[Daturix] GhostEchoe - Minor Annoyance

ghostecho
Byond Username: GhostEchoe

[Daturix] GhostEchoe - Minor Annoyance

Post by ghostecho » #380032

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: GhostEchoe - Araylina Svipul
Admin: Daturix I believe
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: About 3/4s into the round on Bagil
ROUND ID HERE: 83459
Detailed summary: At some point during the round, a CentComm official came aboard. I didn't think much about it at first as a Traitor, but I saw the ferry parked and decided what the hell, emagged it and was able to go to CentComm. There I messed around a bit, did a #SyndisOnCentComm announcement, and sent a message to the syndicate about how I had access to the Boarder, Pulse Rifle and Unica, yet I had used sleeping carp. The response was "that is disgustingly disappointing" and that was that. I decided I'd send the weapons with the shuttle, and thought to myself, what if I emagged the shuttle console while it was still docked? Nothing happened, and I didnt plan on going down with it, but then I got rodded all of a sudden, and killed.

Following a request for an antag token, Daturix simply replied, "Do not go to CentComm", but upon further inquiry, he implied I should have known not to go there based purely on the idea that because it takes an admin to get spawns in CC to go to station through the ferry, it is "restricted by default", which I can understand, but I received no warnings to leave, and did not know it was restricted to go there using the ferry and no exploits,

In the rules it states:
"Lone antagonists can do whatever they want.
Short of metagaming/comms, bug/exploit abuse, erotic/creepy stuff, OOC in IC or IC in OOC, and spawn-camping arrivals. Team antagonists can do whatever they want as per lone antagonists, as long as it doesn’t harm their team. Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists, but non-antagonists are not allowed to pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists without reasonable prior cause. Non-antags acting like an antag can be treated as an antag. "
I abused no bugs or exploits, received no warnings to leave when I would have complied and was denied a token. I don't really want to complain against Daturix, because I can understand why he might want centcomm to be offlimits, but I would like to receive an antag token since I was killed for what at the time seems like no discrenable reason besides an admin make extra unlisted rules.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: [Daturix] GhostEchoe - Minor Annoyance

Post by cedarbridge » #380034

I had to chase a guy off of the ferry the other day too. What I'd like to know is when and why the console was made to interact at all with emags when I don't believe it did previously.
ghostecho

Post by ghostecho » #380035

cedarbridge wrote:I had to chase a guy off of the ferry the other day too. What I'd like to know is when and why the console was made to interact at all with emags when I don't believe it did previously.
I don't know, but if its something that you can get a rod bussed on you and killed as an antag, and then not receive an antag token because it should have been "known", then I would think it be a wise idea to mention in the rules. I don't really care if it ultimately is allowed or disallowed, I just wish it was actually told somewhere, and not learned after the fact
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #380036

People have got to centcom before in exploit ways or by some way, they are always removed, be it outright deletion, spawning the admins self in and acting as security or similar things. You've played here for awhile and should know that centcom ferry never leaves unless an admin has done something so it will never be accessable to players under any normal circumstances, and thus no reason for you to be there. I killed you for being in a restricted area. I don't believe theres anything else to say.
Knowing that your target was already dead and you got to centcom "your escape objective" essentially I manually marked you for greentext. So if it's about that it's unneeded.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
ghostecho

Post by ghostecho » #380039

Alipheese wrote:People have got to centcom before in exploit ways or by some way, they are always removed, be it outright deletion, spawning the admins self in and acting as security or similar things. You've played here for awhile and should know that centcom ferry never leaves unless an admin has done something so it will never be accessable to players under any normal circumstances, and thus no reason for you to be there. I killed you for being in a restricted area. I don't believe theres anything else to say.
Knowing that your target was already dead and you got to centcom "your escape objective" essentially I manually marked you for greentext. So if it's about that it's unneeded.
I care not about the greentext, considering I went there without figuring out if my target was dead or not. I care about the fact I would have done other things with my round had I lived, or had I known centcomm was off limits. And if people are getting there without using an exploit, (unless EMAGs are exploits now?), then you should give a warning, considering there was no way to know Id just get killed outright for going there and messing around. CentComm is not mentioned once in the rules page, and lone antags have essentially free reign.
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #380040

ghostecho wrote:
Alipheese wrote:People have got to centcom before in exploit ways or by some way, they are always removed, be it outright deletion, spawning the admins self in and acting as security or similar things. You've played here for awhile and should know that centcom ferry never leaves unless an admin has done something so it will never be accessable to players under any normal circumstances, and thus no reason for you to be there. I killed you for being in a restricted area. I don't believe theres anything else to say.
I care not about the greentext, considering I went there without figuring out if my target was dead or not. I care about the fact I would have done other things with my round had I lived, or had I known centcomm was off limits. And if people are getting there without using an exploit, (unless EMAGs are exploits now?), then you should give a warning, considering there was no way to know Id just get killed outright for going there and messing around. CentComm is not mentioned once in the rules page, and lone antags have essentially free reign.
Antags do have limits, and a good example is a note I received as one, killing fresh spawns is a no no for anyone. So calling out that antags can do literally anything is wrong. If you can't get to a place by any means you have control over, are you supposed to get there? No because you have no natural way to get there, this is a concept in almost every game that has a map. You are restricted to a certain area. In ss13, its every z level BUT centcomm.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
ghostecho

Post by ghostecho » #380041

Alipheese wrote:
ghostecho wrote:
Alipheese wrote:People have got to centcom before in exploit ways or by some way, they are always removed, be it outright deletion, spawning the admins self in and acting as security or similar things.
Antags do have limits, and a good example is a note I received as one, killing fresh spawns is a no no for anyone. So calling out that antags can do literally anything is wrong. If you can't get to a place by any means you have control over, are you supposed to get there? No because you have no natural way to get there, this is a concept in almost every game that has a map. You are restricted to a certain area. In ss13, its every z level BUT centcomm.
I know, I said "essentially" because its applied to only a few things such as using exploits and bugs, ERP and other shit, but nothing about going to CentComm through legit means. Someone called in a centcomm official and they brought the ferry down, I used an emag on the ferry and was able to go to centcomm. And using your map argument, some restricted areas in games are able to be gotten to rather through random events or etc. CentComm is still a zlevel, and is a part of the entire map. I did not break any rules with the method I used to get to CentComm.
ghostecho

Post by ghostecho » #380042

Regardless though, I'd rather have other opinions here, since you were the one who answered my ahelp and I presume sent the rod, I doubt I'll change your mind.
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #380043

Aye, last post before others opinions as theres nothing happening with our back and forth. You could have simply ahelped to check if its okay.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #380047

I don't see why you couldn't have just teleported him back to arrivals when that's like two buttons at most, but mostly when he got there through legitimate means. And what Cedar said, why is that even emaggable if it's off limits?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #380048

This is why if I ever send the shuttle over and leave it there I make sure the console is deleted.

EDIT: To add onto my personal opinion on the matter though you made it to centcomm in a "legit" way you are not supposed to be able to, as oranges has confirmed for us in this thread. I think it's perfectly alright for daturix to remove you from centcomm.

I do think how he decided to remove you was a little harsh however. Though the rod smite is an amusing one I personally always try to avoid using it on the centcomm z level because it can fuck up a lot of important things, like the escape shuttle, holodecks etc.
Last edited by Rustledjimm on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #380049

Saegrimr wrote:I don't see why you couldn't have just teleported him back to arrivals when that's like two buttons at most, but mostly when he got there through legitimate means. And what Cedar said, why is that even emaggable if it's off limits?
These consoles were changed in the shuttle rework and this was likely just missed.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #380068

Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #386305

>using a rod
>not locking down the ferry when it docked
>not letting ghosts play CC security to thwart a syndi agent

why
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
ghostecho

Post by ghostecho » #390399

Doctor Pork wrote:>using a rod
>not locking down the ferry when it docked
>not letting ghosts play CC security to thwart a syndi agent

why
I would have been fine with the CC security as it would have been a more engaging experience both for myself, and other players, which wouldn't have even boiled down to ">lol deathsquad with pulse rifles" since I had sleeping carp, it would have been an actual fight, that I may or may not have lost. That would have made for a much more engaging round than just lol rod of death
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #390400

This was solved code wise and so should hopefully not happen again. As for what happened players on centcom is usually a very bad idea and also usually you get there from an exploit so ahelping is the key part here to check if it's alright