the comms console on CC. So it's not like they weren't aware I was there, unless they just didn't see I was. I only add onto this complaint, because he did not provide any substantial arguemnet as to why he could not provide an antag token outside of "You should have known"
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #380030

ghostecho wrote:
Spoiler:
Im not sure about Shark-sie's stuff, but I was Araylina. I had emagged the centcomm ferry console that an official came aboard on, and made it to centcomm without any exploits or bugs, and messed around a bit, went to the Emergency Shuttle, laid the boarder, pulse carbine and unica out in it, and went to the console to see what would happen if I tried emagging it while it was still docked, nothing happened, but I got rodded shortly after and without any warning. I wasn't planning on hijacking, but when I tried asking for an antag token, I was simply told "Do not go to CentComm".

I went into the rules page to see if anything was there about going to CC and I saw nothing, but I would also refer to
"Lone antagonists can do whatever they want.
Short of metagaming/comms, bug/exploit abuse, erotic/creepy stuff, OOC in IC or IC in OOC, and spawn-camping arrivals. Team antagonists can do whatever they want as per lone antagonists, as long as it doesn’t harm their team. Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists, but non-antagonists are not allowed to pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists without reasonable prior cause. Non-antags acting like an antag can be treated as an antag. "
I did not violate any listed rules, and recieved no warning to leave before being killed, even after sending some messages and calling the shuttle from the comms console on CC. So it's not like they weren't aware I was there, unless they just didn't see I was. I only add onto this complaint, because he did not provide any substantial arguemnet as to why he could not provide an antag token outside of "You should have known"
Take this to your own complaint and I will respond to it there.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #380050

rules wrote: Losing is part of the game.
Your character will frequently die, sometimes without even a possibility of avoiding it. Events will often be out of your control. No matter how good or prepared you are, sometimes you just lose.
Headadmin rulings wrote: It's gotten out of hand. Too many people are incapable of making reasonable complaints about admin events and it's bordering on shitting up the entire process and complaint forum by bogging it down with pointless complaints that inevitably cannot lead to anything.

Admin events are not something you file an official complaint about. They weren't before, and I'm not sure how it started, but they shouldn't be now either. From now on they are getting trashed. I'm not saying bad events aren't a thing, but they are never really going to result in problems.

I'm sure this is going to upset plenty of people but you have the official event workshop thread here which would value your criticism and ideas, admin feedback for actual problems and singulo for bitching.

The majority of complaints have been almost entirely emotional, based on one shitty round. Normally people get pissed at RNG for killing them but if an admin touches a button suddenly there is a solid tangible person to be fucking furious at. A round is a couple hours long at most. If you can't handle not having spessmans exactly how you like it for two hours you need to chill out.

It's just really depressing when the admin complaint forum is nothing but bitching about events and all of the valid complaints float around on singulo forever unresolved because people are either paranoid that they will get black bagged by the admin conspiracy and stuffed in the back of the van or just prefer a place where their facts don't need verification.

Admins will still be held accountable for events, they just aren't going to be immediately deadminned for them like an admin complaint would call for. Admins are encouraged to push buttons. The game gets stale as fuck without them. There's a reason Bagil is desperate for admins all the time.

TL;DR: If you have a problem with an event, it no longer goes here. Use Event Workshop for critique and ideas, use admin feedback to talk about a specific admin's events, and use singulo to bitch. Remember you can also talk to any admin by adminhelping, finding an admin you trust and PMing them or in #supportbus.

Feel free to ask questions but this thread is obviously going to be heavily moderated.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #380053

It was a tc trade you tard
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #380054

oranges wrote:
rules wrote: Losing is part of the game.
Your character will frequently die, sometimes without even a possibility of avoiding it. Events will often be out of your control. No matter how good or prepared you are, sometimes you just lose.
Headadmin rulings wrote: It's gotten out of hand. Too many people are incapable of making reasonable complaints about admin events and it's bordering on shitting up the entire process and complaint forum by bogging it down with pointless complaints that inevitably cannot lead to anything.

Admin events are not something you file an official complaint about. They weren't before, and I'm not sure how it started, but they shouldn't be now either. From now on they are getting trashed. I'm not saying bad events aren't a thing, but they are never really going to result in problems.

I'm sure this is going to upset plenty of people but you have the official event workshop thread here which would value your criticism and ideas, admin feedback for actual problems and singulo for bitching.

The majority of complaints have been almost entirely emotional, based on one shitty round. Normally people get pissed at RNG for killing them but if an admin touches a button suddenly there is a solid tangible person to be fucking furious at. A round is a couple hours long at most. If you can't handle not having spessmans exactly how you like it for two hours you need to chill out.

It's just really depressing when the admin complaint forum is nothing but bitching about events and all of the valid complaints float around on singulo forever unresolved because people are either paranoid that they will get black bagged by the admin conspiracy and stuffed in the back of the van or just prefer a place where their facts don't need verification.

Admins will still be held accountable for events, they just aren't going to be immediately deadminned for them like an admin complaint would call for. Admins are encouraged to push buttons. The game gets stale as fuck without them. There's a reason Bagil is desperate for admins all the time.

TL;DR: If you have a problem with an event, it no longer goes here. Use Event Workshop for critique and ideas, use admin feedback to talk about a specific admin's events, and use singulo to bitch. Remember you can also talk to any admin by adminhelping, finding an admin you trust and PMing them or in #supportbus.

Feel free to ask questions but this thread is obviously going to be heavily moderated.
. (then again this is "There's a reason Bagil is desperate for admins all the time" era so if kor or ausops wants to reopen it sure)